Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121828 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 6

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Everything that I've heard suggests that this is true: no drums or musical instruments will be allowed at the New Stadium.
    Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Its going to lose a hell of a lot of atmosphere this. Trust Saints to do half a job.
    I think this is more in context...

In The South Stand

Cladding the North stand will give the stadium a more balanced look, I wonder how much our concerns have driven the changes.

Starting A Programme Collection

the size of the stadium and the gaps might not be that bad, draft wise as there is a huge hole in the roof over the pitch. Pressure on both sides should be the same so even in high winds it should just feel like a draft. The opposite is why your back door slams when you open the front door

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Can we open the roof in the east stand when Leeds and the bulls visit.
    Nobody said life would be easy

Starting A Programme Collection 100% Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Can we open the roof in the east stand when Leeds and the bulls visit.

No we'll just turn on the sprinklers

Got A Season Ticket

There seems to be a prevailing view that the presence or lack of cladding is a major determining factor as to the quality of the stadium. Having spent many a year at KR being poured on with rain, wind swept at times, all this playing in the winter months. I dont think the lack of a bit of cladding really matters, the club and more importantly the fans are getting a stadium, at last, truly befitting a great club and great fans. he fans of St Helens, for many years turned up week after week to watch, at times, mediocre players in a mediocre stadium. The quality of play has improved exponentially, the stadium is finally catching up. Hopefully this will be a boost to the team to go to new heights and return to the top of Superleague in the best stadium in Superleague.
    The fans getting frustrated by the rumours and counter rumours of what the final product will look like need to be communicated to and the final design outlined, in some detail, to confirm or deny the various rumours doing the rounds. Projects of this nature very often are quite dynamic and change as the project proceeds due to all sorts of reasons from financial to material to engineering developments and considering the state of the financial world right now if the board have had to "cut the cloth to suit" then have trust that it is done for the right reasons.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_down_under View Post
    There seems to be a prevailing view that the presence or lack of cladding is a major determining factor as to the quality of the stadium.
    You're right its not but when Saints themselves come up with nice shiny videos of what our new stadium will look like, and then change it, smacks of incompetence.

It doesn't matter how anyone trumps it up its going to look like a half finished stadium and the missing cladding is never going to happen. With the bridging loans and the club trying to recoup some of the previous years losses then the last thing they will want is any expense on something that they will class as 'unnecessary'

How much did all that red cladding cost? Me,personally, I think it looks awful. How much money could have been saved on that?

We've gone from KR (admittedly hemorrhaging money) to a half finished tornado alley but as long as Mr McManus is nice and cosy in his red cladded office then everything is ok?

I'm glad I waited before I bought my season ticket.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.
    Last edited by Phil Dunderpants; 20th August 2011 at 01:56.

Starting A Programme Collection Samba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    well only time will tell who is right !
    ......and now Saints have admitted that the terraces will be open

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Samba View Post
    ......and now Saints have admitted that the terraces will be open
    and every other club in Super League are ****ing their sides laughing at us.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Dunderpants View Post
    Not really, its in the plan to complete the cladding.

Things change, the value of the sale of the ground was down over £1.5 million, we're hardly flush with money and the stadium will be complete to use to full capacity.

There are plenty of stadia about that have open areas, the Olympic Stadium, Leicester ground, even Murrayfield has open rear areas.

I think it will look fantastic either way.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

So will you be going to support your club then?
    Nobody said life would be easy

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

You're right its not but when Saints themselves come up with nice shiny videos of what our new stadium will look like, and then change it, smacks of incompetence.

It doesn't matter how anyone trumps it up its going to look like a half finished stadium and the missing cladding is never going to happen. With the bridging loans and the club trying to recoup some of the previous years losses then the last thing they will want is any expense on something that they will class as 'unnecessary'

How much did all that red cladding cost? Me,personally, I think it looks awful. How much money could have been saved on that?

We've gone from KR (admittedly hemorrhaging money) to a half finished tornado alley but as long as Mr McManus is nice and cosy in his red cladded office then everything is ok?

I'm glad I waited before I bought my season ticket.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.
    Christ, it's not that bad.

I'm disappointed that it won't all be cladded and enclosed, but we still have a fantastic stadium. I think we should wait until it's finished and the all the scaffold etc has gone before we fully judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Christ, it's not that bad.

I'm disappointed that it won't all be cladded and enclosed, but we still have a fantastic stadium. I think we should wait until it's finished and the all the scaffold etc has gone before we fully judge.
    How anyone can complain about the stadium is beyond me.

Got A Season Ticket somerset-saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    How anyone can complain about the stadium is beyond me.
    beyond me too...... I was thinking this was all a bad joke at first....

Starting A Programme Collection 100% Saint's Avatar

Some people are hard to impress.

It will still be the best rugby stadium in the country cladded or uncladded.

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 100% Saint View Post
    Some people are hard to impress.
    No...some people are just muppets.
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

Quote Originally Posted by newport dave View Post
    No...some people are just muppets.

And probably half of them moaning don't even bother going to watch and prefer to sit in the chair watching sky

In The South Stand

When you have had people saying to you has i have you might have a good team but you have crap stadium and you could not argue, now we can argue we are going to have one if not the best rugby league stadiums in Britain, and still people moan and they are our own so called supporters, come on see the light we campaigned for it we did everthing poss ible to help a good board of directors to make the thing happen and still you moan. Get real there is a reccession on.

Got A Season Ticket The Captain's Avatar

Its not a massive issue for me, however I can understand its a little disappointing that it wont be finished as first planned when we take it over. I have taken quite a bit of pride in telling people we have shiny new enclosed stadium, ala Old Trafford, Emirates etc. Whatever the reasons for this, it has taken the cherry off the top and gave a little avenue for p!ss taking for other fans. In reality there should be no window for that and we should be the envy of all without reproach.

Why does the club never seem to be able to do anything perfectly?

That said I am still hugely looking forward to taking my spec in the West Stand and enjoying the future we have.

Banned

Stadium:MK is similarly clad down both sides and unclad (with the back of the concrete terracing openly visible) at either end, and it still looks fabulous inside and out so I see no reason why our ground won't be any different. Appalling overreactions as usual. Let's at the very least see what it looks like when it's actually finished and we're in it before assembling the lynch mobs, eh?

Got A Season Ticket The Captain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Northampton_Saint View Post
    Stadium:MK is similarly clad down both sides and unclad (with the back of the concrete terracing openly visible) at either end,
    http://www.e-architect.co.uk/images/...ok030108_2.jpg

It looks fine, like you say. Similarly with the pics of the Leicester Stadium on the other forum, also looks fine. Im sure it will still be fantastic and going past earlier it still looks great in the flesh in its current state.

I certainly haven't overreacted, just stating I am a little disappointed, as its not going to be as first proposed.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Northampton_Saint View Post
    Stadium:MK is similarly clad down both sides and unclad (with the back of the concrete terracing openly visible) at either end, and it still looks fabulous inside and out so I see no reason why our ground won't be any different. Appalling overreactions as usual. Let's at the very least see what it looks like when it's actually finished and we're in it before assembling the lynch mobs, eh?
    Here's some pics of that stadium btw so people can imagine what ours may look like:

Outside:

Inside but notice the big gaps at the top:

Aerial shot:

Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Good pics I will be happy with it looking like that.It's not what we expected 1 year ago but times are tough.We are lucky to be where we are now considering the financial climate.I cant wait to sit in my seat in the North Stand.