Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456781424 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 6

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
    Just saying what i heard. Good source
    well i have heard also from a very good source that the keys will be handed over in Oct and i seem to recall someone on this very thread saying he had heard the chairman of Barrs on the radio saying that the stadium will be handed over on time
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    well i have heard also from a very good source that the keys will be handed over in Oct and i seem to recall someone on this very thread saying he had heard the chairman of Barrs on the radio saying that the stadium will be handed over on time
    They dont like to admit too early as time can be clawed back easilly. I heard the sparks were having trouble and that they have been told the handover is 70 odd days away but that they wont be finished. Also i have heard from someone high up on the site that says the same. There have been a few other people on here who are working on site who have said the same.

Learning All The Songs

We need to send in the big boys

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

I heard the same, in fact I was told the offices and club shop will be operational by then

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    As long as its ready for the 2012 kick off does it really matter ?
    WALLOP. The bottom line.

Got A Season Ticket

Starting A Programme Collection Samba's Avatar

Have we rewound to 2009?
    seems to me we were getting the same kind of negativity and rumour before the demolition started I am pretty sure before all this started the club stated the finances are in place, to produce this stadium, for people to suggest the club are living hand to mouth on a building project such as this is ridiulous " the walls will be left open because they have run out of money" , even at such a stage as this where people can see the stadium going up, they still seem to doubt it will happen? i despair sometimes, i really do, with any building project shedules slip the weather, delays in materials all can happen, have faith its happening !! honest!!
    I agree with a lot what you say, but surely it is in our interests to know if the stadium is to be fully enclosed or 3/4 to be left 'open' partially to the elements. We were initially told it would be enclosed, the initial computer-generated picture of the stadium interior shows it as fully enclosed. Many people on here seem to have spoken to construction workers etc directly involved with the build and are relaying info re completion dates etc to us, but I find it strange that no-one has either asked or been told if the stadium will be enclosed.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Samba View Post
    I agree with a lot what you say, but surely it is in our interests to know if the stadium is to be fully enclosed or 3/4 to be left 'open' partially to the elements. We were initially told it would be enclosed, the initial computer-generated picture of the stadium interior shows it as fully enclosed. Many people on here seem to have spoken to construction workers etc directly involved with the build and are relaying info re completion dates etc to us, but I find it strange that no-one has either asked or been told if the stadium will be enclosed.
    It is a worry.

What evidence have you to suggest that it won't be enclosed?

n.b. the 2012 season ticket brochure has new stadium FAQs and stats, including the exact capacities of each stand.

And... The big screen is in the NE corner.

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/sites/defa...20Ticket_5.pdf

Starting A Programme Collection Samba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    I don't have any evidence - if I did, I wouldn't need to make this post. However, many mentions of the possibility of three sides being left semi-open are made in discussions in 'Stadium Watch 5'

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

can you honestly see them leaving breeze block walls exposed to the elements? , or that they woluld seriously consider leaving the crowd with less shelter than at KR, ? get a grip fellas, it will be enclosed, if you look at the pictures of the back of the north stand the liftshaft and stairs have supports already for the cladding, it wont need much support for a single skin cladding to be attached. the Saints media manager said it would be enclosed, Mr McManus said we are going for a quality build, leaving three sides open is real quality isnt it!?
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    n.b. the 2012 season ticket brochure has new stadium FAQs and stats, including the exact capacities of each stand.

And... The big screen is in the NE corner.

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/sites/defa...20Ticket_5.pdf
    Does the ground revolve? Looks like the north stand is going to be repositioned to run along Peasley Cross Lane for the start of next season

Learning All The Songs

The points he and I are trying to make is that you can't cancel something that hasn't been confirmed.

I'm looking at buying another £1 million house in Florida, but just because i'm looking into it doesn't mean it's on and you should be buying your air ticket to come visit.
    ANd the point I'm making is quite simple too so I'll spell it out...

Does this mean that the game the club were trying to get organised for boxing day (probably with Widnes) is now out of contention because the internal fit out will not be complete?

I don't expect an 'official' answer. I did think that someone with inside info might drop a broad easy to grasp hint that either - they're still hoping to get something together or it probably it wont now be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by E Saint View Post
    Does the ground revolve? Looks like the north stand is going to be repositioned to run along Peasley Cross Lane for the start of next season
    That had me worried too

Starting A Programme Collection 100% Saint's Avatar

New pictures on the Saints site: http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/1162

Quote Originally Posted by 100% Saint View Post
    New pictures on the Saints site: http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/1162
    The pitch looks amazing

Learning All The Songs Chris Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    The pitch looks amazing
    Wouldn't mind some of that seed for my lawn that is for sure!!!

I don't have any evidence - if I did, I wouldn't need to make this post. However, many mentions of the possibility of three sides being left semi-open are made in discussions in 'Stadium Watch 5'
    Taken from Saints website - Comments on Season Ticket stuff...

Enclosed
    At 11:55 on Tuesday 16th Aug 2011, Colin wrote:
    Can you tell me if the north, east, west stands and the NE and NW corners will be fully cladded/enclosed behind the stands as is the south stand?

Saints Webmaster - Planning permission has been granted for the North Stand to be fully cladded (with a small gap at the top) - it has had to be reconfigured due to wind resistance etc. I will find out about the other stands.

I wonder how "small" the gap is at the top of the North stand? It looks like the standing population might be a bit more open to the elements!

Learning All The Songs

Previous post has updated my comments below - obviously been some developments re original plans

Have posted this previously, but the latest viewable plans of the elevation views of the East & West & North & South clearly show that the current build is pretty much identical to those plans i.e. its open. Whether this is the most accurate and the longer term position remains to be seen.

Breeze block is due to be cladded; cladding around north stand stairwell & lift was always on the plans (designated as red flat metal panel - it does shows this to the left of the stairwell (x1) but think this is a typo and should refer to the edging around the entrance/exit gate).
    Last edited by Windle Lad; 16th August 2011 at 13:43.

Quote Originally Posted by E Saint View Post
    No, they're re-routing Peasley Cross Lane...

Quote Originally Posted by Windle Lad View Post
    Previous post has updated my comments below - obviously been some developments re original plans

Have posted this previously, but the latest viewable plans of the elevation views of the East & West & North & South clearly show that the current build is pretty much identical to those plans i.e. its open. Whether this is the most accurate and the longer term position remains to be seen.

Breeze block is due to be cladded; cladding around north stand stairwell & lift was always on the plans (designated as red flat metal panel - it does shows this to the left of the stairwell (x1) but think this is a typo and should refer to the edging around the entrance/exit gate).
    Almost every modern stadium has a gap of some kind between the roof and the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    ANd the point I'm making is quite simple too so I'll spell it out...

Does this mean that the game the club were trying to get organised for boxing day (probably with Widnes) is now out of contention because the internal fit out will not be complete?

I don't expect an 'official' answer. I did think that someone with inside info might drop a broad easy to grasp hint that either - they're still hoping to get something together or it probably it wont now be possible.
    Shame we don't have someone with inside info.

My outside info tells me that Saints know they have to run H&S games but none have been planned, or will be planned, until the stadium build is complete and the keys handed over.

Hence the Boxing Day game never being on the cards - it was never more than rumour, speculation and "it'd be nice if we could but we won't know if we can do it until the build is complete".

But hey, feel free to take rumours as gospel and then rip my head off - I'm guessing that high horse you're on is bucking?

Got A Season Ticket

I have been reading the stadium watch, and seen all the roumers so i decided to ask St helens fb page, they responded very quickly. :-Official St.Helens RLFC "It is on schedule. Don't listen to the rumours. We will get handover at the end of October and then we will continue with the fit out."

I though what does fit out mean? so i asked if the outer cladding will be finished and the fans seats in place, to which they responded with
    "The cladding is expected to go up the North Stand, but I'm not sure about the West and East just yet - will get back to you. The seats will be in when we take 'delivery' of the stadium".

nlwsaint
    Non Members

Almost every modern stadium has a gap of some kind between the roof and the stands.
    That was the answer given when Saints staff were asked. There has to be a gap but it won't be the current 2-3 mtrs & planning permission is being sought to close part of the gap. They responded by giving the Emirates & the Stretford End at OT as examples of this. However, the South Stand has been constructed with a slightly different corkscrew design in the corners to counteract the effects of wind blowing in.