Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234561222 ... LastLast

Thread: Football

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Dunderpants View Post
    I can't hear any commentary from Gary Neville because I've got one of the new Sky remotes.

Its brilliant. It comes with an enlarged easy to find ‘mute’ button, as well as a bias reduction option for any viewers that aren’t Man United fans.
    Not watched it the have you? he doesn't commentate on games and there's very little bias from him, had you watched you'd have seen that.

He was full of praise for City and critical of De Gea and also some of Ronaldo's diving antics in the past - not much in terms of bias there.

I've read a few reviews and other fans forums this morning and the majority of them were impressed with him, a definite move forward for sky imo.

Looking back on the match last night Swansea for spells looked quite impressive for spells and look to have signed a good keeper - it's not often at all that a keeper will be pushing for man of the match on the back of a 4 goal defeat. City were sluggish to begin and I thought Toure in particular struggled to get a hold of the game from the middle, Silva was creative but lacked support at times. However City got into it more and more and their players became more of an influence on the game, Dzeko looked a handful and Toure seemed to be used higher up the pitch. Aguero then came on in the second half and City looked a different team, he deserved the goals he got and teh assist and was unlucky not to get more - it's easy to get carried away after just 1 game but this player looks to be the real deal and i'm pretty certain he'll be a star in our league.

One things for sure - this season looks to be quite promising in terms of entertainment value!

Quote Originally Posted by Talk some sense! View Post
    Not watched it the have you? he doesn't commentate on games and there's very little bias from him, had you watched you'd have seen that.

He was full of praise for City and critical of De Gea and also some of Ronaldo's diving antics in the past - not much in terms of bias there.

I've read a few reviews and other fans forums this morning and the majority of them were impressed with him, a definite move forward for sky imo.

Looking back on the match last night Swansea for spells looked quite impressive for spells and look to have signed a good keeper - it's not often at all that a keeper will be pushing for man of the match on the back of a 4 goal defeat. City were sluggish to begin and I thought Toure in particular struggled to get a hold of the game from the middle, Silva was creative but lacked support at times. However City got into it more and more and their players became more of an influence on the game, Dzeko looked a handful and Toure seemed to be used higher up the pitch. Aguero then came on in the second half and City looked a different team, he deserved the goals he got and teh assist and was unlucky not to get more - it's easy to get carried away after just 1 game but this player looks to be the real deal and i'm pretty certain he'll be a star in our league.

One things for sure - this season looks to be quite promising in terms of entertainment value!
    Must say I wasnt looking forward to gary chckle sticking the boot in on sky every week, but to be fair to him he summarised the game well and made some good points. no apparent disrespect for city from him, his comments after interviewing mancini were funny. i just wish he'd look at the camera! it was like him and his mate are having a discussion about the game in a high tech bachelor pad and we're watching. they couldnt present a cat.

as for aguero? well i thought he was good having watched la liga and followed athletico for years but i wasnt expecting that. wow!

dzeko had his best game in a city shirt also and a full pre season behind him will do him the world of good.

fair play to swansea, they played their game and controlled possesion early on. they look like a more solid version of blackpool and i think they'll have a similar amount of admirers come the end of the season.
    The past was yours but the future's mine,
    You're all out of time.

Banned

Calm down...you're being a bit oversensitive.

Banned

He was full of praise for City and critical of De Gea and also some of Ronaldo's diving antics in the past - not much in terms of bias there
    You are quite the comic aren't you???

Funny how he can be so 'nice and unbiased' when Sky are paying his wages rather than Man Utd.

Strange that isn't it?

You are quite the comic aren't you???

Funny how he can be so 'nice and unbiased' when Sky are paying his wages rather than Man Utd.

Strange that isn't it?
    What are you going on about?

You first borught up the bias issue and then in your last post go against what you've said intially.

Any silly images to respond to this then?

Learning All The Songs The Hoss's Avatar

Gary Neville is a c*nt... Simples
    St. Helens RLFC.... Its your team... And your team needs YOU! :saint:

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

I thought Neville was pretty good on Sky, much to my surprise. He was clearly nervous but that'll get better and he wasn't biased, he was very balanced.

However, I think we should await judgement until he's been on when its a Manchester United match.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirlingshire Saint View Post
    I thought Neville was pretty good on Sky, much to my surprise. He was clearly nervous but that'll get better and he wasn't biased, he was very balanced.

However, I think we should await judgement until he's been on when its a Manchester United match.
    He did the WBA - United game on Sunday, and was pretty balanced too.

The big test will be the derby or the Liverpool United fixture, will be interesting.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Anyone whoever got wound up by Gary Neville needs to have a look at themselves.

He loves United, he hates City and he hates Liverpool. That's what you want to see from your own man.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Anyone whoever got wound up by Gary Neville needs to have a look at themselves.

He loves United, he hates City and he hates Liverpool. That's what you want to see from your own man.
    Am finding it increasingly harder to argue with you at the moment Dave. You are talking a lot of sense...

Neville is Utd through and through but it makes a change from Redknapp, Souness, Wilkins on Sky and Hansen and Lawrenson on MOTD.

Neville so far has been articulate, intelligent and unbiased. Speaks a lot of sense and is doing well.

Banned

He did the WBA - United game on Sunday, and was pretty balanced too.

The big test will be the derby or the Liverpool United fixture, will be interesting.
    But it won't be ANY big test as I said above. He's Sky's bitch now and he won't bite the hand that feeds him.
    If Liverpool or Man City beat his beloved Man Utd he'll be just as 'balanced' as you put it. It'll kill him inside but he will be nice for the cameras.
    I agree with The Hoss. He's a •••• and always will be.

Neville is loved by United fans for his unashamed hatred of Liverpool and Man City. He's not unbiased in any way but he's paid to keep his mouth shut.

And Reacher...

He's been articulate, intelligent???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDGw6f-sSew

He's shtting himself before he even speaks and that pause is embarassing.

Glad I don't pay Sky to watch that muppet. I do watch Sky btw just don't get it from them

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Am finding it increasingly harder to argue with you at the moment Dave. You are talking a lot of sense...
    so....this Tevez bloke

I always did, it's just that now you have started to come around to my way of thinking.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Got A Season Ticket somerset-saint's Avatar

Neville is Utd through and through but it makes a change from Redknapp, Souness, Wilkins on Sky and Hansen and Lawrenson on MOTD.

Neville so far has been articulate, intelligent and unbiased. Speaks a lot of sense and is doing well.
    No idea... I always record it and fast forward all the talking... far too much talk on MOTD

Quote Originally Posted by somerset-saint View Post
    No idea... I always record it and fast forward all the talking... far too much talk on MOTD
    That's exactly what I do. Now when you watch the Bundesliga highlights on ESPN, they might have a poor dubbed over commentary but it's wall to wall 75 minutes football. No chat, no analysis, no bollocks, just football.

Got A Season Ticket

What score Sunday DD / Wabo ??/ give me a point now please and keep that Aguero on the bench :-) COYWM

Banned

According to todays paper Mancini is thinking of pairing Aguero and Tevez. Good for the club maybe but I wouldn't let Tevez anywhere near the team after the way he's behaved.

Let him rot in the reserves or sell him to Accrington Stanley for a quid.

According to todays paper Mancini is thinking of pairing Aguero and Tevez. Good for the club maybe but I wouldn't let Tevez anywhere near the team after the way he's behaved.

Let him rot in the reserves or sell him to Accrington Stanley for a quid.
    Judging by the fluid play we saw before Tevez came on the field I just don't think you can justify a first team starting spot for him anymore.

One thing was abundantly clear and that is we play better as an attacking unit without him. Tevez likes to hold the ball up and is much more interested in scoring himself than laying the ball off. Although Aguero was below par today, the movement and play between him, Dzeko, Silva and Milner was breathtaking at times.

De Jong in for Barry or Yaya. Sign a new defender to replace Lescott and I think we're pretty much there now.

Big test for City today and they passed it well. If they want to be seen as genuine title contenders, then its places like Bolton that you need to win at. I also felt the scoreline flattered Bolton somewhat.

I also feel we missed the boat with Silva. A superb player and would have been ideal as a replacement for Scholes. Utd made tentative enquiries but never followed anything up. Majestic to watch, even as a Utd fan.

Got A Season Ticket

good show from city, dzeko looking the part now and silva is world class

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Judging by the fluid play we saw before Tevez came on the field I just don't think you can justify a first team starting spot for him anymore.

One thing was abundantly clear and that is we play better as an attacking unit without him. Tevez likes to hold the ball up and is much more interested in scoring himself than laying the ball off. Although Aguero was below par today, the movement and play between him, Dzeko, Silva and Milner was breathtaking at times.

De Jong in for Barry or Yaya. Sign a new defender to replace Lescott and I think we're pretty much there now.
    summed up well chief. for me, milners best game for us.
    dzeko looks like a new player, last season he wouldnt have had the confidence to take the shot on (for his goal) so early.
    couldnt agree more with your comments regarding tevez vs the aguero/dzeko pairing.
    balotelli needs to do something on the pitch and soon or he could be warming the bench an awful lot, but he's only himself to blame. he just cant be trusted at the moment.
    lescott still worries me and i dont have much confidence in kolo doing any better when he returns, savic is still too young. would love to see onuoha given another chance, manchester lad and can cover right back and centre half but joorabchian is his "advisor" too so looks like the writing is on the wall for him
    good to see us take the game to teams for a change but at times in the second half when it got to 3-2 the midfield was overran, mark davies looks a cracking payer, but suprisingly bolton didnt really launch it into the box looking for kevin davies as i expected they would.
    still desperate for nasri tho', we need cover for yaya at least until ramadam ends and taking into account the african cup later in the year.
    bolton looked a very good side and will trouble a lot of teams this year, tough run of fixtures coming up now tho for the trotters.
    You're all out of time.

Big test for City today and they passed it well. If they want to be seen as genuine title contenders, then its places like Bolton that you need to win at. I also felt the scoreline flattered Bolton somewhat.

I also feel we missed the boat with Silva. A superb player and would have been ideal as a replacement for Scholes. Utd made tentative enquiries but never followed anything up. Majestic to watch, even as a Utd fan.
    silva has been amazing pretty much since he arrived, only trouble is we seem to rely on him too much at times.
    2 goals in 2 games for him too, he only bagged 4 all year last season so if he can add a few more goals to his game he will be right up there with the best in the league if not the world for me.
    any truth in these rumours that utd are eyeing up modric?
    You're all out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by wabo View Post
    summed up well chief. for me, milners best game for us.
    dzeko looks like a new player, last season he wouldnt have had the confidence to take the shot on (for his goal) so early.
    couldnt agree more with your comments regarding tevez vs the aguero/dzeko pairing.
    balotelli needs to do something on the pitch and soon or he could be warming the bench an awful lot, but he's only himself to blame. he just cant be trusted at the moment.
    lescott still worries me and i dont have much confidence in kolo doing any better when he returns, savic is still too young. would love to see onuoha given another chance, manchester lad and can cover right back and centre half but joorabchian is his "advisor" too so looks like the writing is on the wall for him
    good to see us take the game to teams for a change but at times in the second half when it got to 3-2 the midfield was overran, mark davies looks a cracking payer, but suprisingly bolton didnt really launch it into the box looking for kevin davies as i expected they would.
    still desperate for nasri tho', we need cover for yaya at least until ramadam ends and taking into account the african cup later in the year.
    bolton looked a very good side and will trouble a lot of teams this year, tough run of fixtures coming up now tho for the trotters.
    A very good time to be a city fan, they're playing some good football and i'd agree the one weal link would be Lescott, i'd chuck Savic in and get him upto speed as he's a very talented defender. I'd love Silva at United, he's a gem of a player - technically brilliant and could be the difference for you in the big games.

Aguero though seems like that 'missing link' sometimes players come into teams and things seem to click, Aguero could be that player for you - a Cantona style influence. I won't for one second deny being concerned about your team. I hope it has an effect on our boys and pushes us onto another level!

Modric - I can't see anything in that but it wouldn't at all surprise me if we were sniffing around for him. The way it is though I fully expect us to go into September with the same squad we have now.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Massively impressed with Phil Jones last night, what a player he is going to be and indeed, already is. Also found it interesting just how pivotal Ashley Young is to United's play in such a short space of time. He really is central to everything.

From a Spurs POV, well same old problems. Very much in the game for an hour but a lack of cutting edge, a lack of belief and some incredibly strange managerial decisions cost us anything yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirlingshire Saint View Post
    Massively impressed with Phil Jones last night, what a player he is going to be and indeed, already is. Also found it interesting just how pivotal Ashley Young is to United's play in such a short space of time. He really is central to everything.

From a Spurs POV, well same old problems. Very much in the game for an hour but a lack of cutting edge, a lack of belief and some incredibly strange managerial decisions cost us anything yet again.
    Fully agree. I think in a couple of years or even less, people will be talking of Jones as a bargain buy. He really does look to have everything, and can bring the ball out of defence like Rio in his prime, really uses the ball well.

Young also seems to have raised his game already. Some players thrive on the stage at Utd, others can be like rabbits caught in headlights. Young looks to have that cockiness that he knows he belongs on this stage. Has two good feet, lots of pace but also works really well closing players down when we are not in possesion. My only flaw with him so far (and its early days) are that he has left his crossing boots at Villa. His set pieces and crosses have been generally poor (apart from Smallings goal at CS) and this in my opinion was one of his biggest strengths at Villa.