Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 6

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

I totally understand what you mean. I was confused as well.

The caption is "View from the South East Corner of the North Stand"

It should read (for clarity), View of the North Stand, from the South East Corner of the Stadium.

SO, yes, the Stand with the "S A I N T S V" seating, is the North Stand.
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

Thats exactly what I mean! Its not just me then. I have just asked the question on the official site but thought I would ask on here.

To further complicate it, in the picture of the South stand boxes, you can see the red seats lower down, which looks like that its the South stand with the red seats and not the North??!!!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Is the stand with the red seats spelling SAINTS and the V, the North or South stand?
    Its the North Stand.

Just read through the captions below the pictures but I cannot see the reason for any confusion. Unless you are inferring that you believe the North Stand has a South East Corner. The caption for the top picture should probably read "View of the North Stand from the South East Corner."

Quote Originally Posted by h-bomb View Post
    Its the North Stand.

Just read through the captions below the pictures but I cannot see the reason for any confusion. Unless you are inferring that you believe the North Stand has a South East Corner. The caption for the top picture should probably read "View of the North Stand from the South East Corner."
    Yes I agree there, but as per my post above, the pic of the South stand boxes shows red seats below? The only stand with red seats in according to you is the North Stand.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    in the picture of the South stand boxes, you can see the red seats lower down
    Those are the seats in the South-East Corner where the second picture was taken from.

Quote Originally Posted by h-bomb View Post
    Those are the seats in the South-East Corner where the second picture was taken from.
    Yip fair doo's, they appear to be the Family Stand. Its just in that last pic, on the left of the pic there is more red seats which was where my confusion stemmed from.

Cheers.

Anybody else think that the picture from above the 'N' in the North Stand makes the pitch look square!?!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Sorry to bring this up, but if thats how the gap in the cladding will look then I think its looks fantastic!!

So for all those moaning about it (from someone sat nowhere near the back of the stand) lump it!!

Also the South Stand looks bloody marvelous!

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Very Classy , getting excited now,, and even though its unfinished how posh does that box look?
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by hazzo21 View Post
    Anybody else think that the picture from above the 'N' in the North Stand makes the pitch look square!?!
    It's the lens/angle they've used to fit it all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    It's the lens/angle they've used to fit it all in.
    I hope so, otherwise they might need to start again!! haha

Noooobie

Anyone tried to swap seats this week? Went in this afternoon to try to move from North Stand NG to be nearer to home fans - 4 of us sat together - but only South Stand Block S1 available unless we were happy with lower down 1st few rows near pitchside....
    It's Only Rugby League That Rocks!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Sorry to bring this up, but if thats how the gap in the cladding will look then I think its looks fantastic!!

So for all those moaning about it (from someone sat nowhere near the back of the stand) lump it!!

So should we take it that 'lump it' means "Yes you will get wet and cold near the back as it will be blowing a gale but I'm alright Jack!"

Me personally, and this won't go down well, I think the roof looks stupid with the big gap.

Look at this view:

It looks like an after thought...like a big car spoiler. The roof was designed for a near fully enclosed stadium and it just completely loses its effect by having it like this.
    The new ground wouldn't have looked a lot different by having 3 sheds and a main stand. How much money was wasted on this concept design roof for it to be let down by poor planning?

Thats my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Dunderpants View Post
    How much money was wasted on this concept design roof for it to be let down by poor planning?
    It was all planned from the start. We're going for something like this:

Got A Season Ticket WidnesSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

Its the cladding on the outside that i think alot of people are bothered about, making the satdium look unfinished ! Well thats the only reason why im bothered about the cladding anyway

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    It was all planned from the start. We're going for something like this:

Like it. Its better than our 'new' stadium.

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

So should we take it that 'lump it' means "Yes you will get wet and cold near the back as it will be blowing a gale but I'm alright Jack!"

Me personally, and this won't go down well, I think the roof looks stupid with the big gap.

Look at this view:

It looks like an after thought...like a big car spoiler. The roof was designed for a near fully enclosed stadium and it just completely loses its effect by having it like this.
    The new ground wouldn't have looked a lot different by having 3 sheds and a main stand. How much money was wasted on this concept design roof for it to be let down by poor planning?

Thats my opinion anyway.

Laughable.

Yep. An opinion formulated and cast upon the viewing of a photograph with a distorted field of vision due to it being taken with a wide angle lens.

Look at this view:

Thats my opinion anyway.
    You do some moaning on the quiet.

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Yep. An opinion formulated and cast upon the viewing of a photograph with a distorted field of vision due to it being taken with a wide angle lens.

I wonder how many of these people have actually been down to the stadium and seen it for themselves rather than just seeing it off photographs ????
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

In The South Stand

Went to the stadium Sunday afternoon, there was about half a dozen people stood at the PX end, to a man they all said the stadium looked unfinished with the low outside wall and the gap above the terracing.
    Looks very much like expectations have not been met with a lot of St Helens folk, still its a great stadium and a massive improvement on the old lady.

Got A Season Ticket Dom McCormack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saints-Crusaders View Post
    I wonder how many of these people have actually been down to the stadium and seen it for themselves rather than just seeing it off photographs ????
    I've been down and in my opinion, if the completed look of the terraced ends are to look like that from the outside then it looks unfinished. There's no escaping the fact that this 'cladding' is an issue and regardless of how much people go on about the moaning, people have a right to be disappointed. To coin a well worn phrase.... "typical saints".

Quote Originally Posted by Dom McCormack View Post
    I've been down and in my opinion, if the completed look of the terraced ends are to look like that from the outside then it looks unfinished. There's no escaping the fact that this 'cladding' is an issue and regardless of how much people go on about the moaning, people have a right to be disappointed. To coin a well worn phrase.... "typical saints".

Well may I suggest people actually wait until the stadium is handed over next month before commenting on how disappointed they are in the way it looks. There is still more work to be done in the meantime, so no one truly knows how good or bad it looks until that point
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom McCormack View Post
    Don't expect Harrods when you only have corner shop money.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Went to the stadium Sunday afternoon, there was about half a dozen people stood at the PX end, to a man they all said the stadium looked unfinished with the low outside wall and the gap above the terracing.
    Looks very much like expectations have not been met with a lot of St Helens folk, still its a great stadium and a massive improvement on the old lady.

So everyone is assuming that's all the work completed on the outer shell of the stadium ????