Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Saint View Post
    Yes I do, the club are no longer speculating on when a contractor will be appointed, they have announced that one has been appointed, things can officially get started (I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't been in place a few weeks an have had to wait to July to announce)

I reserve doubts on the length of the build, I hope Eamonn is right with July/August it just seems very quick to me.
    From what I hear the amount of time for the build is pretty standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    From what I hear the amount of time for the build is pretty standard.
    His words were (give or take) that it would be a 50 week build and that that is pretty standard for recent similar projects

Starting A Programme Collection

Yes but has other similar projects had as much pre-work as saints new stadium has.

Link to last nights manchester radio programe with Eamon Mac being interviewed about the stadium and new coach
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p008j7kr

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Doesn't sound like there will be that many games at Widnes if we play most of our away fixtures early in the season

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Doesn't sound like there will be that many games at Widnes if we play most of our away fixtures early in the season
    There are only 7 league games left in the season now.

Of which 4 are at home.
    So we are talking approximately half of all home games being played at Widnes. and this is if the RFL can ensure we only play home games from July onwards. This i doubt will be possible due to the number of clubs that share with soccer teams and are restricted on when they can play home games, eg Wigan, Huddersfield, Hull. Leeds also are affected by Cricket matches.
    Last edited by The Chair Maker; 2nd July 2010 at 21:28.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post

Of which 4 are at home.
    So we are talking approximately half of all games being played at Widnes. and this is if the RFL can ensure we only play home games from July onwards. This i doubt will be possible due to the number of clubs that share with soccer teams and are restricted on when they can play home games, eg Wigan, Huddersfield, Hull. Leeds also are affected by Cricket matches.
    I don't think he has said we will play ONLY homes games from July onwards. Just that we will play as many away games as possible up to July. We could really come home with a wet sail if we can hold our own away and at Widnes

Of which 4 are at home.
    So we are talking approximately half of all games being played at Widnes. and this is if the RFL can ensure we only play home games from July onwards. This i doubt will be possible due to the number of clubs that share with soccer teams and are restricted on when they can play home games, eg Wigan, Huddersfield, Hull. Leeds also are affected by Cricket matches.
    Wigan played most of the home games at the end of the season in '08, the league has set a precedent, they couldn't make that arrangement for one club

In The South Stand

Wigan played most of the home games at the end of the season in '08, the league has set a precedent, they couldn't make that arrangement for one club
    Wigan have been allowed on numerous occasions to play consecutive games away/home due to returfing of the DW Stadium pitch.

I'm sure Saints have got access to all the info about numbers of games they have allowed Wigan to do this, and will be using that as "evidence" to put their case forward.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    Wigan have been allowed on numerous occasions to play consecutive games away/home due to returfing of the DW Stadium pitch.

I'm sure Saints have got access to all the info about numbers of games they have allowed Wigan to do this, and will be using that as "evidence" to put their case forward.
    I agree that it can't be one rule for one so the RFL should allow us to back end our home matches al a Wigan. Of course the other argument as such is that the RFL are putting ridiculous amounts of weight on the need for shiny stadia and thats what we are doing.

But I'm not sure we need be that combative about it. Eammon said the RFL are warm to the idea so I can't see it being a major problem.

Its one thing playing two home games on the bounce. Its another thing having seven home games on the bounce.
    Even if the RL try to give more home fixtures at the back end of the season, we would probably only end up with 5 home fixtures out of a final 7 games.
    This is out of 13 home fixtures.
    This is provided Saints stadium is completed for the 1st July 2011.
    The actual build time is anything upto 60 weeks before penalty clauses kick in.

So at best we would be getting only one or two extra home games than would normally be the case.
    This is due to the fact stadium construction is starting so late in the SL season.
    Last edited by The Chair Maker; 2nd July 2010 at 14:28.

Its one thing playing two home games on the bounce. Its another thing having seven home games on the bounce.
    Even if the RL try to give more home fixtures at the back end of the season, we would probably only end up with 5 home fixtures out of a final 7 games.
    I think we need to stop the speculating and wait for next weeks announcement now. We know the majority of next season will be played on the road, we'll know a lot more next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    I think we need to stop the speculating and wait for next weeks announcement now. We know the majority of next season will be played on the road, we'll know a lot more next week.
    We hope

The Chairmaker is getting more and more like DD everyday l o l

So at best we would be getting only one or two extra home games than would normally be the case.
    This is due to the fact stadium construction is starting so late in the SL season.
    In 2009 Wigan played 7 out the first 10 rounds of superleague away from home, and therefore 7 out of the last 10 rounds of superleague at home.

im just highlighting fact that even by trying to play home games at backend of season, we will still be playing most of games at Widnes.

These are merely examples

Got A Season Ticket

In 2009 Wigan played 7 out the first 10 rounds of superleague away from home, and therefore 7 out of the last 10 rounds of superleague at home.
    You sure your facts are right? Please reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by saintjames View Post
    You sure your facts are right? Please reconsider.
    probably not, but why change the habit of a lifetime

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

I agree that it can't be one rule for one so the RFL should allow us to back end our home matches al a Wigan. Of course the other argument as such is that the RFL are putting ridiculous amounts of weight on the need for shiny stadia and thats what we are doing.

But I'm not sure we need be that combative about it. Eammon said the RFL are warm to the idea so I can't see it being a major problem.
    Unless it's Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Unless it's Leeds.
    Theres not even a rule for Leeds. It whatever suits them in the circumstances.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Theres not even a rule for Leeds. It whatever suits them in the circumstances.
    I stand corrected and you are right squire. I forgot the rhino factor and apologise.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

We won't really know a lot more.

The announcement is next week. Works start immediately. The contracted build was for 60 weeks but recent projects give hope it can be done quicker.

The majority of next season will be on the road, in terms of months away. It's just a case of whether the RFL or other clubs will allow us to tailor our fixture list to suit.

Personally, I see no reason why six of our last seven games could not be at home. Even if the fixture list is not built that way, I am sure the odd club could be persuaded to swap the fixtures around to suit. Whichever way you look at it, we are not going to know until the fixtures come out in late November.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    We won't really know a lot more.

The announcement is next week. Works start immediately. The contracted build was for 60 weeks but recent projects give hope it can be done quicker.

The majority of next season will be on the road, in terms of months away. It's just a case of whether the RFL or other clubs will allow us to tailor our fixture list to suit.

Personally, I see no reason why six of our last seven games could not be at home. Even if the fixture list is not built that way, I am sure the odd club could be persuaded to swap the fixtures around to suit. Whichever way you look at it, we are not going to know until the fixtures come out in late November.
    Sorry, but all next season will be "on the road" !

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by french and conlon View Post
    Sorry, but all next season will be "on the road" !
    If the stadium is finished in 52 weeks, then some games will be played at the new stadium, I believe the club are confident of a 52 week build.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    If the stadium is finished in 52 weeks, then some games will be played at the new stadium, I believe the club are confident of a 52 week build.
    I'd love to know just how many builds in the UK finish within the projected time. I'd be shocked if it was enough to justify confidence.