Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St. Helens Restaurants

Noooobie

Default The Bras

Use to be called the Angel many moons ago. Do a big roast dinner for less than a fiver at weekends. Oh its good! Normal pub menu is ok, but just your usual stuff. At night it becomes a 'Steak House' bit pricy but good stuff. Try the Black Pudding starter, done in Stilton cheese and mushrooms.

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Can we expand this?

It might be interesting to have restaurants recommended in other towns where Saints supporters live. If you like Indian and live near Altrincham, The Gonbay, up The Downs is wonderful, and not too expensive if you time your visit cleverly.Even closer to me, Little Italy in Timperley village serves excellent food though it can be rather claustrophobic on busy weekend evenings. Either could be tried before or after the Grand Final in October, both being reasonably close to The Metro. Sadly I shall have to miss it this year as I shall be in Argentina sampling the steaks!
    Last edited by Altrincham Saint; 31st July 2011 at 10:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrincham Saint View Post
    It might be interesting to have restaurants recommended in other towns where Saints supporters live. If you like Indian and live near Altrincham, The Gonbay, up The Downs is wonderful, and not too expensive if you time your visit cleverly.Even closer to me, Little Italy in Timperley village serves excellent food though it can be rather claustrophobic on busy weekend evenings. Either could be tried before or after the Grand Final in October, both being reasonably close to The Metro. Sadly I shall have to miss it this year as I shall be in Argentina sampling the steaks!
    Often eat in Alty , but never given the gonbay a try. Will try and give it a bash upon your recomendation now

Grand idea, and whilst many Saints are exiled to Widnes for a few more weeks, i'll put Desii's out there. Fantastic Indian restaurant in Widnes. Good deals on take away too.
    The past was yours but the future's mine,
    You're all out of time.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Syd View Post
    Often eat in Alty , but never given the gonbay a try. Will try and give it a bash upon your recomendation now
    You will not be disappointed. Just been in fact and the Sea Bass with Ginger and Spring Onion was incredible as was the Deer Beer beforehand at Costello`s in Goose Green which is the outlet for a micro brewery based in Dunham Massey . It is possible to drool over an online menu should you wish to do so.

Learning All The Songs

If any of you are ever in West London then the best curry house I've ever eaten in is Madhus in Southall.

Let me tell you - I've eaten in a few

Quote Originally Posted by Altrincham Saint View Post
    You will not be disappointed. Just been in fact and the Sea Bass with Ginger and Spring Onion was incredible as was the Deer Beer beforehand at Costello`s in Goose Green which is the outlet for a micro brewery based in Dunham Massey . It is possible to drool over an online menu should you wish to do so.
    Love deer beer. Always have a few bottles in the house ( the owner of Dunham brewery lives about 200 meter away from me ) but it is much better from the pump, very rare to find it in a boozer isnt it .

Quote Originally Posted by wabo View Post
    Grand idea, and whilst many Saints are exiled to Widnes for a few more weeks, i'll put Desii's out there. Fantastic Indian restaurant in Widnes. Good deals on take away too.
    Mate of mine eats at the desii a LOT, he has a pal who one night arrived at the restaurant for the first time, looked up at the sign and said "the Des 2, have we been to the Des 1 ? " he thought the ii was roman numerals, the bell end, as if a fecking curry house would do that.... so for years we have called the desii the Des 2 haha

Anyone been to the steak house on North Road?

A mate of mine said they do a 40oz steak challenge. You finish it with a lb of chips and a lb of veg then you eat for free. If you fail you pay £25.00
    You're all out of time.

Starting A Programme Collection shabbashaz's Avatar

Anyone been to the steak house on North Road?

A mate of mine said they do a 40oz steak challenge. You finish it with a lb of chips and a lb of veg then you eat for free. If you fail you pay £25.00
    Is that the moonlight grill?
    ONLY ONE STEVE PRESCOTT

Noooobie

The thai restaurant is pretty good. Only problem being you may be waiting a while.

The Spanish is alright but the problem is he'd be a bit pricey for Manchester nevermind a backstreet in St Helens.

Got A Season Ticket

Anything on the new Turkish BBQ restaurant at the Duke Street end of Lowe Street?

Thought about it several times but then get mystically pulled along the road to Balti Spice
    follow me on Twitter @p4tjohnson

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hookman2007 View Post
    Use to be called the Angel many moons ago. Do a big roast dinner for less than a fiver at weekends. Oh its good! Normal pub menu is ok, but just your usual stuff. At night it becomes a 'Steak House' bit pricy but good stuff. Try the Black Pudding starter, done in Stilton cheese and mushrooms.
    the braz is getting back to how it used to be, had my dinner in there a couple of times lately and the irish bloke who runs it keeps a mean pint of guinness.

i also like la casa (the patatas bravas with garlic mayo are amazing) and pacifica in town.

quattros and houghwood golf course a bit further out.

Went to Pacifica last week with some mates. Very impressed. Early bird deal was on and great value for £15. Top quality meal

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Went to Pacifica last week with some mates. Very impressed. Early bird deal was on and great value for £15. Top quality meal
    Used to be our favourite restaurant in the town centre the Pacifica. I believe it went under new management and went seriously downhill. Apparently its back under the old regime again and is improving. Thats what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Used to be our favourite restaurant in the town centre the Pacifica. I believe it went under new management and went seriously downhill. Apparently its back under the old regime again and is improving. Thats what I heard.
    First time I had been and was very impressed. The staff were excellent too, the deal came with a free glass of wine but most of us were driving and the lads that were drinking were on beer. No problems in getting a free beer instead and the service was great.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    First time I had been and was very impressed. The staff were excellent too, the deal came with a free glass of wine but most of us were driving and the lads that were drinking were on beer. No problems in getting a free beer instead and the service was great.
    Sounds promising, the missus will be pleased to hear it as she used to love the place. I don't recall them ever doing 'meal deal' promotions either so if they're offering that kind of stuff, all the better !

Pacifica is a top top place to eat.
    You're all out of time.

Noooobie

For a very good lunch, you need to go no further than St Helens College. It is well priced and is under the supervision of the training team.

Banned

Pacifica is a top top place to eat.
    A close second to the ivy IMO.