Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20303637383940

Thread: Stadium Watch 7

In The South Stand

Oit is straight "denton" it is the stadium that,s crooked.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

no its actually ME thats crooked !!
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

I drove past earlier, I think anyone can go onto the new Tesco now and of course the new stadium isn't fenced off anymore so I guess it's open season on having a close up look!
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

Yes no barriers at all we went down for another look round and the number of Saints fans wandering round admiring it was amazing, and ALL with big smiles, its really superb if you can get down and have a look you really should as someone said the pictures dont do it justice, its HUGE!! (and after that commercial on with the picture show)

main reception desk,, (sorry about the reflection)

the beautiful pitch taken through one of the big doorways

a couple of pictures from the retail park

Kings corner as someone has named it rather appropriate i think as you can now say KC`s corner

and the bridgeworks are preceeding well , men working today

from lyons yard

and a view from tesco`s , a hive of activity as they are opening tomorrow

Pre-Match drinks?

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Great pics Grunty.

In The South Stand

Once again allow me to say thanks to the people who have been keeping people like myself informed and for all the wonderful photos. when someone like myself who is a St helenser through and through but is being detained elswhere is able to see this wonderful stuff it keeps us in touch a little bit. I have been going fairly frequently looking and now that i can have a walk around i could pop up anytime, thanks againand good luck.

your all very welcome I am sure all the other contributors will say the same its been a privildge to have been able to record all this work , and to finally see it and touch it well it makes all those rainly and windy days worthwhile
    Pre-Match drinks?

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    your all very welcome I am sure all the other contributors will say the same its been a privildge to have been able to record all this work , and to finally see it and touch it well it makes all those rainly and windy days worthwhile
    I echo those sentiments, it's been so rewarding both for myself and hopefully everyone who has seen the pictures we've all taken
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

The demise of the gas tower maybe an interesting picture project next for you guys. Still local and something that will again improve the shots of the ground, certainly from afar.
    Looking on YouTube regards how they are dismantled is interesting as they come down by gas axe and what will be initially one huge crane. Remote model heli camera maybe of use, lol
    Nobody said life would be easy

Got A Season Ticket

Desktop friendly version here...some great never seen before shots.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robbob2...7627006319766/

Got A Replica Shirt 100% referee!'s Avatar

amazing pics

Want to referee? www.shrlrs.webs.com
    St Helens Rugby League Referees' Society THE BEST!

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

Some photos from today

Bridge update

Got A Season Ticket

I love the red carpet effect!

With regards to the projection, maybe they should have it on the wall behind the reception desk and then could have moving images (technical engineer geek mode off)

Quote Originally Posted by ThorntonSaint View Post
    I love the red carpet effect!

With regards to the projection, maybe they should have it on the wall behind the reception desk and then could have moving images (technical engineer geek mode off)
    I agree but there may well be more to come with regards to interior design yet.

In The South Stand

anybody having a looksee round the stadium beware of the Tesco delivery traffic, a couple of vans went past a group of saints fans Sunday afternoon much to fast.

Starting A Programme Collection 100% Saint's Avatar

I might go and have a quick look later, i imagine the traffic is pretty hectic?

Starting A Programme Collection tongey's Avatar

Just been for my first walk around the new stadium. Can't believe it's our new ground. Looking forward to getting into the place now.

Hope Saints do an open day so the fans can get a feel for the place before the start of the new season.

Noooobie

hi just joined,my friend has some very interesting pics,take a look http://www.flickr.com/photos/robbob2010/

Banned

Hope the stands are'nt too far from the action. That was the beauty of KR; it felt like you were almost on the pitch and it most have been like a 14th man at times for the Saints.

Starting A Programme Collection 100% Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tongey View Post
    Just been for my first walk around the new stadium. Can't believe it's our new ground. Looking forward to getting into the place now.

Hope Saints do an open day so the fans can get a feel for the place before the start of the new season.
    I had a look around aswell, i can't wait for the new season to start and the good friday game aswell.

Slightly O/T but regarding parking for matches etc. I noticed today that Tesco's old store carpark is still in use. Private operators are on. They were telling people that Tesco's old store has closed but you can still park there. The charges are 60p for 1 hour or 80p for 2 hours. Perhaps this carpark may still be available for the new season if it hasn't been sold off before now.

In The South Stand

I just went for a walk around it with my wife, very impressed, just a thought, we did a bit of shopping in Tesco,s and it was very busy coming out but i said seeing as Tesco,s is 24hr opening what would be the problem with them letting Saints use the car park, after all i do not think they are going to be so very busy at match times.

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    Slightly O/T but regarding parking for matches etc. I noticed today that Tesco's old store carpark is still in use. Private operators are on. They were telling people that Tesco's old store has closed but you can still park there. The charges are 60p for 1 hour or 80p for 2 hours. Perhaps this carpark may still be available for the new season if it hasn't been sold off before now.
    Is the multi storey in town going to be open during matches do we know? I know they lock it up after a certain time but i'd imagine it'd make sense to have it open later on a Friday.

I personally can't see it being an issue to park on matchdays for those driving, the location is perfect really and getting the bus into town and walking over should be a definite option for most.

Anybody been in the new Tesco and can tell us what it's like? I know its only a supermarket but it's still pretty big for the town!

Starting A Programme Collection

Looking at them pics above, looks like there is a second crane. Might be for the arches.