Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 40 123451121 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 7

Learning All The Songs

Default Stadium Watch 7

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Saints Media Manager to pop round with a few beers and a takeaway to have a good chat?
    What a great idea!!

On a more serious note I agree fully with your earlier comments re Saints Media Manager, being one of those who has received a pm. Only thing I would say without wanting to prolong the discussion, is that what was in the pm, isn't what is being said now, and I suspect part of the issue is despite the various protestations on here, that the clube are keeping a close eye on how the Stadium is performing in the various weather conditions and also are clearly not blind to comments being made on the subject. To be honest I couldn't think of a bigger own goal than if half the North Stand (or the West) went for their half -time pint and came back soaked! - just can't see it happening.

Starting A Programme Collection NortonSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Look at the issues wakefield and castleford are having, and everton in football over new stadia, I think that shows how well the club have done, I'm a little disappointed about the cladding, but when I think back to last year, it really is a.million times better
    Wakey and Cas won't lay a brick with regards to new stadia in the next three years, they've got away with it.

Regards flooding on the concourse last time I had a look round half the downspouts had not been coupled up to the drains.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Regards flooding on the concourse last time I had a look round half the downspouts had not been coupled up to the drains.
    Surely that can't be right, it's as if the place isn't finished yet.

Learning All The Songs

Admin person

clarity in communication .....

"likely to" ????? isn't a clear phrase

Also, I was under the impression that ONLY the North stand was likely to have cladding by around about the time of the first game. Where's this information about the West stand getting it by then come from? So again I say where's the clarity ?????? Can anyone show me a link where the club say this about the West stand?

It sounds like you are suggesting that we should be grateful to the club for the bits of informaton they give us. I differ in that view. Any business that doesn't communicate clearly with its customer base is a foolish business. There are many foolish businesses I could example to you.

I thnk this debate about cladding would have lasted one page if clear communication would have been put out.

It is quite obvious there are concerns from fans. It makes no difference whether those concerns are well founded or not. It is in the club's power to allay those concerns and clarify the different interpretations (see comment about West stand cladding above) of what is to be expected. Maybe they could even run to a reason why it is to be expected thus, as long as revealing the reason does not directly hurt the club that is.

Being sarcastic about beer and a chat doesn't help.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    Admin person

It is clear. It means it is likely to be the case, but there is a chance that it might not.

I want Sky Go on my Android phone. I asked Sky and they said it was likely to come out some time this winter. Not definitely will. Likely to. I could ask them why they don't find more money to employ more people and do it quicker and send me a weekly update. They won't though, because they've given me their answer and it was a reasonable answer.

Saints are under no obligation to tell us every minute detail about the progress of every aspect of the stadium's fabrication at all times. They are most likely trying desperately hard to fund the thing to completion and have better things to do than answer the same question for a zillionth time.

Saints have explicitly said that the North and West stands are likely to be clad before the start of the season. I can only assume that you want them to say that they DEFINITELY will be, but life and business isn't always that black and white and there might be a lot of variables that we don't know about (and that the directors don't WANT us to know about given that Saints' money is basically their OWN PERSONAL cash raised from PERSONAL means that are none of our business, as our club loses millions and millions of pounds that they have to fund from their own pockets). Perhaps they should come on and explain to the angry mob why they haven't mortgaged their houses to clad our East stand?

Chill out and see what it's like for the first game. If we haven't been able to find the cash to finish it 100% perfectly, then I for one can forgive the club given what they have managed to achieve for a hideously lossmaking sports club in the middle of a global financial meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Chill out and see what it's like for the first game. If we haven't been able to find the cash to finish it 100% perfectly, then I for one can forgive the club given what they have managed to achieve for a hideously lossmaking sports club in the middle of a global financial meltdown.
    Spot on.

Learning All The Songs

Saints have explicitly said that the North and West stands are likely to be clad before the start of the season. I.
    Can you show me where they say this about the West stand? I have found a quote from them about the North stand, but in that quote it just says the West stand will be done later.

Learning All The Songs

Any more on-site news? Have those steps gone in yet? Looks like they are going to be blessed with the weather as far as finishing off the ground works.

Also does anybody know if they are going to clear the full site in October or are ground works going to continue on phase 2 - though I am sure somebody said there was no planning permision for Phase 2 (???) - though I presume this would have also been the case for new wall etc on PX lane (outside JKP) - as this is not technically phase 1??

Cheers.

In The South Stand

Can you show me where they say this about the West stand? I have found a quote from them about the North stand, but in that quote it just says the West stand will be done later.
    A couple of pages back there is a quoted response from Saints saying:

"Don't take this the wrong way, but I have answered this question about 60 times. The North and West stands are likely to be cladded by the beginning of the season"

Learning All The Songs

Chill out and see what it's like for the first game. .
    I am perfectly chilled thank you. I'm personally not bothered either way about the cladding. I do disagree about the point made on communication.

You say the club arn't obliged to tell us anything, of course you are correct. My point is that policy is foolish. That's all.

In The South Stand

You say the club arn't obliged to tell us anything, of course you are correct. My point is that policy is foolish. That's all.
    I know mate, I didn't mean to sound off. And I would agree with you if they weren't telling us anything. But they have specifically answered the question asked.

If there is something else you (or anybody reading this thread) wants to know, I suggest you send an email and ask them. It's a bit pointless arguing that they haven't told us the answer to a question that hasn't been asked, and even more pointless arguing that they haven't answered a question that they have actually answered several times!

Admin person

Also, I was under the impression that ONLY the North stand was likely to have cladding by around about the time of the first game. Where's this information about the West stand getting it by then come from? So again I say where's the clarity ?????? Can anyone show me a link where the club say this about the West stand?

It sounds like you are suggesting that we should be grateful to the club for the bits of informaton they give us. I differ in that view. Any business that doesn't communicate clearly with its customer base is a foolish business. There are many foolish businesses I could example to you.

I thnk this debate about cladding would have lasted one page if clear communication would have been put out.

It is quite obvious there are concerns from fans. It makes no difference whether those concerns are well founded or not. It is in the club's power to allay those concerns and clarify the different interpretations (see comment about West stand cladding above) of what is to be expected. Maybe they could even run to a reason why it is to be expected thus, as long as revealing the reason does not directly hurt the club that is.

Being sarcastic about beer and a chat doesn't help.
    But maybe you would benefit from the beer and chat? After all, your post suggests throughout that you personally have not directly asked a single question of Saints.

Contact them - I dare you - challenge the clarity.

info@saintsrlfc.com

I have found a quote from them about the North stand, but in that quote it just says the West stand will be done later.
    That seems pretty clear to me but you could try emailing them and asking them to clarify this? info@saintsrlfc.com

I do disagree about the point made on communication. You say the club arn't obliged to tell us anything, of course you are correct. My point is that policy is foolish. That's all.
    Because a Media Manager that doesn't knock off at 5pm, posts on non club forums, responds to every email sent to him and generally goes beyond the call of duty despite people complaining of not being informed of developments or timescales or not being given cast iron guarantees, all day every day, by every club employee, is a foolish Media Manager?

Starting A Programme Collection shabbashaz's Avatar

Oh my god, is Dunderpants still whittering on about the cladding? I wonder if he had shares in red cladding!!! Looking at the pic of the aerial view of the stadium, it looks chuffing awesome and the cladding is the least of my worries. I'm more concerned about how our lads will fair next season and the new signings coming in.

I guess there's no pleasing some WUM's
    ONLY ONE STEVE PRESCOTT

Starting A Programme Collection

It looks like they are dismanteling the porta cabins. They are removing all the cables.
    The webcam will be off soon.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Windle Lad View Post
    Any more on-site news? Have those steps gone in yet? Looks like they are going to be blessed with the weather as far as finishing off the ground works.

Also does anybody know if they are going to clear the full site in October or are ground works going to continue on phase 2 - though I am sure somebody said there was no planning permision for Phase 2 (???) - though I presume this would have also been the case for new wall etc on PX lane (outside JKP) - as this is not technically phase 1??

Cheers.
    the steps are almost in place, looks fantastic, adds a bit of class.

loads of the lads on site are moving onto olympic site work, one is moving to the Salford site.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    the steps are almost in place, looks fantastic, adds a bit of class.
    I hoped they would look good - should really create an impression at the PX end.

Got A Season Ticket

Just come back from the site. The steps down to PX lane do indeed look impressive. The new car park opposite the south stand is coming along nicely. They are starting to put up a fence between the car park and the JKP warehouse aswell.

It's looking good!! Can't wait.

Starting A Programme Collection SaintJ's Avatar

To change the subject a bit. Anyone know anything more about the bridge that is supposed to link the Town Centre to the New Stadium? When I asked in the shop about it, was told it was going from behind KFC [near Matalan] to the Stadium.
    Had a walk down there a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't see anything being done. Am I looking in the right place, or hasn't it been started yet?
    Thanks for any info.

In The South Stand

Lots of work being done on it, all the ground work looks to be complete and ready to have the bridge placed.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJ View Post
    Had a walk down there a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't see anything being done. Am I looking in the right place, or hasn't it been started yet?
    Thanks for any info.
    I'd say that you're 100% not looking in the right place - they've been working on the foundations for months!

To say behind KFC is a bit misleading tho, it's further back than that, the other side of the railway line from KFC, by the Ravenhead Retail Park (B&Q) roundabout. It appears to lead from The World Of Glass to the Tesco side of the New Stadium, if I were you I'd have a wander down the side of the Hotties from the Chalon Way car park, that's more looking in the right place than behind KFC or Matalan. Or drive from KFC to B&Q - you'll not miss it then!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shabbashaz View Post
    I guess there's no pleasing some WUM's
    Don't call me that because I'm not.

And Mr Redvee admin remember this. 2 days now I've put up with ridicule and abuse for stating an opinion,including from yourself. I've not once had a pop back until now so it would be slightly hypocritical if you banned me for it. I'll take a warning if you also give the same to every poster in this thread who posted derogatory remarks against me.
    If you edit my posts again then at least have the decency to acknowledge the fact.
    But knowing you you'll just edit or delete this post and ban me anyway. Que sera sera and all that.

A certain ex-member hit the nail right on the head and I can understand why he doesn't post anymore.
    Last edited by RedVee Admin; 28th September 2011 at 10:55. Reason: The owners of RedVee.Net reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by lee.ashtonsaint View Post
    Lots of work being done on it, all the ground work looks to be complete and ready to have the bridge placed.
    also the large bolts that will anchor the dridge in place have been woven into the steel reinforcement, both side are almost at the same stage, should be near to the last big pour before the foundations are ready.