Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your 2012 Preffered 17

Default Whats Your 2012 Preffered 17

There are a few negative threads at the min so as a Pie I will help lift the doom and gloom

No seriously just list your strongest 17 in your opinions and in what positions you would play them, Ill go 1st

1. J-Lo
    2. Shenton
    3. Meli
    4. Sia
    5. Goldenballs
    6. Wheels
    7. Lance
    8. Perry
    9. Roby
    10. TP
    11. LaFranchi
    12. Flannery
    13. Wilkin (C)

14. Moore 15. LMS 16. Clough 17. Flanagan

Gaskell on DR ready to cover halves.

In The South Stand

You said Wheeler. Lol!

1 - Slater
    2 - Uate
    3 - Lyon
    4 - Inglis
    5 - Jennings
    6 - Hayne
    7 - Thurston
    8 - Graham
    9 - Roby
    10 - Scott
    11 - Thaiday
    12 - Gallen
    13 - Burgess

14 - Yow Yeh
    15 - Ellis
    16 - Hannant
    17 - Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    You said Wheeler. Lol!

1 - Slater
    2 - Uate
    3 - Lyon
    4 - Inglis
    5 - Jennings
    6 - Hayne
    7 - Thurston
    8 - Graham
    9 - Roby
    10 - Scott
    11 - Thaiday
    12 - Gallen
    13 - Burgess

14 - Yow Yeh
    15 - Ellis
    16 - Hannant
    17 - Taylor
    Hahahahahahahahaha you know what I mean in a Saints shirt from what you know you have . . . . . thats a very good 17 though!

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

1. Lomax
    2. Foster
    3. Shenton
    4. Meli
    5. Gardner
    6. Wheeler
    7. Hohaia
    8. Perry
    9. Roby
    10. Laffranchi
    11. Soliola
    12. Flannery
    13. Wilkin

14. Moore
    15. McCarthy-Scarsbrook
    16. Puletua
    17. Flanagan/Clough

I would like that to be the line up but most likely
    1. Wellens
    6. Lomax
    7. Hohaia

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

A bit of light relief I guess!

1 - Lomax
    2 - Makinson
    3 - Shenton
    4 - Meli
    5 - Foster
    6 - Wheeler
    7 - Hohaia
    8 - Perry
    9 - Roby
    10 - LMS
    11 - Soliola
    12 - Puletua
    13 - Wilkin

15 - Moore
    16 - Laffranchi
    17 - Flanagan
    18 - Clough

With the addition of one more prop (possible) then that is some pack we have there and allows Tony P to play 2nd row with plenty of backup available.

I've not even included Wello/Gardner/Gaskell/Flannery and possibly more in that and it looks strong enough.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by 29wes28 View Post
    Hahahahahahahahaha you know what I mean in a Saints shirt from what you know you have . . . . . thats a very good 17 though!
    It is what would happen if Man City's owners got involved in Super League

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by 29wes28 View Post
    There are a few negative threads at the min so as a Pie I will help lift the doom and gloom

No seriously just list your strongest 17 in your opinions and in what positions you would play them, Ill go 1st

1. J-Lo
    2. Shenton
    3. Meli
    4. Sia
    5. Goldenballs
    6. Wheels
    7. Lance
    8. Perry
    9. Roby
    10. TP
    11. LaFranchi
    12. Flannery
    13. Wilkin (C)

14. Moore 15. LMS 16. Clough 17. Flanagan

Gaskell on DR ready to cover halves.
    aye, in the absence of a sane plan and sane recruitment policy thats more or less what I'd do. A few tweaks would be Makinson to wing, shenny to centre, soli to 2nd row and flanner replacing moore.

Banned

Lomax

Gardner
    Shenton
    Meli
    Foster

A. N. Other
    Hohaia

TP
    Roby
    LaFranchi
    Soliola
    Flannery
    Wilkin

Clough
    LMS
    Perry
    Wellens/Flanagan/Moore

A fit for the season (pfff... as if...) Wheeler for A. N. Other or (more practically) find a top HB from under a stone somewhere, and add a decent prop or 2 to the squad and we'll be able to compete again. Otherwise, season-long mediocrity awaits.

Got A Season Ticket The Captain's Avatar

The majority seem to be going for Lomax at full back, for me, his strength seems to be his excellent footwork that gets him through a gap or creates a half chance for others. Is that not better utilized closer to the action, up the middle?

Got A Season Ticket

1. Lomax
    2. Gardener
    3. Meli
    4. Shenton
    5. Foster
    6. Wheeler
    7. Hohihia
    8. LMS
    9. Roby
    10. TP
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Wilkin (c)
    13. Wello

14. Moore, 15 Perry (off the bench for impact), 16.Sia/clough, 17. Flannagan/Flannery

In The South Stand

Why are so many picking Wheeler? It might be better to have Wheeler / A N Other for the 20 or so weeks of the season he's unavailable for.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    The majority seem to be going for Lomax at full back, for me, his strength seems to be his excellent footwork that gets him through a gap or creates a half chance for others. Is that not better utilized closer to the action, up the middle?
    A fullback receives the ball in attack linking up out wide and that kind of footwork could be a great asset. Thats the attraction for me, not raw pace like Albet but elusive running. A fullback handles the ball in attack much more than players like Centres / wingers (well at Saints anyway), getting him on the ball in good positions is what we want IMO.

In The West Stand

Why are so many picking Wheeler? It might be better to have Wheeler / A N Other for the 20 or so weeks of the season he's unavailable for.

Based on ability I guess. He's awesome and now with Leon gone he is IMO our first choice 6.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    A fullback receives the ball in attack linking up out wide and that kind of footwork could be a great asset. Thats the attraction for me, not raw pace like Albet but elusive running. A fullback handles the ball in attack much more than players like Centres / wingers (well at Saints anyway), getting him on the ball in good positions is what we want IMO.
    I dont disagree with what you say, but surely he would be on the ball in good positions more often as a half back? Does he have the pace to join the line in a sweeping movement and arc around a player like Tompkins?

Banned

He's the only player we have or that is available with the ability to replace Pryce in any way, shape or form and keep the team competitive. We're all being over-optimistic as to his availablity as the only alternative is doom-laden depression.

Why are so many picking Wheeler?
    He did look very dangerous before his injury earlier in the year, if only he was a bit more durable...

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    I dont disagree with what you say, but surely he would be on the ball in good positions more often as a half back? Does he have the pace to join the line in a sweeping movement and arc around a player like Tompkins?
    He's probably get less ball as you say but get the ball on the run out wide causing all kinds of bother. It one of those where no one is right or wrong, just a matter of opinion on the best way to use a player. I can see both sides of it, my view may be being affected by my thoughts that we must have a bigger threat from fullback so I am trying to make everything fit from that.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Northampton_Saint View Post
    He's the only player we have or that is available with the ability to replace Pryce in any way, shape or form and keep the team competitive. We're all being over-optimistic as to his availablity as the only alternative is doom-laden depression.
    ha ha ha

now I know your taking the p1$$. Very good. Brilliant in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    I can see both sides of it, my view may be being affected by my thoughts that we must have a bigger threat from fullback so I am trying to make everything fit from that.
    I agree it would be great to have a danger from full back......I personally think Royce wont change full back in order to keep some form of consistency in the side with Pryce leaving. And as it stands, Wello the lone captain for 2012...

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

PLUS the forward we are signing..

Banned

Yet again the pure idiocy of shifting a kid who looks a solution at 7 to full back surfaces.

FFS, leave Lomax where he is where he has showed ability to do the basics well, posed a threat with quick feet and has a chance to develop into a quality number 7.

It beggars belief that people continue to think that Lomax is a full back. He isnt fast over distance and his height (lack of) would be exposed. Its getting as bad as the stupidity of suggesting Wellens in the second row.

Got A Season Ticket Back Row Singer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Yet again the pure idiocy of shifting a kid who looks a solution at 7 to full back surfaces.

FFS, leave Lomax where he is where he has showed ability to do the basics well, posed a threat with quick feet and has a chance to develop into a quality number 7.

It beggars belief that people continue to think that Lomax is a full back. He isnt fast over distance and his height (lack of) would be exposed. Its getting as bad as the stupidity of suggesting Wellens in the second row.
    So does S.Tomkins and the FB role has done him no harm?

Lomax has all the same attributes as Tomkins, just not as good (yet). They both lack a kicking game but have sensational footwork and turn of pace. (Individual Class)

Also, I do not believe Lomax can direct a team around the park, not as well as Gaskell can. He's made some bad decisions this season where if he'd have passed, a try was begging. However, give him a less pressure-filled role (attacking-wise) at FB, he can run onto the line when he wants the ball and exploit gaps with his individual pace/footwork.

Wellens would suit Second Row IMO. We've scored countless tries this year with link up play between Lomaskell-Wello-Meli-Foster-TRY! Wello is also a very good support player as well as being able to use his experience to beat men and gain yards.

Lomax
    Gardner
    Shenton/Soliola
    Meli
    Makinson/Foster
    Wheeler/Gaskell
    Hohaia
    LMS
    Roby
    Laffranchi
    Wellens
    Puletua
    Wilkin

Flannery
    Flanagan
    Shenton/Soliola
    Clough/Dixon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Back Row Singer View Post
    So does S.Tomkins and the FB role has done him no harm?

Lomax has all the same attributes as Tomkins, just not as good (yet). They both lack a kicking game but have sensational footwork and turn of pace. (Individual Class)

Also, I do not believe Lomax can direct a team around the park, not as well as Gaskell can. He's made some bad decisions this season where if he'd have passed, a try was begging. However, give him a less pressure-filled role (attacking-wise) at FB, he can run onto the line when he wants the ball and exploit gaps with his individual pace/footwork.

Wellens would suit Second Row IMO. We've scored countless tries this year with link up play between Lomaskell-Wello-Meli-Foster-TRY! Wello is also a very good ]support player as well as being able to use his experience to[b] beat men[/b[ and gain yards.

Lomax
    Gardner
    Shenton/Soliola
    Meli
    Makinson/Foster
    Wheeler/Gaskell
    Hohaia
    LMS
    Roby
    Laffranchi
    Wellens
    Puletua
    Wilkin

Flannery
    Flanagan
    Shenton/Soliola
    Clough/Dixon
    Sadly the last time Wellens beat anybody was in 2008. He is a capable full back with good support play but is getting past it in a side that is genuinely unbalanced and needing pace in the backs. We would show a serious lack of ambition by putting him in the pack where I'd instantly doubt his impact and ability to break the line which is what most forwards have in a top team. If the side were truly ruthless and motivated by success, they'd ship him on to Solly, Wakey etc.

Learning All The Songs

1 Wello/Lance (SEE WHO LOOKS BEST)
    2 Makinson
    3 Shenton
    4 Meli
    5 Foster
    6 Wheeler
    7 Lomax
    8 A fit and raring to go Perry (please)
    9 Roby
    10 Laffranchi
    11 Sia