Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20303637383940
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1000

Thread: Stadium Watch 6

Got A Season Ticket Dom McCormack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

...he thinks he has the right to prattle on endlessly
    You, I and everyone else all 'have the right' surely??... as for "prattling on endlessly" I've hardly had loads to say on the matter in comparison to a lot of other people!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Writing a crap column in the program does not make him gods stepson
    I agree, it was crap. It was fifteen years ago and I actually cannot believe you've brought that up!!!!!!! WTF????!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Seriously, I feel so sorry for RedVee Admin who has to read every post on here
    Thanks. I border on sticking pins in my eyes at times.

What gets my goat in all of this, is the following:

1 - IT'S NOT FINISHED YET

2 - SAINTS HAVE RESPONDED TO THE QUERY

Yet we have a constant flow of people passing judgement and re-asking the same question.

READ THE BLOODY THREAD! Then ask.

WAIT TIL IT'S FINISHED! Then pass judgement.

And FLOODED? Seriously? As seen in the picture? A wet floor is described as FLOODED? What next? There's a puddle in the car park, call freaking NOAH???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    What gets my goat in all of this, is the following:

1 - IT'S NOT FINISHED YET

2 - SAINTS HAVE RESPONDED TO THE QUERY

Yet we have a constant flow of people passing judgement and re-asking the same question.

READ THE BLOODY THREAD! Then ask.

WAIT TIL IT'S FINISHED! Then pass judgement.

And FLOODED? Seriously? As seen in the picture? A wet floor is described as FLOODED? What next? There's a puddle in the car park, call freaking NOAH???
    1) Nearly and still no cladding regardless of the if,when and maybe. But they are now using more positive such as likely. Well yes, that certainly answers the question. I could say I'm likely to prance naked down Church Street but it doesn't mean it will happen.
    2) They also produced a shiny video about how the stadium will look which was a lie. Saints have responded with a single person quoting what you want to hear and you've all bought your season tickets on the back of it.

But I guess a BUSINESS wouldn't tell a few white lies to increase sales would they???

And yes it was flooded. The roof doesn't work so how should they fix it? Oh shit...yeah the non existent cladding.

I appreciate it gets your goat but if you can't see the wood for the trees then why bother. They're playing you for fools.
    Last edited by Phil Dunderpants; 27th September 2011 at 01:10.

Noooobie

Please God Please. Dont let me be sitting anywhere near Phil Dunderpants.

Starting A Programme Collection

Looks like they are lifting the staircase to link warrington old road with the stadium today. A crane has turned up also a wagon load of stair case.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Dunderpants View Post
    1) Nearly and still no cladding regardless of the if,when and maybe. But they are now using more positive such as likely. Well yes, that certainly answers the question. I could say I'm likely to prance naked down Church Street but it doesn't mean it will happen.
    2) They also produced a shiny video about how the stadium will look which was a lie. Saints have responded with a single person quoting what you want to hear and you've all bought your season tickets on the back of it.

But I guess a BUSINESS wouldn't tell a few white lies to increase sales would they???

And yes it was flooded. The roof doesn't work so how should they fix it? Oh shit...yeah the non existent cladding.

I appreciate it gets your goat but if you can't see the wood for the trees then why bother. They're playing you for fools.
    Good god, do be quiet you tedious, repetitive bore.

You have absolutely ZERO clue as to what is going on behind the scenes, how hard Saints are working to get the stadium completed despite shortfalls in funding, and what position the stadium will be in when the first game is played.

Have you ever considered that Saints are using the words "likely" etc because there are a lot of variables involved in whether funding will be available to complete, rather than some nefarious campaign of misinformation? Or that McManus would like the stadium clad 10000% more than you would, given how much work he's put into this project and what he has at stake?

If you think building us a fabulous new stadium in the midst of a global economic crisis, in which we can watch our habitually competitive team, whilst McManus has funded our huge losses, is "playing us for fools" then you are an utter moron.

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    This is the problem though!!! Saints Media Manager has already given a reply, both on here and the Saints website. Yet we're still going round and round and round and round in circles with the same bullsh!t from prats like Phil Shithispants who refuse to open their eyes and read the response, instead posting the same ignorant crap over and over purely to wind people up. Seriously, I feel so sorry for RedVee Admin who has to read every post on here - at least the rest of us are able to skip the threads or switch to the RLFans stadium thread.

It's like frigging groundhog day. Give it a rest about the bloody cladding! Arggggghhhhhhh!!!
    These forums need a 'Like' button!!!

He's like his underpants full of sh**.

Got A Season Ticket

As it's MOS and awards time, surely Phil is a shoo in if we had our very own red vee net "Goose of the Year" award.

Got A Season Ticket

Wink

Whats this about cladding?

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Good god, do be quiet you tedious, repetitive bore.

You have absolutely ZERO clue as to what is going on behind the scenes, how hard Saints are working to get the stadium completed despite shortfalls in funding, and what position the stadium will be in when the first game is played.

Have you ever considered that Saints are using the words "likely" etc because there are a lot of variables involved in whether funding will be available to complete, rather than some nefarious campaign of misinformation? Or that McManus would like the stadium clad 10000% more than you would, given how much work he's put into this project and what he has at stake?

If you think building us a fabulous new stadium in the midst of a global economic crisis, in which we can watch our habitually competitive team, whilst McManus has funded our huge losses, is "playing us for fools" then you are an utter moron.

Post of the Year.............
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

Saints have responded with a single person quoting what you want to hear and you've all bought your season tickets on the back of it.

And yes it was flooded.
    Silly me, I always thought that every organisation or business had ONE person to correspond with the public. Some may call them press officers, some may call them PR executive but we lovingly call him Saints Media Manager.

Define flooded, you were obviously inside the stadium to witness it first hand. Was it just wet? Or was there half a centimetre of water following heavy rain? Because not one of the pictures posted suggests any more and I've yet to see a building site during rain, that doesn't have puddles.

But I agree that you know more about wood than me, or more accurately - planks.

Got A Season Ticket Whatwasthat?'s Avatar
    Sutton or somewhere between Manchester and London

Quote Originally Posted by Village Saint View Post
    These forums need a 'Like' button!!!
    Too right, plus some forums have a friend/foe system where you can routinely block out people. Be good if this one did, Rogues would have been first, after seeing some of the whining on here though I'm not sure now.

Banned

Now now children...play nicely!!

Learning All The Songs

You have absolutely ZERO clue as to what is going on behind the scenes, ....
    Isn't that the real problem though - unclear communication.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

It was this thread, or the way it started, that drew me to this forum when the BBC 606 thing closed.

Living where I do, it's been fantastic to be able to watch and follow the development of our new ground right through from demolition of the glass works to what we have now...

And what we have now is AMAZING, given the current economic climate and a club, and a sport, not exactly flush with cash! I know plenty of people who didn't think this would ever happen.

This isn't aimed at any particular individual, but can you all please focus on the massive positives here and accept that things are never perfect on big projects like this.

Now can we have some nice pictures of diggers please?

Got A Season Ticket

Nearly and still no cladding regardless of the if,when and maybe.
    Hmm...... So because there's no cladding no - that means there will never be any cladding?

Well I noticed there are no Rugby Posts in the Stadium yet - does that mean that no Rugby will be played at the new stadium???

Sod cladding I'm no more worried about what sport Saints are going to play when the move into the new stadium, Ultimate Frisbee, Leap-frog, Rounders???? Where are the Rugby Posts Saints???????

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BenG View Post
    ...I'm no more worried about what sport Saints are going to play when the move into the new stadium, Ultimate Frisbee, Leap-frog, Rounders???? Where are the Rugby Posts Saints???????
    We won't need posts. The RLF/SKY will have changed the rules by then. We'll all have to phone in and vote for 'goal' or 'no goal'.

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    I think the Saints Media Manager is very clear - there's enough people here who have seen his posts on the Saints website, Twitter and Facebook.
    AND, unlike literally every other big business -
    AND unlike all his predecessors -
    He's regularly posted out of hours -
    AND he's regularly posted openly on a website that, according to his job description, has absolutely nowt to do with him and is not within his responsibilities: i.e RedVee.Net

Besides which, the other recent big builds round here - St Helens Hospital and Whiston Hospital - I never heard a thing until the builds were done. So the fact that Saints aren't going OTT on telling everyone what's happening doesn't seen at all unusual to me. I'd be more concerned if the build were finished and they were being coy or tight lipped.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Look at the issues wakefield and castleford are having, and everton in football over new stadia, I think that shows how well the club have done, I'm a little disappointed about the cladding, but when I think back to last year, it really is a.million times better

In The South Stand

Hear Hear.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    It's been made perfectly clear - the North and West stands are likely to be clad in time for the start of the season.

What more do you want, bank statements and minutes of board meetings?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

It's been made perfectly clear - the North and West stands are likely to be clad in time for the start of the season.

What more do you want, bank statements and minutes of board meetings?
    No, please not that!

Saints Media Manager to pop round with a few beers and a takeaway to have a good chat?