Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1828343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 2

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
    Does anyone know if they have stared on site yet?
    They've had a walk round if that counts. They will be writing war and piece before they start and I expect they'll be watching chemical teams and asbestos teams for a little while and then it will be all systems go( or should be)

Don't know anyone who has "Stared" there yet.

I have just been passed and the whole thing is up and we can move in on Monday

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I'm only pulling your leg love your work with the overlaying the plan onto the images
    its alright mate i know you lot are only joking, its no problem
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Got A Season Ticket The Captain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    I read that as meaning unallocated to current season ticket holders.

If you look the whole of the west terrace is coloured red , so is an allocated area. You cant have an allocated terrace space.

Similarly south stand is currently completely allocated to corporate people
    Thankfully wanderer has cleared it up and as I thought if you buy in the yellow areas you can sit where you want on matchday as at the JJB. This is how it was explained to me and I could have bought in one of the red areas and I dont have a season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I asked about this today when I went to the town centre. I was told that Saints had 'listened to the fans' and they had had such a vocal reaction against allocated seating that they have turned the two blocks at either end of the North Stand into unallocated seating with the central blocks remaining allocated. However, they may return the block to the right of the current allocated seating back into allocated seating if the demand for the same is high enough.

It was also explained to me why no seating is available in the South Stand at present. Apparently, the 12 corporate rooms along the South Stand have patio style doors which open on to balconies for people to watch the match outside, should they feel so inclined. This idea did not form part of the original plans. To facilitate these balconies, some seating in the South Stand has been lost and at present Saints are still awaiting confirmation as to what numbers the seats will be. So they do not want to start selling these seats to season ticket holders until they are sure exactly which ones are available. It sounded a bit of an unlikely explanation to me, but it was the one given in response to my question about why fans are not allowed to purchase tickets in the South Stand at present.
    So essentially what they are saying is if we are playing likes of Quins they know they wont sell the north stand out,and you will have a bit of room to move, however if its a big game were stand is likely to be full then you will have to sit in your specific seat number.

As for the latter part about exec boxes, the plans have long shown a separate seating area for the executive boxes in front of these boxes. There is also a special directors enclosure on the half way line.
    However the South stand has a capacity of over 5000 excluding this area.

To see the executive box seats just look at this link

http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.u...ageName=137376

You can clearly see that the plans state that there are 386 executive box seats.

What there is however are a number of restaurants and lounges which open onto the stand, and these will be for exclusive use of Premier club seat holders. These people will expect to get the "best" seats so to speak. Hence Saints will sell as many of these as possible by filling up the middle blocks. Then if there is any room left over it will be for regular fans to purchase the seats.

In The South Stand

Got told two week back that the contractor (didnt know the name then) was going to use the porta cabins currently being used now by Birse, and they are there till October I think, so its a while till Barr are on site.
    Demolition and ground work will take up to October, this is from Council officers, but things change.

Banned

As for the latter part about exec boxes, the plans have long shown a separate seating area for the executive boxes in front of these boxes. There is also a special directors enclosure on the half way line.
    They may have, but that is not what this guy was talking about. He was talking about seating being lost because they changed the plans to facilitate patio doors on to balconies for seats to be moved outside so that people in the boxes could watch the match from outside. Regardless of the seating area you mention, the balcony idea was not in the original plans and has resulted in a loss of seats in the North Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Got told two week back that the contractor (didnt know the name then) was going to use the porta cabins currently being used now by Birse, and they are there till October I think, so its a while till Barr are on site.
    Demolition and ground work will take up to October, this is from Council officers, but things change.
    This makes sense. Certainly a lot of demolition work yet to be done. It needs also bear in mind that it involves a lot of Asbestos.

Starting A Programme Collection

Forgive me if I sound completely uneducated and inexperienced in the world of building (it's cos I am!) but I was told that for some similar projects, parts of the stadia have been built off-site and then brought in. As such it could be a while before we see visible progress on site, but once it begins it really will take shape very quickly indeed?

Banned

This makes sense. Certainly a lot of demolition work yet to be done. It needs also bear in mind that it involves a lot of Asbestos.
    There will also be a lot of site cleansing as well. I reckon it's going to be a while before we see foundations laid.

Got A Season Ticket The Captain's Avatar

So essentially what they are saying is if we are playing likes of Quins they know they wont sell the north stand out,and you will have a bit of room to move, however if its a big game were stand is likely to be full then you will have to sit in your specific seat number.
    I think they are saying that tickets in the respective blocks will be sold before the season as allocated (a seat), or unallocated and you will have a ticket for that stand and can sit anywhere within it ( as we do at Wigan away ). I dont think it will change on a match for match basis, that would cause a nightmare.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    I think they are saying that tickets in the respective blocks will be sold before the season as allocated (a seat), or unallocated and you will have a ticket for that stand and can sit anywhere within it ( as we do at Wigan away ). I dont think it will change on a match for match basis, that would cause a nightmare.
    That's exactly right. If you buy in the unallocated sections then you have a seat there for the whole season but where you actually sit within the unallocated area will be entirely up to you. In the allocated area, you have to sit in your numbered seat each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    Forgive me if I sound completely uneducated and inexperienced in the world of building (it's cos I am!) but I was told that for some similar projects, parts of the stadia have been built off-site and then brought in. As such it could be a while before we see visible progress on site, but once it begins it really will take shape very quickly indeed?
    Steel,glass,cladding,roof and terraces are pretty much a jigsaw and you fill in the rest with block, plasterboards etc services and bigwig a lick of paint. Like other state it will be a slow start but then it'll be coming on pretty quick

They may have, but that is not what this guy was talking about. He was talking about seating being lost because they changed the plans to facilitate patio doors on to balconies for seats to be moved outside so that people in the boxes could watch the match from outside. Regardless of the seating area you mention, the balcony idea was not in the original plans and has resulted in a loss of seats in the North Stand.
    The seating capacity in the originally submitted plans for the South stand in 2008 was 5689, it was then amended in 2009 to incorporate the balconies along with an open air directors (Royal Box) seating area which has reduced the capacity to 5419. Of which 386 are for the executive box holders.
    This leaves just over 5000 seats for which the club presumably want to sell as many as possible as club tickets.

As an aside, the original North stand had a capacity of 4533 but this has been increased to 4677.
    Terrace capacity has also altered very slightly

There have been many tweeks to the plans, since the original planning committee back in 2008 for example the interior layout has changed quite a bit. The sports bar has been shrunk and turned into a cafe bar. There is also now a club shop/museum incorporated.
    The executive boxes originally where towards the west stand with the eastern side of the south stand being merely a large restaurant. This has now altered with the boxes having a central location and the restaurants/lounges book ending them onto the pitch.
    Last edited by The Chair Maker; 25th July 2010 at 21:44.

Banned

The sports bar has been shrunk and turned into a cafe bar.
    There is still a bar called the sports bar but it isn't for plebs. The cafe bar is separate to the sports bar.

The White Asbestos on the roof at UG is not hard to get rid of its not The Blue powdery stuff that causes all the decontamination problems so don't sweat on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    The White Asbestos on the roof at UG is not hard to get rid of its not The Blue powdery stuff that causes all the decontamination problems so don't sweat on that point.
    Similar process to get shut of. I'd expect it to be chrysotile ( White as you say). Same rules apply with men in suits and decontamination units etc. It is though the lesser of the 3 evils if you can say that.

There is still a bar called the sports bar but it isn't for plebs. The cafe bar is separate to the sports bar.
    What i was on about is the bar on the ground floor near the ticket office and club shop. That was originally touted as a sports bar, but changed to a cafe bar. I presume you are saying the sports bar is now located in the area for the premium club ticket members to gain exclusive access too?

What i was on about is the bar on the ground floor near the ticket office and club shop. That was originally touted as a sports bar, but changed to a cafe bar. I presume you are saying the sports bar is now located in the area for the premium club ticket members to gain exclusive access too?
    Can we have whichever is the cheaper bar? I'm sure I paid 3 quid for a pint at kr last week. It was a lager shandy though.

Starting A Programme Collection

What will they do to fill in all the huge holes that will be created after removing contaminated soil from the knotwood and the asbestos and the chemicals. Also is the stadium going to be at the same level as the old site is now and also wont disturbing the land from de-contamination make the ground unstable.
    I know asbestos isnt hard to remove in sheeting as we had a sheet in our garden when we moved in (the same that is on the ug roof) and they came in white suits and wrapped and sealed it and put it in the back of their van. But they will probably put the ones from the ug plant in red skips. And i should imagine (but not sure) when the ban for asbestos came in they would have removed all the bad/damadged asbestos. So this could make it easier this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Can we have whichever is the cheaper bar? I'm sure I paid 3 quid for a pint at kr last week. It was a lager shandy though.
    Tesco's next door.

Will probably do great deals on Ale

Tesco's next door.

I assume you mean at a corporate level. If you mean at a direct store level, your understanding of supermarket pricing requires reconstructing.

Tesco's next door.

Lol and there's me just thinking of the stadium. Hope there is some nice grass embankments for sitting on prior games.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

100 pages and counting, what a thread!!
    I only started it for the pictures , seems to have taken on a life of its own
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

In The South Stand

the original plan for the sports bar have indeed altered, its now a "cafe bar" they have lost half the area because a kitchen has had to be incorporated.

During one recent radio interview Colquitt said that there would be four bars on site, and that they could lease them out if need be for private function, to me that sounds like they are not your run of the mill concourse bars.