Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Saints Need Pace!

True they wouldnt have let him go for nothing but Eastmond would have left and he doesnt want to be at saints that was my comparison. Saints would have to pay for Jodie but I doubt it would be that much also if Salford accepted an approach they would be getting an experienced average winger in Gardner to replace him with, they could even go for Luke George who knows but my point is still the same saints need a good fast winger, the ideas Im batting around are cheaper options on the rough diamonds rather than signing a high flier because they would have to go to NRL for that and pay big bucks and Im not sure how the overseas quota would be affected or that they could afford it ?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by 29wes28 View Post
    True they wouldnt have let him go for nothing but Eastmond would have left and he doesnt want to be at saints that was my comparison. Saints would have to pay for Jodie but I doubt it would be that much also if Salford accepted an approach they would be getting an experienced average winger in Gardner to replace him with, they could even go for Luke George who knows but my point is still the same saints need a good fast winger, the ideas Im batting around are cheaper options on the rough diamonds rather than signing a high flier because they would have to go to NRL for that and pay big bucks and Im not sure how the overseas quota would be affected or that they could afford it ?!?!?
    You are obviously obsessed with a pacy winger and if that is what you think we need fair enough.
    However there is much more to a good player than pure pace.
    Of all the names that are available at the end of the season, there are none in my opinion that are significantly better than what we have. They might be faster, but not better.
    We can try and sign someone who is under contract but that would cost money and as Saints have not got it in abundance and also considering how many transfer fees are actually paid nowadays, this would seem unlikely.
    We cant sign anyone from overseas as our quota is full.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hazzo21 View Post
    We can try and sign someone who is under contract but that would cost money and as Saints have not got it in abundance and also considering how many transfer fees are actually paid nowadays, this would seem unlikely.
    We cant sign anyone from overseas as our quota is full.
    We don't need to do anything other than give time to our two (relative) rookie wingers, giving them chance to learn the game, build up their stamina and skills, and see where they go from here. I think it is quite exciting to have two young guys on the wings, neither of whom are slow (Makinson is especially speedy) and both of whom came through our system (albeit one is a Pie). It's a great chance for Saints to follow through on the policy (whatever has driven it) of bringing local lads through.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    We don't need to do anything other than give time to our two (relative) rookie wingers, giving them chance to learn the game, build up their stamina and skills, and see where they go from here. I think it is quite exciting to have two young guys on the wings, neither of whom are slow (Makinson is especially speedy) and both of whom came through our system (albeit one is a Pie). It's a great chance for Saints to follow through on the policy (whatever has driven it) of bringing local lads through.
    Wanderer, I am in agreement with you, see a bit further up on my last post!!
    I am not saying if there was a quality winger available who was better than our current crop that we should ignore them, but in my opinion there is no-one available that fits in that bracket.

Got A Season Ticket

What ever happened to Nathan Ashe? He looked be quite quick when he set that try up against Hull is he injured or just can't make the squad?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint smith View Post
    What ever happened to Nathan Ashe? He looked be quite quick when he set that try up against Hull is he injured or just can't make the squad?
    He is fit and available, just not being selected.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

He was selected when we were short of fullbacks and halves. We aren't short of either at the moment and so he is giving Ganson lip in the 9s instead!

Learning All The Songs The Hoss's Avatar

Going off Tuesday circus show with the lip he was giving to Ganson, he needs a good bollocking... No matter how true his comments where to him lol
    St. Helens RLFC.... Its your team... And your team needs YOU! :saint: