Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345671323 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 2

In The South Stand

the end of April before a contractor is named.

from the horses mouth.

Starting A Programme Collection

What, this april or next. lollollol

Got A Replica Shirt

[QUOTE=wardies love child;280319]
    Quote Originally Posted by garylager View Post
    Still no contractor announcement. I don't care how big they think the scheme is, there is no way on earth it takes over three month to analyse a tender, on a scheme like this it would be done in a matter of weeks. I wished they'd stop fobbing us of and treat the fans with some respect and tell us what the delay is. It's nearly a month now since they said a contractor would be appointed and at least three since the tenders were due back in.[/QUOTE

all those that submit a tender will have their documents scrutinised with toothcomb for errors or discrepancies. If errors are made the costs can be expensive to either or both parties. So many groups wil have tendered and all will be interviewed regards there tender. You cannot just pick one and run with it. The client has a legal obligation to have fair play amongst those who spent a lot of time effort and money to win this job. If tenders were only due in 3 weeks back as you state then you will probably wait a while longer yet. There will be a preferred bidder and 2nd no
    doubt but they have to interview all that were invited to tender under a fair play system shall I state. You maybe told who bid for it but not the winner by the lady named in a previous post.
    Gallifordtry are doing the bridge and were due to start in march but I guess it's design and build if plans only recently submitted as I knew about it 2 month ago as I work for them.
    Teaching how to suck eggs. Do it for a living. No way on earth does it take 3 to 4 months to analyse a tender, if i did that I wouldn't be doing it for a living much longer, i'd have my P45.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post

from the horses mouth.
    So why release a statement saying the next couple of weeks. Another delaying tactic.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the new stadium, it's just the way they keep the fans in the dark at saints.

Banned

I want to see a new ground as much as anyone but why do they have to tell us anything, st helens provide a product, rugby league, we pay them and there team performs for us! Their team performs at a rugby ground, we dont have to go there! Stop stressing , keep watchin the team and the ground will be here, lookin all shiny and new before we know it!

In The South Stand

[QUOTE=garylager;280363]
    Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post

Teaching how to suck eggs. Do it for a living. No way on earth does it take 3 to 4 months to analyse a tender, if i did that I wouldn't be doing it for a living much longer, i'd have my P45.
    I was on Construction Tenders site the other day, there a big job going down in Liverpool that has a tender period of 2/3 years.

The Saints stadium tender is still being looked at, and should be completed by the end of the month.

Learning All The Songs

We wont be in before August 1st 2011, and that's pushing it.

Are we surprised Forward/////**** up and Brewery come to mind.........Oh and sod the Fans

As long as we all think we'll be in start of 2012 season, then why is everyone so up in arms.

I mean, what does it matter we'll be playing away from home for something like 14 games next year that should be home games, and then the following year we are in a brand spankin new stadium.

Get a grip.

Banned

Lets tell them we don't need the ground and we're not interested, the ground will be up tomorrow!

from the horses mouth.
    Is this the same horse that told me March the 17th?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Number Two View Post
    Is this the same horse that told me March the 17th?
    PM on the way.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

spot on
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    As long as we all think we'll be in start of 2012 season, then why is everyone so up in arms.

I mean, what does it matter we'll be playing away from home for something like 14 games next year that should be home games, and then the following year we are in a brand spankin new stadium.

Get a grip.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Banned

lets not forget theres a third party to all tis namely tesco , who as a company are well known for screwing there suppliers for every penny they can , perhaps theyre not happy with part of the process or the price being quoted by builders

In The South Stand

Only two lanes open one either way on the link road this morning, cones everywhere.

Only two lanes open one either way on the link road this morning, cones everywhere.
    are they the inside lanes that are closed?. (Could be to install contraflo)

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post

Get a grip.
    Would you be so lax if you were getting a new extension built on your house?

Bottom line is we're promised a certain timeline. It's obvious that is, shall we say, optimistic. Then you propose the fans just shrug, shut up and stop moaning, as if this whole new stadium thing is none of our business, we are just consumers, take it or leave it.

Is that really our relationship with the club? Are we just casual consumers of entertainment like cinema goers or someone who buys a computer game? Because that's the way the club is treating us. - We're in Widnes, take it or leave it. Or then again we might not be in Widnes, it really is not your business to worry your tiny little brains over, just turn up and pay your money and shut up asking nuisance questions.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

OK everybody some pictures of the chaos round the stadium site,

first of all what they have done to the site so far

Macdonalds roundabout looking towards sherdley , only a short stretch of road down to one lane

looking up the hill towards macdonalds entering st Helens,from the bridge, there is aonly one lane closed coming IN, going up the hill seems clear

some shots of the site

looking past the site towards macdonalds roundabout

Mining monument roundabout loking towards KFC only one lane closed halfway along the road

towards macdonalds again

and finally looking towards Tescos
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

how come so many road closures?. I thought it would be just the stretch that runs past the UG entrance.

Road Closures? The only road that has been coned off Is The One that passes The Rear Entrance To UG Its the entrance the sand wagons used to feed the mixing plant.

sorry yes there are a few roads that are coned off, not just the main one but the one leading from KFC and sherdley park.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

yes but they are only coned for a few yards not all the way
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Is there much happening today?.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
    Is there much happening today?.
    They have fenced off the grass verge at the back of Carphone Warehouse.

They are putting two new pedestrian crossings in on the retail park getting ready for the rush to the carpark.