Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131929 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 2

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    2 quick questions if anyone knows,Who are the actual company that's going to build on Knowsley Road ?, and in a word who is responsible for the delay with the new stadium?
    Taylor Wimpey if it aint gone bust yet.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Botev Plovdiv Ski View Post
    Just to give a little perspective. Salford were a couple of years ahead of us in terms of permissions and stuff, and they'll only be breaking ground in the next month.
    Perspective needed I think.

Can't we be content with the fact that work is going on?

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Taylor Wimpey if it aint gone bust yet.
    Are they associated with Langtree at all.

[QUOTE=Paul Newlove;285847]Are they associated with Langtree at all.[/QUOTE

Wouldn't have thought so they are a big outfit that has fallen on hard time they went to Big then the crunch came along and the almost folded under the amount of debt they had on their books.

http://www.taylorwimpey.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Botev Plovdiv Ski View Post
    Just to give a little perspective. Salford were a couple of years ahead of us in terms of permissions and stuff, and they'll only be breaking ground in the next month.
    Salford havent even got detailed plans for the stadium drawn up yet, and they have only recently put things out to tender.

Their statement is nothing more than fluff. They will get a portacabin on site, clear some bushes, move some dirt, and tell everyone they are building a stadium.

Saints plans are far more advanced than Salford.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Salford have peel developments behind them and they are huge as a group and pretty much own everything around the stadium. Trafford centre etc and the land you see all around the area. They will face little opposition compared to ours had. They have done so much for the Barton area and borough of Trafford. They'll know all the ins and outs already.

Banned

2 quick questions if anyone knows,Who are the actual company that's going to build on Knowsley Road ?, and in a word who is responsible for the delay with the new stadium?
    what delay? groundworks are ahead of time and if you know anything about developing land it is the groundworks that take the most of time, if they aren't right the rest doesn't get the go ahead. i'm just made up we are this far forward !

Quote Originally Posted by oldshep1960 View Post
    what delay? groundworks are ahead of time and if you know anything about developing land it is the groundworks that take the most of time, if they aren't right the rest doesn't get the go ahead. i'm just made up we are this far forward !
    Groundworks havent yet started at Saints, as Langtree havent yet complied with the planning conditions set by the planning department

Correctamundo the works arethe council side of the scheme who have actually by the looks of it are doing their bit and paperwork on time(nearly). Well done St helens mbc for once

Got A Season Ticket Brimah Kebbie's Avatar

From what I last heard they've still to pick a company to build the stadium so I really can't see us playing a single game at "home" next season.
    "I'd rather be on Blackpool Beach than Bondi Beach. They can keep the country to themselves."

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Perspective needed I think.

Can't we be content with the fact that work is going on?
    Work is not going on. That's the point of all this frustration. If work was going on then you'd be reading a thread of celebration.

Banned

on a serious note , it is said the stadium is a fourteen month build , allowing say 3 months for delays due to weather etc , with the 2012 sl season kicking off early feb , we really need work to start by august/september this year in order to be certain of being in for the start of that season , wot do you think the chances are

Quote Originally Posted by stoneislander View Post
    on a serious note , it is said the stadium is a fourteen month build , allowing say 3 months for delays due to weather etc , with the 2012 sl season kicking off early feb , we really need work to start by august/september this year in order to be certain of being in for the start of that season , wot do you think the chances are
    Getting slimmer.

I do however think your 3 month construction delay scenario is a bit of a nightmare situation. As i would expect the 14 month build time to be rather generous and include time for contingency.
    However it wouldnt surprise me if it overun by a couple of weeks.

At the very least though we can be almost certain now that we wont be in the new stadium for most, if not all the regular 2011 season.
    Im starting to wonder as well if we will see any work on the stadium this summer.

Banned

problem as i understand from relatives in the civil engineeering game is that work slows in the winter, so from say november to march we may not get much progress

Work slows yes but not stop. 3 months to be put on for delays is madness and I'd say not true. Wembley yes but an 18k stadium no. Once your out the ground everything will be made off site pre cast and delivered. The weather has to be so bad to cause delays it's unreal to claim for it. The contractor will move heaven and earth to get it done omtime once started. The only delay is now and that's trying to start but once started I'll be surprised if it's delayed by much unless somebody wants to make changes to what was priced originally.
    As the saying goes make your mind up for what you want and stick with it. Never ask for changes to a builder as it gives them flexibility to charge and also ask for more time.
    Let's hope we are right first time. Let's be honest though it's gonna happen we are just gonna wait a while longer but it'll be worth it once it's done won't it. Just think positive

Banned

all im saying is that unless work starts by say september we may be pushing it to get in for start of 2012

Learning All The Songs

God, this is depressing.

Please, please, please, someone cheer us all up with some good news.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

OK Apologies for the delay dues to Edinburgh and Quinns away some new pictures of the site

And just to give you an idea of whats happened , a sort of timeline from April on the left to today on the right

Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

I like the idea of the pictures and long term they will be smashing. However short term I can see this being a negative as I see it. How many pictures of a road cone will it need for someone on here lose the plot big time and start a demonstration at Knowsley road ;-)

I have one big problem with all this stadium lark, Yes it's looking likely that 2012 will be our 1st season not 2011,not overly concerned about as that just as long as it does happen. As brilliantly as the club have done to secure the stadium I cannot believe we are leaving Knowsley Road before the stadium is ready,Is there only me who is worried about this? what a joke the club may have to play outside the town,I for one will be blooody worried if come October KR is demolished and this stadium hasn't started,I just hope we can take the hit for a season because Widnes or whoever won't let us play there for peanuts and we are bound to have reduced gates.

Cool

I have one big problem with all this stadium lark, Yes it's looking likely that 2012 will be our 1st season not 2011,not overly concerned about as that just as long as it does happen. As brilliantly as the club have done to secure the stadium I cannot believe we are leaving Knowsley Road before the stadium is ready,Is there only me who is worried about this? what a joke the club may have to play outside the town,I for one will be blooody worried if come October KR is demolished and this stadium hasn't started,I just hope we can take the hit for a season because Widnes or whoever won't let us play there for peanuts and we are bound to have reduced gates.
    Staying at KR another season was never an option for a health and saftey point of view or a financial persepctive. Its a ball-ache that we have to play at Leigh/Widnes/Liverpool but it'll be well worth it come 2012.
    Sanctus Espiritus! Insanity is all around us...

Banned

the clubs finances will take an absolute hammering being on the road , with reduced gates and paying rent , i wouldnt expect too many signings for next year

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stoneislander View Post
    the clubs finances will take an absolute hammering being on the road , with reduced gates and paying rent , i wouldnt expect too many signings for next year
    Possibly offset by the sum we pay to keep Knowsley Road hospitable? Rumoured to be up to a six figure sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Possibly offset by the sum we pay to keep Knowsley Road hospitable? Rumoured to be up to a six figure sum.
    I can't see the upkeep of KR being as much as renting a stadium

I can't see the upkeep of KR being as much as renting a stadium
    It won't be as much but its a cost we won't have to fork out. We're not renting a stadium don't forget, we'll simply give an amount of the gate money to either Widnes, Leigh or whoever it may be.

I'm sure that the club, long term, will have had a contingency plan in place for this exact possibility.