Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456781424 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 5

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Rail Bridge to come out in St Helens is the old bridge next to stan shuker butchers opposite kfc. There is a plan in place to put a new footbridge at this point to allow pedestrian access from station to new ground.
    Nobody said life would be easy

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Rail Bridge to come out in St Helens is the old bridge next to stan shuker butchers opposite kfc. There is a plan in place to put a new footbridge at this point to allow pedestrian access from station to new ground.
    Do you mean the bridge that crosses the linkway?

Nah, the bridge next to Shukers is the Parr Street bridge that's closest to Central Station. It's currently pedestrian only but years ago it used to carry traffic out of town.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF...03734&t=h&z=19

Starting A Programme Collection

i thought it was that one but they have recently done it up, so i thought maybe not.

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Today's pics

KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Learning All The Songs

See our old home every day, and its been depressing watching it come down. Ive spent a lot of years visiting KR through good and bad times. However, getting a couple of looks at the new stadium, and in particular the excellent photos on here, Im really changing my outlook. Without wanting to over dramatise it or make it sound like a bereavment or relationship breakup (tbh KR going is worse than a couple of them Ive had!) but I now feel Im moving on. Im now more excited about the prospect of the new rather than sad about seeing the last of the old. Thanks to all who put these photos on, this is a great thread thats really helping build up the excitement of moving in to what appears to be shaping up to be a fantastic new home.

Aye that's the one on Parr St. Quite a big bridge and they have spent few quid on it.

[QUOTE=the priest;353644]See our old home every day, and its been depressing watching it come down. Ive spent a lot of years visiting KR through good and bad times. However, getting a couple of looks at the new stadium, and in particular the excellent photos on here, Im really changing my outlook. Without wanting to over dramatise it or make it sound like a bereavment or relationship breakup (tbh KR going is worse than a couple of them Ive had!) but I now feel Im moving on. Im now more excited about the prospect of the new rather than sad about seeing the last of the old. Thanks to all who put these photos on, this is a great thread thats really helping build up the excitement of moving in to what appears to be shaping up to be a fantastic new home.[/QUOTE

Have to agree. Spent the last 3/4 hour looking at new and old stadiums whilst I'm at home. KR was depressing but the new ground looks the dogs danglies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the priest View Post
    I now feel Im moving on. Im now more excited about the prospect of the new rather than sad about seeing the last of the old.
    Same here.

I'm even used to going to Widnes! (But that will never feel like home)

Got A Season Ticket

Got A Season Ticket

Great pics, can't wait until they get more seats in. I think that'll make it a bit more real.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTSAM View Post
    The North stand does look a little tight for space under the stand for bars toilets etc as it currenly stands unless it is going to be extended back?
    From the plans the refreshments kiosks and toilets are not completely under the seating areas of the North Stand. By the looks of it the stand will come back a good bit further than just where the seats stop.

Got A Season Ticket

I took the liberty of grabbing a few of the photos from here and stiching them together to create a panoramic picture. Hope the respective owners of the photos don't mind.

Learning All The Songs

Is it still possible to access the part of the railway line overseeing the stadium? I may go down with the camera tomorrow.Ive done a video on you tube but the commentary is naff,if i dont plan these things i tend to waffle.Actually the whole video is crap because i didnt really get near enough!

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

I believe network rail have blocked up the access to the old line but you can get a limited view from the top of the access delivery road for the retaiul park on peasley cross rd
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkyrl View Post

Why have they built that diving board on the second photo, is the half time entertainment going to be Wigan supporters diving into an egg cup full of water.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    I believe network rail have blocked up the access to the old line but you can get a limited view from the top of the access delivery road for the retaiul park on peasley cross rd
    When did they do that ?
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

You never know who you're going to bump into when taking pics at the new stadium

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Hey Cool pictures , I think somebody posted abiut network rail blocking access a couple of weekks ago I havent been there myself since but I do use the access rd
    Did Wello and Wikins talk to you much? what were they down there for ?
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Hey Cool pictures , I think somebody posted abiut network rail blocking access a couple of weekks ago I havent been there myself since but I do use the access rd
    Did Wello and Wikins talk to you much? what were they down there for ?

Well i got access to the railway line yesterday to take pics....they were there for a photo shoot with some men in suits, so i asked for a pic once they were finished

why is there a section of the west stand sectioned off right where west meets south stand ? you can see the crush barriers above and below this area then its got walls in between. maybe entrance/exit to stand or little area for tv cameras, anybody any idea ?

Learning All The Songs

You know whats coming now dont you?Where is the access delivery rd?I know where the retail park is,is the access rd just before the bridge on Peasley x rd or further up where the barr langtree entrance rd is?cheers!If its the latter i got stopped when i tried to walk further than 250 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints-Crusaders View Post
    You never know who you're going to bump into when taking pics at the new stadium

Paul Wellens re-tweeted that on twitter, I was wondering whether that would have been you who taken it!

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    You know whats coming now dont you?Where is the access delivery rd?I know where the retail park is,is the access rd just before the bridge on Peasley x rd or further up where the barr langtree entrance rd is?cheers!If its the latter i got stopped when i tried to walk further than 250 yards.

You got stopped walking up the road that is the entrance to the new stadium ???

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Paul Wellens re-tweeted that on twitter, I was wondering whether that would have been you who taken it!
    Well i took that particular picture....although i can't see where Wello re-tweeted it