Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where the hell do we go from here ?

Banned

Default where the hell do we go from here ?

after sitting through the worst gf performance of our losing streak i think eammon and simmons need to have a long hard look at the team, yes we had bad luck with injuries tonight but at 16-8 leeds were beat ,sorry folks but its time to be cruel to kind , lets start with wellens , in the modern game fb is not only the last line of defence but the first line of attack, sorry paul but for my money its off to widnes for you.

foster and makinson both need to be kept , jamie for his kicking and tom for his pace and graft , would wellens have scored that try ...no , shenton is a no brainer lacks the explosive pace off the mark but we need his defence and once put in space he's quick enough, as for meli ......bye bye

the halves lomax is a great talent but needs a controlling influence alongside him , gaskell well im not convinced

as for the pack well jammers gone so no need to comment and roby is no brainer, tp needs to be a bit more aggressive, good riddance to moore,wilkin is a machine but does have the occaisional brain fart but need to keep him, soliola is a grafter that every team needs whilst clough is soild enough

in conclusion next years line up should be
    makinson
    foster
    wheeler
    shenton
    gardner

hohaia
    lomax

perry
    roby
    tp
    wilkin
    soliola
    laffranchi

flannery
    flannagan
    clough
    lms
    Last edited by stoneislander; 8th October 2011 at 23:11. Reason: spelling

In The South Stand

Gaskell?

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Why do we have to have so many threads all started by knee-jerk reactions and all equally depressing? Can't you just answer each other's moans on one thread, it's the same every time we lose a big game. And many of them are the same people who come on in huge celebrations after we do something good, like beating Wigan twice in two weeks without any of these concerns seeming so vital.

Starting A Programme Collection NortonSaint's Avatar

Dixon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NortonSaint View Post
    Dixon
    not good enough squad player at best

Banned

[QUOTE=stoneislander;386343]after sitting through the worst gf performance of our losing streak i think eammon and simmons need to have a long hard look at the team, yes we had bad luck with injuries tonight but at 16-8 leeds were beat ,sorry folks but its time to be cruel to kind , lets start with wellens , in the modern game fb is not only the last line of defence but the first line of attack, sorry paul but for my money its off to widnes for you.

Until his injury I thought he was absolutely outstanding tonight, your right he wouldn't have scored that try but I would put my life on the fact he would have stopped Hall's try after the Burrow break. The playoffs have shown that the for all the flashy work the likes of Tomkins/Hodgson did in the regular season, when the chips are down Wello is still as vital to Saints as they are to their respective sides

Starting A Programme Collection NortonSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stoneislander View Post
    not good enough squad player at best
    Got us back into the game when we were camped on their line and not looking like scoring.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NortonSaint View Post
    Got us back into the game when we were camped on their line and not looking like scoring.
    Wouldn't call him a game changer but his input made a huge difference.
    Nobody said life would be easy

Noooobie

I really dont think it was a case of where we go from here to be fair the game was rubbish to watch... i have a strange feeling when comparing it to last week it may of been saints mindset to play down the fact it was a grandfinal... and you know what we wernt there for the first 40 and you cant win a game by that.... and in reality we lost 2 important players but we should of put jammer straight back on it was a no brainer for me and he didnt do it...

Noooobie

and really clough in the first 5 mins running the ball in and turning his back on our 10 without being touched SHOCKING its a grand final for gods sake

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

And on a positive note you have performed a minor miracle. You have made a point that Bazdev and myself agree on entirely which is pretty rare. Saying that, all the other posts of Bazdev's I have seen tonight have been spot on and entirely fair

Banned

I'm going to be pedantic now. Blind people can read and they cannot see. (Braille)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    He saw what you wrote. To do that he had to read it. I'm afraid that if you are using a forum to state your opinions seeing and reading go pretty much hand in hand. He drew his conclusions after seeing what you had written. Hope this clarifies it all for you.

And on a positive note you have performed a minor miracle. You have made a point that Bazdev and myself agree on entirely which is pretty rare. Saying that, all the other posts of Bazdev's I have seen tonight have been spot on and entirely fair
    To be honest I tried to watch the game without caring but I ended up hoping for a Leeds win after my mates all started texting when you got ahead. It took me until yesterday to get over our loss so I know what your going through tonight. I could only see Saints winning till the 60th minute but I feel regardless of the injuries (which cost you) there is definitely a mental block at Old Trafford for some of the players.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    there is definitely a mental block at Old Trafford for some of the players.
    It was Sir Winston Churchill who said 'Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm'

Never understood the concept with Sport that a bunch of professional rugby players lose a particular fixture and they are supposed to be mentally affected by it.
    We have all had to face adversity in life and we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and get on with it.
    If they have issues about playing a certain Rugby fixture at a certain ground then perhaps their not cut out for being champions and perhaps that is where the problem lies.
    However I would be surprised if its something that does affect them.

Learning All The Songs

Worst performance of the losing streak?

You're talking bollocks, mate

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    To be honest I tried to watch the game without caring but I ended up hoping for a Leeds win after my mates all started texting when you got ahead. It took me until yesterday to get over our loss so I know what your going through tonight. I could only see Saints winning till the 60th minute but I feel regardless of the injuries (which cost you) there is definitely a mental block at Old Trafford for some of the players.
    Wigan not making the Grand Final from 2nd place one year doesn't quite equate to 5 years of losing the Grand Final,it's not just the actual losing for me it's the build up the week before,the day of game,walking to the ground from where I park,sitting there thinking can't believe this is actually happening again and trudging back to the car usually getting soaked thinking that's it I'm not coming again.

Banned

16 - 8 up with fifteen to go , we should never have lost from there , injuries or not to have 24 unanswered points rammed past us by a mediocre leeds team who we hammered twice this year makes it the worst performance for me

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

16 - 8 up with fifteen to go , we should never have lost from there , injuries or not to have 24 unanswered points rammed past us by a mediocre leeds team who we hammered twice this year makes it the worst performance for me
    I think thats the important bit being 16-8 up,in none of the other finals were we really in control at that stage of the game,we should have won from there.

Got A Season Ticket

[QUOTE=stoneislander;386343]after sitting through the worst gf performance of our losing streak i think eammon and simmons need to have a long hard look at the team, yes we had bad luck with injuries tonight but at 16-8 leeds were beat ,sorry folks but its time to be cruel to kind , lets start with wellens , in the modern game fb is not only the last line of defence but the first line of attack, sorry paul but for my money its off to widnes for you.

How was that the worst of our losing streak? We nearly won it. Some years we've been out of it by half-time.

Got A Season Ticket saintstreble's Avatar

Agree totally that we should never have lost from 8 up fifteen to go as I have posted in the 'garbage And fed up of it' thread. 'saints crusader' however seems to feel I'm a 'muppet' for thinking this anyway it was a downright DISGRACE to concede 24 points in the last 15 in ANY game let alone the only real meaningful game of the season. All the build up all year for that one match is just heartbreaking to go through the same experience five on the run!!!! as I've said in the other thread the fans deserved better tonight from the players. End of. No excuses. We had the game in our grasp and gave it back to Leeds. Disgraceful.

Banned

[QUOTE=30th_November;386508]
    after sitting through the worst gf performance of our losing streak i think eammon and simmons need to have a long hard look at the team, yes we had bad luck with injuries tonight but at 16-8 leeds were beat ,sorry folks but its time to be cruel to kind , lets start with wellens , in the modern game fb is not only the last line of defence but the first line of attack, sorry paul but for my money its off to widnes for you.

How was that the worst of our losing streak? We nearly won it. Some years we've been out of it by half-time.
    out of it by ht u havin a laff 2007 was 8-6 leeds , 2008 was 12-6 leeds , 2009 was 8-8 last year was 16-6 hardly out of it , forget the injuries we bottled it a mediocre leeds team rammed 24 points past us in the last 15 mins

In The West Stand

[QUOTE=30th_November;386508]

I was thinking that myself, I thought we did well but threw it away. I can only assume "worst defeat" means the worst one to take....I'd agree if it meant that.

Learning All The Songs

You say mediocre, but Leeds had proven match winners in Webb, Hall, Maguire, Burrow, Sinfield and Buderus, as well as Peacock and JJB. They are a good side, make no mistake

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    You say mediocre, but Leeds had proven match winners in Webb, Hall, Maguire, Burrow, Sinfield and Buderus, as well as Peacock and JJB. They are a good side, make no mistake
    I agree with this. Leeds have been ropy the last couple of seasons, but they are a team full of winners that know how to win when the chips are down. OK we had injuries etc and we did a couple of stupid things to let them back in, but to be fair to Leeds they did not need asking twice.

Gutted to lose, but realistically man for man I do not think there was a lot in it in this game. And a lot of the posters on here have described Leeds as mediocre, which would mean we are pretty mediocre too !

Banned

next years team

1. wellens
    2. gardner/makinson
    3. shemnton
    4. wheeler
    5. foster
    6. hohiai
    7. lomax
    8. perry
    9. roby
    10. puletua