Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good effort

Starting A Programme Collection 100% Saint's Avatar

Default Good effort

I thought we did well tonight to come back from 18 - 0 down in the first half, we looked tired in the second half and let them run away in the end. Bring on Hull next week.

happy with performance tbh. shame tho we are missing a lil magic atm, moore played well and perry was half decent aswell

Learning All The Songs Saint Jasper's Avatar

much better performance all round, few decisions went Warrington's way and they scored from them. Certainly gave them a fright. Have to keep hold of the ball though.

Wasn't expecting to win and feared the worst after ten minutes, but came away disappointed but not dejected.
    Warrington have still never won in 16 Super League attempts at Knowsley Road. And, with Saints off to a new home next year, now they never will.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 100% Saint View Post
    I thought we did well tonight to come back from 18 - 0 down in the first half, we looked tired in the second half and let them run away in the end. Bring on Hull next week.
    I don't think they ran away with it, Saints didn't respect possession as they should have. Great game of rugby to watch as a neutral, Lost 20 quid on Saints but enjoyed the spectacle non the less

Learning All The Songs

We arnt good enough,defence terrible,but lots of effort so cant complain on that score!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Fantastic advert for the game. But for some stupid mistakes from both us and the officials it would have been a different result.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Season Ticket Motherwell Saint's Avatar

How long can Smith get away with blatant incompetence???!!! He was poor as a ref, but as a video ref???!!! Jeez oh!

Will do much longer reply tomorrow but regardless of rub of green, officials etc, we have conceded 67 points in the last 2 games.

Not good enough

when perry and moore came on they gived us a lot of aggression which was what we needed.
    GREEN and YELLOW

In The West Stand

No complaints from me. Showed charecter to come back, scored some nice trys and marginally lost to the top side away. The team deserves credit.

Noooobie

This performance shows we will still be there or thereabouts come the playoffs

Got A Replica Shirt

I think it all comes down to who plays who.Quite a lot of the top six have sides who are their bogey team.If i had to choose now ,bring on Wire and Hudds.with a full squad i would feel more at ease than playing them than the Goons or even Catalan away.

Noooobie

im pretty sure if warrington had not been at home theyd ave bee down to 12men there were 4 blatant penalties one after another wen we had the pinned on there line just after we,d took the lead!

Apart from not getting the bounce of the ball and some poor decisions, the shocking start cost us dearly.

We badly lack an experienced half back. Lomaskell have great potential but we need someone to grab hold of the game by the scruff of the neck and stamp their authority on it.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by E Saint View Post
    Apart from not getting the bounce of the ball and some poor decisions, the shocking start cost us dearly.

We badly lack an experienced half back. Lomaskell have great potential but we need someone to grab hold of the game by the scruff of the neck and stamp their authority on it.
    I agree with this,an experienced halfback was the difference tonight,fair play to Gaskell though for coming back strongly and not letting the first 10 minutes or so get to him.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    happy with performance tbh. shame tho we are missing a lil magic atm, moore played well and perry was half decent aswell

Much better mix when Moore plays

Noooobie

Well Done Boys, they showed a lot of commitment tonight and looked like they wanted to play compared to last week. Why was Gaskell took off? he didn't look happy about coming off and he played better than his relpacement!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Will do much longer reply tomorrow but regardless of rub of green, officials etc, we have conceded 67 points in the last 2 games.

Not good enough
    I agree. Our defence is very poor and our goal line defence is shocking.

But what troubles me more, in a way, is our lack of composure and ball retention. We could still have won that match had we not dropped the ball and lost our collective heads.

Starting A Programme Collection saint_yick's Avatar

fantastic effort tonight from the boys, don't mind them getting beat when they play like that, what a fantastic spectacle spoiled by the ref and video ref though

Learning All The Songs Saint Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KPnuts View Post
    Well Done Boys, they showed a lot of commitment tonight and looked like they wanted to play compared to last week. Why was Gaskell took off? he didn't look happy about coming off and he played better than his relpacement!!
    I have to agree - I'm afraid Kyle didn't offer anything better and his kicking was the same old thing apart from the first one, Gaskell at least varied his.
    Warrington have still never won in 16 Super League attempts at Knowsley Road. And, with Saints off to a new home next year, now they never will.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jasper View Post
    I have to agree - I'm afraid Kyle didn't offer anything better and his kicking was the same old thing apart from the first one, Gaskell at least varied his.
    Eastmond got 12 mins, you can't judge him off that. He has the pace and explosiveness to score a try from nothing, last throw of the dice tactics, you can't complain at that

Great fightback, much more aggression than last week. Lost our way in the first ten mins of the second half where we failed to complete about 3 sets. A couple of errors then let them close to our line. Before half time we were very much in charge. Still think when it comes to the crunch we will be in with a chance. Putting Pryce back in must be worth 6 points a game for a start at least

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jasper View Post
    I don't think you can judge Kyle based on that. You can question the coach though who essentially plays an already weak/depleated team 1 sub down for 70 mins and also why the coach thinks Kyle would be a better option than Gaskell.
    Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    That's Conroy for you. 95% of the time he is one of the most knowledgeable posters we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post

Not good enough
    Tbf though, them two games have come against the best two sides in the league.

Great effort from the lads and I can't say much more than that, we played well against the best team in the league atm and nearly won it so I'm more than happy. With being at the game it's hard to say whether they got the rub of the green for some crucial decisions, but from the reaction it seems like there could be some truth in it, I can comment better tomorrow after watching the game again.

Josh Perry had his best game in a Saints shirt for me and Scott Moore was outstanding.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Dan View Post
    You can question the coach though who essentially plays an already weak/depleated team 1 sub down for 70 mins and also why the coach thinks Kyle would be a better option than Gaskell.
    Firstly, to cover injuries. Secondly, to give him game time. Thirdly, maybe Gaskell was a bit overwhelmed? Fourthly, Kyle can be explosive. He kicked a beautiful short kick and boy have we missed his kicking game.