Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 6

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I, and many others, bought their seat/standing up spec and committed £1,000 of ****ing dole money for a place where I was specifically told I would have a nice indoor concourse, a decent internal bar and all the mod-cons that go with it. I declined a South Stand seat because the North Stand was going to be almost as good, or so I was promised. I now find that all I have is a seat above an empty shell interspersed with a load of steel columns, with a yard rather than a concourse, protected from the elements only by a small third-height wall of breeze blocks.
    So had Saints said at the start that you would have "a seat above an empty shell interspersed with a load of steel columns, with a yard rather than a concourse, protected from the elements only by a small third-height wall of breeze blocks" and that you would not have "a nice indoor concourse, a decent internal bar and all the mod-cons that go with it", you would have told them to stuff it and you would have gone elsewhere?

Would you?

No, you'd have said "OK, Chief" and spent £1,000 of ****ing dole money regardless because you know very well that you were more than willing to spend £1,000 of ****ing dole money to watch the team on the pitch and if you really wanted "a nice indoor concourse, a decent internal bar and all the mod-cons that go with it" so much, you'd have just gone to the Oak Tree.

Got A Season Ticket Dom McCormack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    So had Saints said at the start that you would have "a seat above an empty shell interspersed with a load of steel columns, with a yard rather than a concourse, protected from the elements only by a small third-height wall of breeze blocks" and that you would not have "a nice indoor concourse, a decent internal bar and all the mod-cons that go with it", you would have told them to stuff it and you would have gone elsewhere?

Would you?

No, you'd have said "OK, Chief" and spent £1,000 of ****ing dole money regardless because you know very well that you were more than willing to spend £1,000 of ****ing dole money to watch the team on the pitch and if you really wanted "a nice indoor concourse, a decent internal bar and all the mod-cons that go with it" so much, you'd have just gone to the Oak Tree.
    No, as he clearly stated, he'd have gone in the South Stand.

The upshot of this whole saga is one simple thing that I think you're missing the point on, that, yet again, the club are totally devoid of the ability to build a consistent and successful relationship with its supporters.

In The South Stand

I have read this and seen those pictures and i understand everyones points about the stadium and whist not wishing to annoy anyone i think that the club and everone concerned have done a fine job in the economic climate we are in. The only comment i would make is that if i where the insurer being asked to insure that stadium i would be saying i want that short wall building up higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom McCormack View Post
    The upshot of this whole saga is one simple thing that I think you're missing the point on, that, yet again, the club are totally devoid of the ability to build a consistent and successful relationship with its supporters.
    I get that, Dom.

What I don't get is the prejudice being displayed. DD and others have made up their minds before the build is complete and without setting foot on the new stadium site, let alone actually entering the building and viewing it properly.

If DD and others wish to return next February and tell me what an arse I am because their suspicions were confirmed, I'll hold my hands up but in the meantime, the speculation and assumption going on is just raising negativity to an all time high (or low) and quite frankly, as a Saints fan trying to be excited about having a good run in the play offs, the new talent that has come through the ranks and moving into the new stadium next year, the moaners are ****ing me off no end with their negativity.

And no, I'm not in a position to just not read the comments - I have to read the comments, unfortunately.

Got A Replica Shirt

No, as he clearly stated, he'd have gone in the South Stand.

On the point of relationships with supporters - I downloaded all the info on 'Buying a Brick' (including prices) 2 weeks ago so that I could discuss with the rest of the family wether we should purchase a white V brick in memory of our late father who had been a supporter for over 60 years. The price quite clearly said £50 and yet when I have gone on the website today to place our order I've found that it has now gone up to £60 yet none of the other prices have increased!
    I have emailed them to ask for an explanation (still waiting for a reply)but just wondered if anyone else had noticed this or knew the reason why?

Yes, I've just looked and the prices have been altered compared to when I looked last week. But please keep the discussion within the appropriate thread http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthr...ll-Of-Legend-s

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    i would be saying i want that short wall building up higher.
    Thats a 12ft wall and im sure its already been thought of

Got A Season Ticket Dom McCormack's Avatar

I get that, Dom.

What I don't get is the prejudice being displayed. DD and others have made up their minds before the build is complete and without setting foot on the new stadium site, let alone actually entering the building and viewing it properly.

If DD and others wish to return next February and tell me what an arse I am because their suspicions were confirmed, I'll hold my hands up but in the meantime, the speculation and assumption going on is just raising negativity to an all time high (or low) and quite frankly, as a Saints fan trying to be excited about having a good run in the play offs, the new talent that has come through the ranks and moving into the new stadium next year, the moaners are ****ing me off no end with their negativity.

And no, I'm not in a position to just not read the comments - I have to read the comments, unfortunately.
    Totally understand.
    Thing is, most people will appreciate all the good work done, they appreciate the facilities on offer, but frankly 99% of paying spectators won't ever see the marble floors of the South Stand, what they want to get excited about is how the stadium will affect them, their seat, the bars, the toilets and recreating the atmosphere that Knowsley Road could generate. Some of these issues that will immediately affect them APPEAR to be in jeopardy.

All it needs is Saints to tell us whether a totally enclosed, visually complete stadium is still part of the plans, or if what we're seeing now is what we're getting... and then we can all get used to the idea.

Got A Season Ticket

All it needs is Saints to tell us whether a totally enclosed, visually complete stadium is still part of the plans, or if what we're seeing now is what we're getting... and then we can all get used to the idea.
    Well they have, in a way, through a comment from saints media manager on the website stating that it may not be ready for the start of the season but it will be completed later on. Thought everyone knew this? Quite frankly i'm fed up with everyone going on and on about it. just wait till it's start of the season and then comment to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by OsborneSaint View Post
    Well they have, in a way, through a comment from saints media manager on the website stating that it may not be ready for the start of the season but it will be completed later on. Thought everyone knew this? Quite frankly i'm fed up with everyone going on and on about it. just wait till it's start of the season and then comment to the club.
    Sing Hallelujah!

And I thought it was just me who had read that comment.

Sing Hallelujah!

I read it but have given up.

Got A Season Ticket

Sing Hallelujah!

ha ha Amen brother!

Starting A Programme Collection

@doghead any news from the stadium site regarding updates. Im on holliday this week and cant see the pics or webcam. Cheers

The club have also spent 1 million on a new training facility which is probably one of the best if not the best in the league! To get this and a new stadium within the same year is quite remarkable!

Learning All The Songs

Claddingate 2011. Where were you?!

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    Claddingate 2011. Where were you?!

Sat In the wind and rain

Noooobie

this is my first post on the forum but i have been watching this thread and a few others for quite a while.

Some of the people moaning are starting to really do my head in like others such as redvee admin. So I thought I would have a go at trying to shut those who have no idea what they are on about up.

I have been told from someone within the clubs management (not saying who for obvious reasons but he is high up in the management and is a good family friend) that what you see now as the stadium with the brick walls would be how the stadium would be finished as per the ORIGINAL plans (apart from the fact the brick wall would have been metal cladding). There has been many planning changes as the build has progressed as you would expect with a project as big and as complicated as this but the biggest change has to be the cladding. Clearly the club has decided (like most of the fans - many saying so on here) that the unclad stands are not what they wanted, so have put in a planning application to fully clad the ground, and to my knowledge, this has been recently passed. The stadium keys are still going to be handed over to the club in October, but the ground will be far from finished. the fitting out of the stadium, including fitting out the shops, offices, restaurants, kitchens, toilets, changing rooms, bars under the stands etc. etc. still has to be done. This will be done by external contractors. At this same time the rest of the cladding will be completed by another external contractor (basically not Barr). Now saints are hoping that this will be finished by the time the first match needs to be played, but there is a chance it might not be, hence the comment from the saints media manager. But it should be done by say march after the first few games. As for hearing nothing official off saints, well if all goes to plan there should be nothing to say, come the first match you will all have your fully clad stadium that you wanted, however come January if its still not complete or looking to be complete on time then i suspect you will hear something from them. why say now that it might not be finished on time, worry everyone and make us a laughing stock to the rest of the league when it might be done on time?
    most importantly IT IS NOT TO DO WITH US RUNNING OUT OF MONEY! (I was told this by my contact in the club).

I hope this shuts up some of the moaners on here! let me just ask you this, would you rather play another whole season at Widnes just because the ground might not be fully clad for the first few matches and you might get a bit wet? I know I wouldn't!

Quote Originally Posted by luapsaints View Post
    this is my first post on the forum but i have been watching this thread and a few others for quite a while.

Some of the people moaning are starting to really do my head in like others such as redvee admin. So I thought I would have a go at trying to shut those who have no idea what they are on about up.

I have been told from someone within the clubs management (not saying who for obvious reasons but he is high up in the management and is a good family friend) that what you see now as the stadium with the brick walls would be how the stadium would be finished as per the ORIGINAL plans (apart from the fact the brick wall would have been metal cladding). There has been many planning changes as the build has progressed as you would expect with a project as big and as complicated as this but the biggest change has to be the cladding. Clearly the club has decided (like most of the fans - many saying so on here) that the unclad stands are not what they wanted, so have put in a planning application to fully clad the ground, and to my knowledge, this has been recently passed. The stadium keys are still going to be handed over to the club in October, but the ground will be far from finished. the fitting out of the stadium, including fitting out the shops, offices, restaurants, kitchens, toilets, changing rooms, bars under the stands etc. etc. still has to be done. This will be done by external contractors. At this same time the rest of the cladding will be completed by another external contractor (basically not Barr). Now saints are hoping that this will be finished by the time the first match needs to be played, but there is a chance it might not be, hence the comment from the saints media manager. But it should be done by say march after the first few games. As for hearing nothing official off saints, well if all goes to plan there should be nothing to say, come the first match you will all have your fully clad stadium that you wanted, however come January if its still not complete or looking to be complete on time then i suspect you will hear something from them. why say now that it might not be finished on time, worry everyone and make us a laughing stock to the rest of the league when it might be done on time?
    most importantly IT IS NOT TO DO WITH US RUNNING OUT OF MONEY! (I was told this by my contact in the club).

I hope this shuts up some of the moaners on here! let me just ask you this, would you rather play another whole season at Widnes just because the ground might not be fully clad for the first few matches and you might get a bit wet? I know I wouldn't!
    Thanks for the information.

The Saints media manager has also confirmed on a few occasions something along these lines but people just don't seem to listen!

It really gets on my tits sometimes the extent of the negativity shown by some supporters over things that aren't even true sometimes!

I get that, Dom.

Come on baby, calm down. Would you like a massage, I can get the wife to pop over with her essential massage oils and nail you. Be calm, be good, and more importantly, be YOU !

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    It really gets on my tits sometimes the extent of the negativity shown by some supporters over things that aren't even true sometimes!
    I agree. It's time for some positivity. Some people just like moaning. You buy them a gold watch and they want diamonds. You buy them diamonds and they want sapphires. You won't ever win.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

I get that, Dom.

I have set foot on the stadium site. I was there two days ago - and removed.

Dom is right. it's the lack of communication that really grates, and you telling me that it's not finished is fine. I know it's not finished. It's what we know that isn't going to be finished that is the issue, and we pretty much know for a fact what isn't, despite the fact that no official announcement has been made. Sadly we have to obtain this information through other sources, which shouldn't be the case.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by luapsaints View Post

But an official source has said in a very unofficial, non-club statement kind of way, that the West and East won't be done for this season and maybe not at all, so this is contradictory from your friend's, friend's cousin's wife.

Again, the buzz word is 'communication'. We are getting different info from different sources so why doesn't someone come out and set the record straight? If there's valid reasons for this and valid reasons for that, then that's absolutely fine but why are we left to speculate for ourselves.

Architects have plans for what it's going to look like as things stand today. Why can't we see them?

The ORIGINAL plans were not necessarly the ones we saw. They were not the ones that sold the stadium to the public. The plans I certainly looked at at did not have exposed stands. Those plans you talk about were probably superseded a long, long time ago, before the public were involved, so that bears no relevance when comparing what we are getting to what we were told we are getting.

AGAIN, I KNOW THERE WILL BE LEGITIMATE REASONS BUT CAN AN OFFICIAL SOURCE JUST TELL US WHAT IS BEING CUT OUT, WHY IT'S BEEN CUT OUT THEN WE'LL SHUT UP AND LET YOU GET ON WITH IT.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

AGAIN, I KNOW THERE WILL BE LEGITIMATE REASONS BUT CAN AN OFFICIAL SOURCE JUST TELL US WHAT IS BEING CUT OUT, WHY IT'S BEEN CUT OUT THEN WE'LL SHUT UP AND LET YOU GET ON WITH IT.
    Sounds fair enough,not an unreasonable demand I wouldnt think.

Noooobie

But an official source has said in a very unofficial, non-club statement kind of way, that the West and East won't be done for this season and maybe not at all, so this is contradictory from your friend's, friend's cousin's wife.

Again, the buzz word is 'communication'. We are getting different info from different sources so why doesn't someone come out and set the record straight? If there's valid reasons for this and valid reasons for that, then that's absolutely fine but why are we left to speculate for ourselves.

Architects have plans for what it's going to look like as things stand today. Why can't we see them?

The ORIGINAL plans were not necessarly the ones we saw. They were not the ones that sold the stadium to the public. The plans I certainly looked at at did not have exposed stands. Those plans you talk about were probably superseded a long, long time ago, before the public were involved, so that bears no relevance when comparing what we are getting to what we were told we are getting.

My guess is that the media manager is giving worst case scenario with it not getting clad this season, and not at all was if the plans to clad it was not passed by the council planning department, which I believe they have now been passed. My contact was very confident about it, - no maybes or im not sure, straight answers.

I am studying architecture at Uni at the minute, and plans change all the time, its not that simple to keep everyone up to date with the latest plans. Also they are hard to read, it took people, including myself, a long time to realise that in the original plans it wasnt to be completely cladded.

The thing I still dont understand myself is why the original CGI walkthrough and images produced showed the stands fully clad, not matching with the plans, that could only have been the architects cock up.

I have seen so many different sets of plans now iv lost count, and I have looked at most of them, as it's what im doing at Uni, so im interested.

I understand that you want to be told, but there are still a lot of unkowns at the moment, just give it time and all will be revealed. in the words of take that "have a little patience!"

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
    @doghead any news from the stadium site regarding updates. Im on holliday this week and cant see the pics or webcam. Cheers
    just more of the same SP, wagon got unloaded this morning full of air vents the one's you see in the ceilings, controls etc, just to confuse things, the posh concrete that has just been layed outside the main stand has been power washed showing all the small white pebbles again, it wont be tarmacked, the concrete is flush with the top of the grids, exellent finish for wagons to drive on, hardcore has been layed between the posh concrete road and the main stand, it will be interesting to see what finish they go for here.
    The PX end of the stadium has about 20 men working there this last two days, they have been cleaning up which is a good sign, and are getting ready to start the building the steps down from the retaining wall to street level, been trying to catch someone on the grassed area in front of the main stand to ask what going on with the tree felling, looks like a bit of landscaping going on thats all.

hope that keeps you going for awhile SP.