Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234561222 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 7

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJ View Post
    To change the subject a bit. Anyone know anything more about the bridge that is supposed to link the Town Centre to the New Stadium? When I asked in the shop about it, was told it was going from behind KFC [near Matalan] to the Stadium.
    Had a walk down there a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't see anything being done. Am I looking in the right place, or hasn't it been started yet?
    Thanks for any info.
    Not surprised you missed it if you look back over the last 5 pages of (mostly) drivel and negativity the last lot of pictures i took shows you the bridge site and the foundations for it (last two pictures)

http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthr...Watch-6/page46
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Dunderpants View Post
    Don't call me that because I'm not. Go and have a drink and sit down with another episode of Desperate For Love....sorry Housewives.

Noticed you were 36. Is that your IQ or stones?

And Mr Redvee admin remember this. 2 days now I've put up with ridicule and abuse for stating an opinion,including from yourself. I've not once had a pop back until now so it would be slightly hypocritical if you banned me for it. I'll take a warning if you also give the same to every poster in this thread who posted derogatory remarks against me.
    If you edit my posts again then at least have the decency to acknowledge the fact.
    But knowing you you'll just edit or delete this post and ban me anyway. Que sera sera and all that.

A certain ex-member hit the nail right on the head and I can understand why he doesn't post anymore.
    just out of curiosity is there anything about the stadium you DO like? because I along with many others are struggling to find a positive comment of yours, I think thats why your getting negativity and abuse back , yes you have the right to an opinion, but it should be balanced rather than complaining all the time
    Pre-Match drinks?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    just out of curiosity is there anything about the stadium you DO like? because I along with many others are struggling to find a positive comment of yours, I think thats why your getting negativity and abuse back , yes you have the right to an opinion, but it should be balanced rather than complaining all the time
    I agree with this. I haven't commented on this thread for a while but it has certainly taken a decisive pessimistic view of late. But that is not just pointed at Phil but a few others too.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I THINK IT'S LOOKING BRILLIANT,CANT WAIT.....(that positive enough)
    Learned comment from The Don

Got A Season Ticket

ha that's more like it Don!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse don View Post
    i think it's looking brilliant,cant wait.....(that positive enough)
    that`ll do !!
    Pre-Match drinks?

Walked along PX Road this afternoon, the stadium looks fantastic, I know a few people have compared it to other stadia but I can't think of any that get anywhere near OURS, well done Saints and well done everyone involved in the project, Brilliant.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

I passed it today and I cannot wait to be in there watching our first game! I think it's looking really good and when you consider some of the places we go to, be grateful for what we have, and be thankful you're a Saints fan.

Was also amused to be behind a man in the shop getting well annoyed that he couldn't have seats exactly comparable to where he had them at KR. Lovely patient lady behind counter said 'Did you have an ST for Widnes?' got a sneering 'no, I wasn't going to go there was I?' and she kindly explained that someone who had gone to Widnes now has said comparable seat. Aside from that, it seems there are not may seats left at all, the stadium is going to be packed out next season I reckon.

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    I passed it today and I cannot wait to be in there watching our first game! I think it's looking really good and when you consider some of the places we go to, be grateful for what we have, and be thankful you're a Saints fan.

Was also amused to be behind a man in the shop getting well annoyed that he couldn't have seats exactly comparable to where he had them at KR. Lovely patient lady behind counter said 'Did you have an ST for Widnes?' got a sneering 'no, I wasn't going to go there was I?' and she kindly explained that someone who had gone to Widnes now has said comparable seat. Aside from that, it seems there are not may seats left at all, the stadium is going to be packed out next season I reckon.
    Yea selling well I believe!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite Don Brennan View Post
    Yea selling well I believe!
    Any ideas on actual numbers? Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

How many STs are we expecting to shift, more than 10k?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Any ideas on actual numbers? Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

How many STs are we expecting to shift, more than 10k?
    I know theyre aiming for a minimun of eight thousand and hopeing for ten thousand.
    I reckon were not to far away from that lower figure!

In The South Stand

I know theyre aiming for a minimun of eight thousand and hopeing for ten thousand.
    I reckon were not to far away from that lower figure!
    We really should be getting 10k plus STs sold for the new place IMO. 8k isn't enough.

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

We really should be getting 10k plus STs sold for the new place IMO. 8k isn't enough.
    Agreed,this Is the time the new marketing fella will earn his coin.
    The faithfull will have renewed,them that probably went to K.R more often than not will have got theres.
    Nows the time leading up to Chritmas for a big marketing push.
    Ten thousand should be achievable.

In The South Stand

Agreed,this Is the time the new marketing fella will earn his coin.
    The faithfull will have renewed,them that probably went to K.R more often than not will have got theres.
    Nows the time leading up to Chritmas for a big marketing push.
    Ten thousand should be achievable.
    We'll sell a few when we announce the Sam Burgess signing.

Top pics S.C.
    Next time get one of the workys to stand next to the turnstyle for some perspective

We'll sell a few when we announce the Sam Burgess signing.

I'll have what you've been drinking
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Top pics S.C.
    Next time get one of the workys to stand next to the turnstyle for some perspective

You mean like this one ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Saints-Crusaders View Post

You mean like this one ?????
    Bloody hell your quick,can you play on the wing.

Bloody hell your quick,can you play on the wing.

I'd just finished uploading the pics, that's why I was able to respond quickly.....as for playing on the wing, I have trouble running a bath, let alone running on a rugby pitch

Starting A Programme Collection shabbashaz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Dunderpants View Post
    Don't call me that because I'm not.

And Mr Redvee admin remember this. 2 days now I've put up with ridicule and abuse for stating an opinion,including from yourself. I've not once had a pop back until now so it would be slightly hypocritical if you banned me for it. I'll take a warning if you also give the same to every poster in this thread who posted derogatory remarks against me.
    If you edit my posts again then at least have the decency to acknowledge the fact.
    But knowing you you'll just edit or delete this post and ban me anyway. Que sera sera and all that.

A certain ex-member hit the nail right on the head and I can understand why he doesn't post anymore.
    I haven't given you abuse, but your monotonous posts are getting slightly boring and are only the act of a WUM. Why not try and be a bit more positive about having a new home and getting in the ground before you start slating it, that's all.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, whether it's a good or bad, that's what makes any forum, but when it's been discussed to death already, then it's time to knock it on the head. You are happy to slate other threads saying they are embarrassing, when in fact there has been a reasonable discussion going on, so there are gonna be people who get fed up with the same posts, constantly repeated, by one person.

I enjoy looking at this thread for pics of how the stadium is coming on, as I don't have the advantage of seeing it everyday, I also like to read insights from others, but not repetiveness slating the developments.
    ONLY ONE STEVE PRESCOTT

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

Totally agree, I also live and work abroad so I look forward to seeing the Excellent pics that are being displayed on here thank you. The constant bleating about the unmentionables is tiresome.

Take a look at these puppies
    http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/1274

It looks absolutely magnificent. Its solely ours and makes me unbelievably proud to say it's our ground.

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

Yep cant wait to have a look at it when I get home end of Dec I just wish there was some test game on so I could go and experience it as I wont be back again till Easter time you lucky people.