Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891525 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 6

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Shame we don't have someone with inside info.

My outside info tells me that Saints know they have to run H&S games but none have been planned, or will be planned, until the stadium build is complete and the keys handed over.

Hence the Boxing Day game never being on the cards - it was never more than rumour, speculation and "it'd be nice if we could but we won't know if we can do it until the build is complete".

But hey, feel free to take rumours as gospel and then rip my head off - I'm guessing that high horse you're on is bucking?
    Bridge guys were told come what may it had be complete for boxing day. It had stood for 7 week or so whilst ground issues were sorted. If it happens great if not so be it I'd sooner it be opened when it's complete.
    Nobody said life would be easy

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    Almost every modern stadium has a gap of some kind between the roof and the stands.
    Indeed, but I think the concern was about the relative size of the gap as on the plans. Clealry this has been changed (for whatever reason) for the North Stand as additional planning permission has been sort. Remains to be seen if similar applies to the other 2 stands. Though have to say I have got used to looking at it now and its nice to see a bit of the architecture.

Would be great to have a similar see-through look like the Emirates to let the natural light in!

Starting A Programme Collection Samba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by volls_dad View Post
    Taken from Saints website - Comments on Season Ticket stuff...

Enclosed
    At 11:55 on Tuesday 16th Aug 2011, Colin wrote:
    Can you tell me if the north, east, west stands and the NE and NW corners will be fully cladded/enclosed behind the stands as is the south stand?

Saints Webmaster - Planning permission has been granted for the North Stand to be fully cladded (with a small gap at the top) - it has had to be reconfigured due to wind resistance etc. I will find out about the other stands.

I wonder how "small" the gap is at the top of the North stand? It looks like the standing population might be a bit more open to the elements!

I'm taking full credit for this as I'm 'Colin' who asked the question! I thought the only way to get a true answer was to go to the horses mouth itself. Hope we get the answer re terraced stands also soon.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Saint View Post
    Wouldn't mind some of that seed for my lawn that is for sure!!!
    I was half listening to Eddie wittering on during the match against Hudds. Apparently the new pitch (Intelligent Grass?) to be laid at Widnes will be the same kind at Saints new ground. Something like this maybe?

http://www.dessosports.com/en/desso-grassmaster/

Was anyone listening intently to Stevo and Eddie or is that a stupid question!

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ma barker View Post
    I was half listening to Eddie wittering on during the match against Hudds. Apparently the new pitch (Intelligent Grass?) to be laid at Widnes will be the same kind at Saints new ground. Something like this maybe?

http://www.dessosports.com/en/desso-grassmaster/

Was anyone listening intently to Stevo and Eddie or is that a stupid question!
    The 3G pitch Saints have installed Is at their new training ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    can you honestly see them leaving breeze block walls exposed to the elements? , or that they woluld seriously consider leaving the crowd with less shelter than at KR, ? get a grip fellas, it will be enclosed, if you look at the pictures of the back of the north stand the liftshaft and stairs have supports already for the cladding, it wont need much support for a single skin cladding to be attached. the Saints media manager said it would be enclosed, Mr McManus said we are going for a quality build, leaving three sides open is real quality isnt it!?
    I hope you are right, but I'd prefer to hold my judgement until the 'Saints Webmaster' gives us a definitive answer - see post #94 for relevant info.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite Don Brennan View Post
    The 3G pitch Saints have installed Is at their new training ground.
    It won't be at the new stadium then?
    And does it give any kind of edge compared to ordinary turf?

Quote Originally Posted by ma barker View Post
    It won't be at the new stadium then?
    And does it give any kind of edge compared to ordinary turf?
    Yes, one less person on the payroll - the lass who washes the Widnes kit will be getting her P45

Quote Originally Posted by Samba View Post
    Yes, one less person on the payroll - the lass who washes the Widnes kit will be getting her P45
    They won't need the grass mowing either. make that two less then.

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

How do you figure that ? It will still get wet, sweaty and probably get blood on, so the kit still needs washing after it's been worn......or do you only wash your clothes when there's physical signs of dirt on them ??
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Bridge guys were told come what may it had be complete for boxing day. It had stood for 7 week or so whilst ground issues were sorted. If it happens great if not so be it I'd sooner it be opened when it's complete.
    I was listening to the boss man at the bridge site speaking to the police, he said the bridge will be handed over late October.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    I was listening to the boss man at the bridge site speaking to the police, he said the bridge will be handed over late October.

Haven't they taken out a restraining order on you yet
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Got A Season Ticket

Due to the lack of real information from the club on the cladding debate I have moved from North to the South Stand. Happy in the knowledge that I will have my half time bevvy in an enclosed environment.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    can you honestly see them leaving breeze block walls exposed to the elements? , or that they woluld seriously consider leaving the crowd with less shelter than at KR, ? get a grip fellas, it will be enclosed, if you look at the pictures of the back of the north stand the liftshaft and stairs have supports already for the cladding, it wont need much support for a single skin cladding to be attached. the Saints media manager said it would be enclosed, Mr McManus said we are going for a quality build, leaving three sides open is real quality isnt it!?
    futtocks, have look at the outside course of breeze block, its not your ordinary run of the mill stuff, its a darker grey and smoother, it looks like the weather resistant stuff, for me the cladding will sit on top of the breeze block wall, not against it.
    speaking to the beat bobby he said they have been told it will be enclosed.

What's with the pigs ears on the roof shown in the aerial view?

nlwsaint
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by saintjames View Post
    Due to the lack of real information from the club on the cladding debate I have moved from North to the South Stand. Happy in the knowledge that I will have my half time bevvy in an enclosed environment.
    Me too! After being exposed to the elements at KR for years, didn't fancy the same at the New Stadium.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saints-Crusaders View Post
    Haven't they taken out a restraining order on you yet
    I am completely besotted with the place, Sunday morning 10am along the railway is my favourite fix.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    I am completely besotted with the place, Sunday morning 10am along the railway is my favourite fix.

Not been for a while now that others are posting pics on here and on Saints website

Look at posts#94 and #103 - you would probably stay dry in the North stand, but the East and West..........??????

Quote Originally Posted by Saints-Crusaders View Post
    How do you figure that ? It will still get wet, sweaty and probably get blood on, so the kit still needs washing after it's been worn......or do you only wash your clothes when there's physical signs of dirt on them ??

I wondered why I had no friends!!

Got A Season Ticket

Look at posts#94 and #103 - you would probably stay dry in the North stand, but the East and West..........??????
    Too true!! Seriously how much is a bit of cladding - 100k max I would have thought.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

well only time will tell who is right !
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Too true!! Seriously how much is a bit of cladding - 100k max I would have thought.
    Last time i put some up which was a while back it was £80 per m2 fixed. It's not cheap as a material but relatively low cost to fix.
    Nobody said life would be easy

Got A Season Ticket

Wow nearly all the red cladding done!

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

very classy !!
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub