Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1234561222 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 2

Heard it might be ready next week

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    How many people with hi vis jackets are standing around watching all this go on?

There must be dozens
    They're in the que for the portaloo
    Your favourite worst nightmare

Example - Wont go quietly

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

Some pictures from today.

Last edited by Sceptical Ste; 1st April 2010 at 22:38. Reason: wrong format

Got A Season Ticket Naturalised_Yicker's Avatar

well it certainly looks like there's some promising activity......!

Last edited by Spider Ski; 4th April 2010 at 09:52.

Starting A Programme Collection

This week they should be stepping up a little ready for next week when total chaos is brought upon the town.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Cant have it both ways , a new stadium, and no chaos on the roads , its just part of the price we have to pay to get it
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

In The South Stand

Still no announcement yet of the Contractor to build the stadium.

Article in the Star with regard to the proposed bridge over the linkway.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/7..._stadium_site/

Planning application for the bridge.

http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.u...let?PKID=67814

Original stadium planning application.

http://212.248.225.150:8080/portal/s...let?PKID=50095

Decision Grant with Conditions Decision Date 12/02/2010
    is this right?.

I thought they granted permission last year

Banned

I don't understand this. Why are plans for the footbridge - which was part of the original proposal - only being submitted now?

In The South Stand

There not one soul on the link road site today, all the machines have gone and the gate is locked.

this doesnt sound good!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    There not one soul on the link road site today, all the machines have gone and the gate is locked.
    Easter holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I don't understand this. Why are plans for the footbridge - which was part of the original proposal - only being submitted now?
    Typical of The Star look at the planning application date it was on 12/3/2010. Star News? Don't make me laugh its old hat before they get round to printing half the stuff in there.

There might actually be nothing much happening from now till monday as it looks like they have dug out enough for the roundabout. The rest could be dug out at a later stage for the approach for the roundabout.

Got A Replica Shirt

Still no contractor announcement. I don't care how big they think the scheme is, there is no way on earth it takes over three month to analyse a tender, on a scheme like this it would be done in a matter of weeks. I wished they'd stop fobbing us of and treat the fans with some respect and tell us what the delay is. It's nearly a month now since they said a contractor would be appointed and at least three since the tenders were due back in.

There'll be reason for the delay just be patient

The club don't need to make an announcement about every little detail of the site development. If they were, you'd only see someone complaining that they talked too much about the stadium and not enough focus was on the team

I blame Potter....and Meli
    Your favourite worst nightmare

Example - Wont go quietly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dyer View Post
    I blame Potter....and Meli
    You're out of touch then. It's Scott Moore's fault now, didn't you know? ;-)

Approx 40 new documents added to the original planning application. These are for the linkway roundabout and parr street works. One of the new documents is for the road signs at the linkway roundabout with lots of references to the superstore.

I keep saying, they have this website that they haven't updated for donkeys years:

http://www.sthelensstadium.com/

Surely this could be used to keep us up to date with where the process is up to?

I've just lost count of the empty promises or missed dates now - the contract still hasnt been awarded, we've still had no fans forums and we've still had no fancy CGI images of the stadium - weren't these promised in 2009?

I know these things take time and no one is expecting instant progress but just communication to keep fans in the loop is all. A regularly updated blog on the above site would certainly stop me moaning.

In The South Stand

This is the person who will know whats going on, she did reply last week to one Email I sent, said she couldn't say who had got the contract at that time.

rebecca.noble@arcadis-uk.com

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

[QUOTE=garylager;280270]Still no contractor announcement. I don't care how big they think the scheme is, there is no way on earth it takes over three month to analyse a tender, on a scheme like this it would be done in a matter of weeks. I wished they'd stop fobbing us of and treat the fans with some respect and tell us what the delay is. It's nearly a month now since they said a contractor would be appointed and at least three since the tenders were due back in.[/QUOTE

all those that submit a tender will have their documents scrutinised with toothcomb for errors or discrepancies. If errors are made the costs can be expensive to either or both parties. So many groups wil have tendered and all will be interviewed regards there tender. You cannot just pick one and run with it. The client has a legal obligation to have fair play amongst those who spent a lot of time effort and money to win this job. If tenders were only due in 3 weeks back as you state then you will probably wait a while longer yet. There will be a preferred bidder and 2nd no
    doubt but they have to interview all that were invited to tender under a fair play system shall I state. You maybe told who bid for it but not the winner by the lady named in a previous post.
    Gallifordtry are doing the bridge and were due to start in march but I guess it's design and build if plans only recently submitted as I knew about it 2 month ago as I work for them.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

[QUOTE=wardies love child;280319]
    Quote Originally Posted by garylager View Post
    Still no contractor announcement. I don't care how big they think the scheme is, there is no way on earth it takes over three month to analyse a tender, on a scheme like this it would be done in a matter of weeks. I wished they'd stop fobbing us of and treat the fans with some respect and tell us what the delay is. It's nearly a month now since they said a contractor would be appointed and at least three since the tenders were due back in.[/QUOTE

all those that submit a tender will have their documents scrutinised with toothcomb for errors or discrepancies. If errors are made the costs can be expensive to either or both parties. So many groups wil have tendered and all will be interviewed regards there tender. You cannot just pick one and run with it. The client has a legal obligation to have fair play amongst those who spent a lot of time effort and money to win this job. If tenders were only due in 3 weeks back as you state then you will probably wait a while longer yet. There will be a preferred bidder and 2nd no
    doubt but they have to interview all that were invited to tender under a fair play system shall I state. You maybe told who bid for it but not the winner by the lady named in a previous post.
    Gallifordtry are doing the bridge and were due to start in march but I guess it's design and build if plans only recently submitted as I knew about it 2 month ago as I work for them.
    I understand your points mate, but as I said about 10 pages ago, most of the concerns are coming because of the way the club are handling the situation.

They are distancing the fans from the most exciting project to happen involving the club in 110 years, and it is deeply worrying that they do not realise the unrest its creating.

As said a couple of posts ago, a simple blog with regular updates - even if it just said a reason for a delay was scrutiny of the tenders, would only take second to do but would mean a great deal to the people who turn up week in week out.