Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162232 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 7

Fantastic video - really makes you want to fast forward time to February next season (after Saturday of course!)

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    There you go. If it wasn't for people like me, you would have had got an inferior product to the one you are going to get now. Complaining pays.
    Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Apologies will be accepted.
    DD if you read my posts between myself and other nice posters you would have realised that until now i have managed to ignore youand certainly will not give you any credit for any improvements all that is down to the people running St Helens RLFC in such a good way.

If you had noticed for instance a couple of conversations with another man who mentioned that we who had been supporting Saints for more than 50yrs each appreciated any improvements having spent so much time at Knowsley Road.

In fact DD your post have been so wearing as to give anyone heartburn if they spent more than a second reading them. I give you credit only for getting me to rise to your bait but after this i wont again so do not bother trying.

Well done Saints for a superb job , come on you Saints.

Starting A Programme Collection

From what you saw in the walkabout in the video do you think it will be possible for those seated in south stand to nip round to the home speccies section ie the standing section for a quick half time pint? The guy selling the season tickets at the Park Inn seemed to think so as he described the refreshments area as one continuous concourse.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

it does look continuous doesnt it?
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

I certainly hope so as it was one of the reassuring factors when four of us decided to split from the seats we had together at Widnes.

The concourse is continuous, from the South East side of the tunnel all the way around to the South West side of the tunnel. Or vice versa if you're walking the other way...

Whether there will be stewards preventing people from walking around, I don't know but it is possible.

Banned

so if people are stood in the west stand and spot an empty seat in the south they can have a little walk and save themselves a few quid ?

In The South Stand

the need to control fans once inside the stadium is of the highest importance, lack of it would reduce the amount of fans allowed in.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneislander View Post
    so if people are stood in the west stand and spot an empty seat in the south they can have a little walk and save themselves a few quid ?
    I doubt it very much - the Stewards will either prevent people from moving freely from one concourse to the next, or will check everyone's tickets as they enter a stand from a concourse. I suspect the first is a lot easier to implement with barriers, the second could be a right ball ache if there are lots of people all trying to pass into the stand at once.

Oh come on lets not start putting barriers up. They manage far bigger crowds at the MEN with a continuous concourse. I'd feel a bit aggrieved having been sold a season ticket and informed that there was a continuous concourse that now couldn't be moved around in because someone had put barriers up. I've no ulterior motive, just want to meet up either before game or half time with relatives in the standing section in the concourse area which I was led to believe was possible.
    We need a "can do" mentality, there's enough barriers metaphorical or real in life without any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Oh come on lets not start putting barriers up. They manage far bigger crowds at the MEN with a continuous concourse. I'd feel a bit aggrieved having been sold a season ticket and informed that there was a continuous concourse that now couldn't be moved around in because someone had put barriers up. I've no ulterior motive, just want to meet up either before game or half time with relatives in the standing section in the concourse area which I was led to believe was possible.
    We need a "can do" mentality, there's enough barriers metaphorical or real in life without any more.
    You see here we go again, one user says "is it continous" another says "possibly not" now its a given that the concourse is closed, come on folks, get a grip.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

no nerves today surprisingly for me. and im quietly confident for the first time since the hull final of 2006
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    You see here we go again, one user says "is it continous" another says "possibly not" now its a given that the concourse is closed, come on folks, get a grip.
    Totally agree, let's get in the gaff ffs before we start whining. At least then you will have seen how the place is and how it's operated.
    Nobody said life would be easy

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Totally agree, let's get in the gaff ffs before we start whining. At least then you will have seen how the place is and how it's operated.
    Concourse, the new Cladding ?

Nothing like lively debate. I'm not moaning just enquiring. If we just shut up then ultimately there's no threads and no forum. The devil in me says I'd be made up if the concourse takes over as the new cladding topic.

I'll say again, it is perfectly possible to walk from the South Stand to the South Stand, via the East, North and West (or vice versa) in one fluid motion. Just as it were possible to walk all the way around KR (RIP). Whether such movement will be permitted, or how it will be stewarded, NOBODY knows, yet.

So concourse, not the new cladding.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nothing like lively debate. I'm not moaning just enquiring. If we just shut up then ultimately there's no threads and no forum. The devil in me says I'd be made up if the concourse takes over as the new cladding topic.
    "I'd feel a bit aggrieved having been sold a season ticket and informed that there was a continuous concourse that now couldn't be moved around in because someone had put barriers up"

so if people where told they could move about the concourse when they bought season tickets then until the day the first game comes about or any other information is released by the club, that is the answer!

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    I'll say again, it is perfectly possible to walk from the South Stand to the South Stand, via the East, North and West (or vice versa) in one fluid motion. Just as it were possible to walk all the way around KR (RIP). Whether such movement will be permitted, or how it will be stewarded, NOBODY knows, yet.

So concourse, not the new cladding.
    Debate sorted and finished then on that topic, cheers Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Debate sorted and finished then on that topic, cheers Admin.
    He had to lex he started it.
    Wait till people find out it's bring yer own bog roll.
    Nobody said life would be easy

Noooobie

Been had another look round this morning checking on some work and remembered my camera, anyhow I'm no good at downloading pics can I email someone on here for u to post ? I have about 25 and a cheeky video !! It's looking fantastic by the way !

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Pete ! View Post
    Been had another look round this morning checking on some work and remembered my camera, anyhow I'm no good at downloading pics can I email someone on here for u to post ? I have about 25 and a cheeky video !! It's looking fantastic by the way !
    PM sent

I have seen the pics and ur all in for a suprise.

Here you go
    TV Gantry

Studio

Control Room

Home Changing Room

Home Changing room

Function Room

Corridor Leading To Boxes

Very nicely coming along.