Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891525 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 2

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Cheers amigo.

To be honest, as long as the stadium is completed and our long term future secured, the beginning of the 2012 season is fine by me.
    me too. To be honest part of me wants to move in at the beginning of a new season rather than towards the end of one. That's in an ideal world though...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

The thought of playing at Widnes for a whole season next year is horrible though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    The thought of playing at Widnes for a whole season next year is horrible though.
    I'd quite happily throw in a few quid towards accelerated costs for the builder to avoid playin in chemical town.

Starting A Programme Collection

Contractor?

3D renders?

Fans forums?

Anything whatsoever?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    Contractor?

3D renders?

Fans forums?

Anything whatsoever?
    seein as we were told a contractor would be announced by the end of april , tomorrows s**t or bust

When it comes to any kind of date to do with the construction industry, it is ALWAYS longer than expected. This is for announcement of contractors, date of plans submitted down to the actual completetion dates of the works. I dont know why the construction industry doesnt just add 2 months onto the end of any estimated date because then it will look good that theyve done it quicker than expected.

I tell you now, there is NO WAY we will get to play a single game in our new stadium in 2011. It will be 2012 at the earliest.

Learning All The Songs

You should do kids parties Huntingtons.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by stoneislander View Post
    seein as we were told a contractor would be announced by the end of april , tomorrows s**t or bust
    It was me who said the end of April, I still have the Email from the person in charge of the tendering process to that effect, I have sent another Email asking what the latest news is on the start date and contractor for the stadium, they dont always reply though.
    Got told this morning that the Lib Dem flyer for the local election is saying that ground work on the new stadium will begin in June, anybody verify this.

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    You should do kids parties Huntingtons.
    I already post on redvee. Thats enough mingling with know nowt kids.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    It was me who said the end of April, I still have the Email from the person in charge of the tendering process to that effect, I have sent another Email asking what the latest news is on the start date and contractor for the stadium, they dont always reply though.
    Got told this morning that the Lib Dem flyer for the local election is saying that ground work on the new stadium will begin in June, anybody verify this.
    Must be different flyers, it doesn't mention it on mine.

Labour flyers say construction on the stadium has started. More lies lies lies from their spin machine. Why can't people proof read publicated documents. Even the infrastructure works can't be classed as the stadium works.
    Can't even tell us who's building it. You wonder why people get pi??ed off with government. Don't do themselves any favours with telling tales.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Labour flyers say construction on the stadium has started. More lies lies lies from their spin machine. Why can't people proof read publicated documents. Even the infrastructure works can't be classed as the stadium works.
    Can't even tell us who's building it. You wonder why people get pi??ed off with government. Don't do themselves any favours with telling tales.
    Work has started on the stadium site, not on the stadium as you say, as far as the Government is concerned, building our stadium would have in the worst case scenario not have happened without a sympethetic Government or would have been delayed many months if it had been called in, good work by our local MP's
    Without the grant from the Northwest Develpement Agency (Government) could the club have found the extra money, by the way the Tory Party are getting rid of the Regional Agencies,

Work has started on the stadium site, not on the stadium as you say, as far as the Government is concerned, building our stadium would have in the worst case scenario not have happened without a sympethetic Government or would have been delayed many months if it had been called in, good work by our local MP's
    Without the grant from the Northwest Develpement Agency (Government) could the club have found the extra money, by the way the Tory Party are getting rid of the Regional Agencies,
    I was quoting the flyer stating saints stadium construction started. We don't know what is around the corner regards the government in charge as it's the stage where all parties will spin to get in. Think we can only see in time what a Tory mob would do if they do win.
    I think the stadium with the backing we have would have gone through regardless of who was in the chair. But like most on here I want to be in the chair of a new stadium. As it is I have now given up on next season like some as having a home until probably the playoffs now but the later it gets the more chance saints won't want it ready next year as they will pay for it's upkeep whilst not being used so start of the season after is probably what will happen

Banned

Without the grant from the Northwest Develpement Agency (Government) could the club have found the extra money
    The NWDA money wasn't extra money. The Council are now paying less into the pot.

The Tories will be no different from Labour in what they get rid of. It's called a trillion pounds worth of national debt.

All the vans and cars at the front on the site (peasley cross end) has been removed from site. So it wont be long now till we se some groundworks. I would say in the next couple of weeks there will be some works going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
    All the vans and cars at the front on the site (peasley cross end) has been removed from site. So it wont be long now till we se some groundworks. I would say in the next couple of weeks there will be some works going on.
    Be surprised if you do. Contract not yet awarded alledgedly so to get paper work sorted and men doing groundworks in a couple of week will need divine intervention.not to forget the size of site set up that will go in for the size of site. I'd guestimate mid June before it looks at the stage when you say at last it's starting.

Banned

july at the earliest i reckon , were at widnes for all 2011 get used to it people

Quote Originally Posted by stoneislander View Post
    july at the earliest i reckon , were at widnes for all 2011 get used to it people
    Have to agree in the main but for 2 games old Trafford an wemberlee.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    The NWDA money wasn't extra money. The Council are now paying less into the pot.

The Tories will be no different from Labour in what they get rid of. It's called a trillion pounds worth of national debt.
    The Tories are not getting rid of the grant system, just the regional aspect, regions will not have a fair share of any grant monies availiable, it will be a "free for all" any money availiable will be gobbled up by the Home Counties.

Councils do not put money in to help private developments, infrastructure yes, access roads trafic island etc.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    I was quoting the flyer stating saints stadium construction started. We don't know what is around the corner regards the government in charge as it's the stage where all parties will spin to get in. Think we can only see in time what a Tory mob would do if they do win.
    I think the stadium with the backing we have would have gone through regardless of who was in the chair. But like most on here I want to be in the chair of a new stadium. As it is I have now given up on next season like some as having a home until probably the playoffs now but the later it gets the more chance saints won't want it ready next year as they will pay for it's upkeep whilst not being used so start of the season after is probably what will happen
    I just cant help but think we have had massive support for our new stadium from local North West MP's, even Mandleson went on TV suppoting us.

The first big job to do is to fill in the Olympic size swimming pool which was under the batch plant and the lehr ends, it's massive. If you call work started being one digger on site for two half days last week, then yes it's started. By the way I work at JK Philips'
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by djgazza View Post
    The first big job to do is to fill in the Olympic size swimming pool which was under the batch plant and the lehr ends, it's massive. If you call work started being one digger on site for two half days last week, then yes it's started. By the way I work at JK Philips'
    You can say that again its one big concrete lake, it cant be seen from the road but that part of the site will be for parking, it shouldn't hold up any building once the warehouses are down.

You can say that again its one big concrete lake, it cant be seen from the road but that part of the site will be for parking, it shouldn't hold up any building once the warehouses are down.
    just checked out the pool on google maps,,that is a big pool,just out of intrest what was that used for in the past ????

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

The Tories are not getting rid of the grant system, just the regional aspect, regions will not have a fair share of any grant monies availiable, it will be a "free for all" any money availiable will be gobbled up by the Home Counties.

Councils do not put money in to help private developments, infrastructure yes, access roads trafic island etc.
    Whoever gets in will be getting rid of the regional development agencies.

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St.Ben View Post
    just checked out the pool on google maps,,that is a big pool,just out of intrest what was that used for in the past ????
    Earlier photos showing the plant and the location of the concreted area.

Here is a photo from the other day, as you say starting to fill up with water.