Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 40 123451121 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 8

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Default Stadium Watch 8

Quote Originally Posted by Talk some sense! View Post
    Is the multi storey in town going to be open during matches do we know? I know they lock it up after a certain time but i'd imagine it'd make sense to have it open later on a Friday.

I personally can't see it being an issue to park on matchdays for those driving, the location is perfect really and getting the bus into town and walking over should be a definite option for most.

Anybody been in the new Tesco and can tell us what it's like? I know its only a supermarket but it's still pretty big for the town!
    The nearby car parking was mentioned in the application for planning permission as far as I know the council are upgrading and cleaning the multi storey to be used on matchdays and of course you have the street level car parks as well
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    I just went for a walk around it with my wife, very impressed, just a thought, we did a bit of shopping in Tesco,s and it was very busy coming out but i said seeing as Tesco,s is 24hr opening what would be the problem with them letting Saints use the car park, after all i do not think they are going to be so very busy at match times.
    I'm sure they said that there will be no parking allowed on any of the retail parks for the RL matches. I know people have been wheel clamped and fined at Wigan for it.

Can someone clarify please?

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Tescos will have camera cams and probably keep a close eye on people who stay too long so I wouldnt risk it
    as I said above you are supposed to use the multi sotrye and street level car parks in the area and walk to the stadium, its only a 10 minute walk
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

For the benefit of those of you who don't live nearby, I did a sweep of the new ground today and filmed it for your benefit in three exciting instalments:

I hope you enjoy it, you'd better, it took me 45 minutes to get off Tesco!
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

Thanks for the tour Mr. V.

In The South Stand

I know about Tescos rigid attitude to parking and i know about Warrington, i only mentioned it becuase of the 24hr opening.

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
    For the benefit of those of you who don't live nearby, I did a sweep of the new ground today and filmed it for your benefit in three exciting instalments:

I hope you enjoy it, you'd better, it took me 45 minutes to get off Tesco!
    Thanks for filming that. Went with the wife, this afternoon, with a plan to look around the stadium and visit the new Tesco.

Took ages crawling around Tesco car park trying to park up. This was because the the enormous queue of cars trying to get out.
    Nothing was moving for ages.

Eventually got to park up, but by then, I had spat the dummy. Went around Tesco, bought some things (mainly beer!) and then got in the queue to get out.
    Don't think I will be visiting again until after Christmas. Yet another traffic design cock-up in St. Helens.
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

In The South Stand

Thanks for the tour.

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoofeHearted View Post
    Thanks for filming that. Went with the wife, this afternoon, with a plan to look around the stadium and visit the new Tesco.

Took ages crawling around Tesco car park trying to park up. This was because the the enormous queue of cars trying to get out.
    Nothing was moving for ages.

Eventually got to park up, but by then, I had spat the dummy. Went around Tesco, bought some things (mainly beer!) and then got in the queue to get out.
    Don't think I will be visiting again until after Christmas. Yet another traffic design cock-up in St. Helens.
    For me, it will work one of two ways.

It's either a traffic cock up OR, and this is my theory, it's terrible today and will be for the next 2-3 weeks because the Linkway East is shut. A lot of people are following the diversion which takes you across the top of Tesco round about in order to go past Arnold Clark and then down Peasley Cross Road towards Fingerpost.

Normally that traffic would be fine, but with the road being shut the Linkway is getting a lot more traffic than usual and that was what was causing the jams in Tesco.

If I'm wrong though, and it wouldn't be the first time, they will need to put lights on that roundabout. Tesco won't stand for that sort of queueing for long. Although I am not going to lie, if I go back to the stadium that's where I'll be parking!
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

It didn't help that there are temporary lights at the McDonald's Roundabout.
    Does anyone know what they are for?

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoofeHearted View Post
    It didn't help that there are temporary lights at the McDonald's Roundabout.
    Does anyone know what they are for?
    Believe it or not they are there to ease pressure in front of tesco where the traffic sits. similar coming down the link way to Mc Ds. Same process as traffic lights on slip roads before getting on a motorway. Going on red they are meant to let the traffic flow where it's not (currently outside tesco)
    Works well doesn't it
    Last edited by wardies love child; 31st October 2011 at 18:58. Reason: Better punctuation
    Nobody said life would be easy

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Believe it or not they are there to ease pressure in front of tesco where the traffic sits. similar coming down the link way to Mc Ds. Same process as traffic lights on slip roads before getting on a motorway. Going on red they are meant to let the traffic flow where it's not (currently outside tesco)
    Works well doesn't it
    Thanks for that.

The idea must have looked good on paper.

Starting A Programme Collection

Its just as bad in tesco they offer a free map at the checkout, should offer it at the entrance in my oppinion. There is no structure either everything is all over the Place.

Noooobie

Amazing pictures and videos everyone - thank you! I can't wait to get down there and have a look around for myself! New kit tomorrow, stadium naming rights announcement presumably not far away, best stadium in British club rugby...good times!!

Noooobie

Thanks for those Videos Verminator, a great insight of the stadium for us that don't live locally. Very much appreciated, and great work.

Traffic...

First off, the bridge works being a month late.

Second, every bugger and their dog wanting to go and look at the new Tesco. Why? It looks like every other Tesco Extra, there's no need to pile down on opening day.

It'll be fine once the novelty has worn off and the bridge is up.

Plus side, in and out of Asda with no hassles...

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

Thanks for that Verminator, it took you 45 mins to get off the car park you say there's devotion to duty for you. It took me over an hour to watch vid 2 as I have a dial up dongle to run my internet on in the middle of knowhere in Saudi but well worth the wait cheers.

Got A Season Ticket

Don't understand it. Most of the large multiples offer home delivery now - no need to step foot in any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Traffic...

First off, the bridge works being a month late.

Second, every bugger and their dog wanting to go and look at the new Tesco. Why? It looks like every other Tesco Extra, there's no need to pile down on opening day.

It'll be fine once the novelty has worn off and the bridge is up.

Plus side, in and out of Asda with no hassles...
    A man with common sense, however I'm stuck between a rock and hard place due to our Maud wanting to go however she would go with her mam but will be taking my card so I can't keep an eye on her lol

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintjames View Post
    Don't understand it. Most of the large multiples offer home delivery now - no need to step foot in any of them.
    to choose your own fresh fruit and veg yer weirdo!!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    Nah just send the wife.

In The South Stand

Better off buying it from a proper Greengrocer or a Farm Shop if you want fresh fruit and veg.The veg is locally sourced aswell.less food miles!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman View Post
    Better off buying it from a proper Greengrocer or a Farm Shop if you want fresh fruit and veg.The veg is locally sourced aswell.less food miles!
    supermarket shopping for all foodstuffs suits my lifestyle profile.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

supermarket shopping for all foodstuffs suits my lifestyle profile.
    Do you mean you're not bothered if its gone off before you get home?

Got A Season Ticket

Shall we change this to supermarket watch.
    Last edited by ThorntonSaint; 1st November 2011 at 13:11. Reason: offensive typo