Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 345678910111727 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 5

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

I am sure the planning application says Retail Units, the bus station rumour popped up on either here or RLFans
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    I am sure the planning application says Retail Units, the bus station rumour popped up on either here or RLFans
    The bus station has just had improvements hasn't it? Doubt they'd move it now tbh

In The South Stand

The old Tesco site is to be developed by Spen Hill developments, (Tesco), it will be an extension of Market street, along with the deveopement of KR and the building of the new Tesco Supermarket its what has got us our stadium.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

If its a continuation of the town. Half of it will never open. It's terrible the amount of closed premises. I went out last night and was shocked to see the nelson and the Market closed. ( yes I'm showing age). Even busby's was closed. Will the old cinema building that Jeff pennington did ever open. I don't think he owns it now but it's a shame it's never been aired even. Sorry I've gone OT. Great to see the frame work of the ground nearly complete though.
    Nobody said life would be easy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    The old Tesco site is to be developed by Spen Hill developments, (Tesco), it will be an extension of Market street.
    Well, they will need to do something original with it because we can't keep town centre shops open as it is. If they just try and put more shops in there, especially if Langtree want to develop even more out of town shops near the stadium, it will go nowhere. They need to look at providing something in St Helens that isn't provided in Warrington or Wigan but that people want to use/go to.

Starting A Programme Collection

Am i the only one who has seen what they are going to do with the old tesco site?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Yes they have made provision at the top of the terraces , not sure how , but it was mentioned, and the old Tescos are supposed to be redeveloped into retail units i think
    We'll see. It should be a damn sight easier than KR!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
    Am i the only one who has seen what they are going to do with the old tesco site?
    Quite possibly, so feel free to share it with us

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
    Double post

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

Here are some documents from the planning application with regard to Chalon Way (old Tesco site).

http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.u...mageName=89938
    http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.u...mageName=89935

Hmmm. The report suggests there is sufficient demand for more retail development and they have a list of potential interested clients. I can only think of one who'd do well in the tesco development and leave the car park in place and that would be primark. The problem is though it would take alot of trade out of the centre.

I think it would be great to have a section (where the tesco is now) where the away fans coaches could park.

Let's be honest, there isn't many places to eat and drink around the new stadium (apart from Burger King and KFC I suppose but people want fish and chips at games, not fast food like that) so this would drive custom into the town centre.

Does anyone know where the away coaches are being planned to park?

Peasley cross lane has been mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I think it would be great to have a section (where the tesco is now) where the away fans coaches could park.

Let's be honest, there isn't many places to eat and drink around the new stadium (apart from Burger King and KFC I suppose but people want fish and chips at games, not fast food like that) so this would drive custom into the town centre.

Does anyone know where the away coaches are being planned to park?
    Get a Nandos in St Helens now.

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Ski View Post
    Get a Nandos in St Helens now.
    The old yates next door to the Running Horses always struck me as an ideal spot for a nandos with its proximity to the cinema and town centre - not sure though if it can be done over 2 floors?

What ever happened to the bowling complex tyrp thing that has been threatened for years now over the road from the cinema on the land where the flats where knocked down?

Quote Originally Posted by Talk some sense! View Post
    The old yates next door to the Running Horses always struck me as an ideal spot for a nandos with its proximity to the cinema and town centre - not sure though if it can be done over 2 floors?

What ever happened to the bowling complex tyrp thing that has been threatened for years now over the road from the cinema on the land where the flats where knocked down?
    Started the footings of something recently but seems to have stopped. Did quite a bit of muck shift to get it to level to so it seems strange its stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Started the footings of something recently but seems to have stopped. Did quite a bit of muck shift to get it to level to so it seems strange its stopped.
    Yeah I thought i'd seen some kind of activity on there - much like a nandos I think a bowling alley in and around that area would be a good investment.

Learning All The Songs BubbleSheep's Avatar

Yeah I thought i'd seen some kind of activity on there - much like a nandos I think a bowling alley in and around that area would be a good investment.
    We had a bowling alley a good couple of years back, if I remember. Where Lidl is now.
    "Engineers aren't boring people; we just get excited over boring things"

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Shame they aren't working on it to open near the same time as the ground, the interest in the town would be great for other businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleSheep View Post
    We had a bowling alley a good couple of years back, if I remember. Where Lidl is now.
    We did, LA Bowl I think it was.

I'm not sure why that closed up, but i'm pretty certain there'd be good interest in a new one.

Got A Season Ticket

We did, LA Bowl I think it was.

I'm not sure why that closed up, but i'm pretty certain there'd be good interest in a new one.
    It was Hollywood Bowl IIRC and as far as I know it closed down because it's turnover was too low. Not sure it's location helped but I could see a bowling alley near to the cinema and food outlets working quite well as a full-on leisure area for the town centre.

Default st helens canal on tescos redevelopement

I was wondering if SCARS (the st helens canal restoration society) have been in touch regards the plans for the redevelopement of the old tesco/safeway site in town? There don't seem any plans to open it up again
    I should really stop eating chocolate.

In The South Stand

I have just come bck from having a good look at our new stadium and even though i have been in the past and i have been watching it grow through these fantastic pictures on here it just sort of make you believe now. I got talking to the bloke on the gate and mentioned to him that i used to work at U G B when i was a teenager, what was it he said, so i told him about it, he is probably bored stiff anyway, he seemed a decent sort, but said it is about 3weeks behind anyway i am very pleased with it. When you still live in St.Helens like most of you seem to do you are familiar with everything but i had to have a good look around to get some bearings for when the new stadium opens, i think i am getting some ideas now. Earlier on i read something that wardies love child said about pubs shutting, The market was one me and my mates used to go in and The Fleece and chessies and across from the Plaza was the Rifle and i could go on, but at least the one where we used to meet up is still there The Sephton Arms. Happy days Eh.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    I have just come bck from having a good look at our new stadium and even though i have been in the past and i have been watching it grow through these fantastic pictures on here it just sort of make you believe now. I got talking to the bloke on the gate and mentioned to him that i used to work at U G B when i was a teenager, what was it he said, so i told him about it, he is probably bored stiff anyway, he seemed a decent sort, but said it is about 3weeks behind anyway i am very pleased with it. When you still live in St.Helens like most of you seem to do you are familiar with everything but i had to have a good look around to get some bearings for when the new stadium opens, i think i am getting some ideas now. Earlier on i read something that wardies love child said about pubs shutting, The market was one me and my mates used to go in and The Fleece and chessies and across from the Plaza was the Rifle and i could go on, but at least the one where we used to meet up is still there The Sephton Arms. Happy days Eh.
    met at the Sephton every Friday and Saturday night with a gang of mates from the rolling mill.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    met at the Sephton every Friday and Saturday night with a gang of mates from the rolling mill.
    Remember getting back to St Helens after the 1996 wembley win and dancing on the chairs and tables in there to 'we are the champions' that night. every 10 mins, quality.