Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345671323 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 7

Behind and,on occasion,in the Mill House.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite Don Brennan View Post
    Take a look at these puppies
    http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/1274
    The last aerial shot is fabulous.Although I'll always miss KR and no stadium,no matter how grand,will ever replace the old girl in my heart,we finally have a stadium befitting of our great club.
    Knowsley Road 1890-2010

Farewell old friend,you will live long in all our memories.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Notice that the north stand centre block is now clad also

That'll be where the lift is?

Just looking at the close up of the seating, seems to me that the seat pitch is very generous.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    seat pitch
    ??

Starting A Programme Collection

Looking from the air you can see how big that pay and display will be.

Got A Season Ticket

How did you get this link mate? It's not due to be live until tomorrow and you can't see it on the site without using this link.

I'll make it live now however, but if there's a security issue I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    ??
    Seat pitch = the distance from the arse of one seat to the arse of the seat in front.

Big seat pitch = plenty of leg room.

Seat pitch = the distance from the arse of one seat to the arse of the seat in front.

You mean leg room cocker, seat pitch, who does de think de is

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Media Manager View Post
    How did you get this link mate? It's not due to be live until tomorrow and you can't see it on the site without using this link.

I'll make it live now however, but if there's a security issue I need to know.
    No names no packdrill
    I got It off rlfans,chairmaker had posted It,straight link to the saints site!
    I wondered why It had tomorrows date on It.

Got A Season Ticket

I think it is hard to tell without anyone sitting there.

The legroom at Wigan is a little too tight but is this any better? Any chance of a pic with perspective someone?!

Agree the final picture looks magnificent. Seats do look to have plenty of legroom too, not that its an issue for me in the West !

In The South Stand

What an absolutely super duper Rugby League Stadium we have got at StHelens now is the time for Saints to put the biggest advertising push they have ever thought possible and then some .Every newspaper every poster every magazine about anything local or further needs to be having pictures and comments about this Stadium so that anyone who had any doubts can stop now.People who have thought they had an excuse to not go wathing the Saints should be made to see and appreciate what StHelens have got the finest rugby league stadium in the country, tell them to get there tickets before they all go. I have got mine.

Learning All The Songs

Thoroughly agree. Sell, sell, sell those season tickets! Great pics again - steps will look really good with the handrails on etc. Nice views inside the east stand - tons of room in that concourse - hopefully encourage lots of away fans in. Any plans to have TVs in the concourses - anybody know?

Starting A Programme Collection SaintJ's Avatar

I'd say that you're 100% not looking in the right place - they've been working on the foundations for months!

To say behind KFC is a bit misleading tho, it's further back than that, the other side of the railway line from KFC, by the Ravenhead Retail Park (B&Q) roundabout. It appears to lead from The World Of Glass to the Tesco side of the New Stadium, if I were you I'd have a wander down the side of the Hotties from the Chalon Way car park, that's more looking in the right place than behind KFC or Matalan. Or drive from KFC to B&Q - you'll not miss it then!

Starting A Programme Collection SaintJ's Avatar

Thanks for that. Will take a wander down there.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Go to the World of Glass and then go under the railway bridge to go to the St Helens Chamber of Commerce greenhouse and THAT is the path you will use to get to the bridge and stadium
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Quote Originally Posted by scousedave View Post
    well firstly when your sat or stood where you will be watching from, and the screen and scorebored are init will efectivly be a bowl,it will be the continuous roof that holds in the noise not the outer cladding.
    The atmosphere of a fortress will come from howmany show up every week!
    An open field can be intimidating when 100% of the fans are behind the team100% ask any amature player,theres allways places they hate going.
    The thing is getting everyone one on the same page! The plans never showed the stadium was going to be clad but the
    3d model did........so what!
    The thing is we have a truely great NEW stadium in a world climate that might have seen us go under,be gratefull for what we have. for all those moaners and doubters who love nothing more than to whinge, go down to the stadium this evening before it go's dark stand right therir and look, take it in, take the time to really really look why stood right their
    its friggin amaizing, its a daunting image for away fans, its truely spectacular and for all those who are moaning............stay away if you dont like it! no one puts a shotgun to your heads but the club will do good at this stadium with or without you. i bet other team fans come one here and laugh at just how negative someone can be
    Bang on there SD.

People are always going to have an opinion about the stadium and there are bound to be some things that don't please.

BUT, unless any of us on here happen to have got a major infrastructure project up and running and almost to completion in the period since the western world went into financial meltdown in 2008, I would argue none of us have a reason to continually moan and should give the club a break.

Be thankful that the club has a senior management board with the skill and know how to get this long overdue stadium built in the toughest economic climate since the 1930's. The stadium looks amazing at the moment and regardless of whether it is 100% finished or not when it opens for business, it will undoubtedly be the best in SL and probably English rugby of either code.

Of course, if after a few matches it becomes clear that it was a botched job done on the cheap, by all means moan away but a more positive air on here would be a good thing.

Got A Season Ticket

WELL WTF CAN I SAY! after those pics from (cough cough saints) if you can come on here and moan about anything you really are a bellend!(should i start my ban now?)

Got A Season Ticket

Hey saints midea manager, when we going to see it all lit up in the dark?

Starting A Programme Collection itwillalwaysbewithme's Avatar

Wowser!
    itwillalwaysbewithme

Always your year

Got A Season Ticket Dom McCormack's Avatar

Its looking superb, can't wait for next year under lights!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

we have been trying to sort a new stadium since way back when hanley coached us but it always fell through. a couple of seasons ago if someone mentioned the new ground i responded with a "i will believe it when i see it". and here it is!! massive kudos must go out to the hard working people who have made this happen. i imagine they have had to work their knackers off to get this project off the ground. well done to all. can't wait to get in!!! COYS!!!
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection shabbashaz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    we have been trying to sort a new stadium since way back when hanley coached us but it always fell through. a couple of seasons ago if someone mentioned the new ground i responded with a "i will believe it when i see it". and here it is!! massive kudos must go out to the hard working people who have made this happen. i imagine they have had to work their knackers off to get this project off the ground. well done to all. can't wait to get in!!! COYS!!!
    I remember it being announced when I was living up there, and even before I moved back down south, the talk was still going on. I was a bit miffed as the new ground would have been a 10/15 minute walk from where I used to live.

Those pics are awesome, good to see some room between the seats, I hate it when I have to get up to go to the loo (weak bladder/too much cider combination) and have to disturb people to get out.

As others have said will we get a pic of it lit up soon?
    ONLY ONE STEVE PRESCOTT

Got A Season Ticket Wizards Sleeve's Avatar

Drove past the place when I was over for the weekend last week. Drove down PX Lane. Turned round and drove past almost every angle I could get. The place looks amazing. I felt so proud I was close to tears. After watching The Saints at KR for nearly 40 years, to say we can have a stadium that looks so fantastic as our new home is awesome. Well done all the team at Saints that have got us to this point in our history. Just need the team to carry on the great work in the future and everything will be oh so rosy.
    Born in St.Helens (Lancashire). Live in Hull. Probably die in Hull if I keep wearing this Red Vee.

Got A Replica Shirt kennythesaint's Avatar

Im not too sure but i think the flood lights where on before