Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172333 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 2

Looks good on a handheld device. Can I please have a link to the Council website so I can see it properly. Very sorry, my ISP is currently blocking Redvee, nothing sinister, just a slight technical glitch due to my details being stolen online.

Really sorry.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

A bridge that looks as good as that has got to lead to something special.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Looks good on a handheld device. Can I please have a link to the Council website so I can see it properly. Very sorry, my ISP is currently blocking Redvee, nothing sinister, just a slight technical glitch due to my details being stolen online.

Really sorry.
    http://llpgport.oltps.sthelens.gov.u...let?PKID=67814

Banned

Just emailed Rebecca Noble asking for an anticipated date for appointing a contractor and a target start on site date, received the below response -

Further to your email below I am not able to advise you of the start on site or contractor appointment date at this time - I suggest you contact me in a month.
    Regards
    Rebecca

Learning All The Songs

A month!!!!! Ffs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    A month!!!!! Ffs
    I honestly think everything will be ok regarding the stadium project. I'm sure more news will come out in June from the club and the developers that will ease our worries.

In The South Stand

Ever since the stadium got passed by the Council I have never doubted that it would get built, just when, I believe Phil Kinsella said a July start on the radio last night.

I was near the Car Phone Warehouse this morning and there was plenty of activity going on on the site. i.e. JCB's etc. Building work can't start until all or most the infra structure is in place. Once work has started it will be up in a flash. I have been watching the re-building of Queens Park Centre and as soon as the work started it was up in no time. Granted it is a much smaller operation but the speed the frame went up was amazing.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Ever since the stadium got passed by the Council I have never doubted that it would get built, just when, I believe Phil Kinsella said a July start on the radio last night.
    Its been a false dawn so many times its natural that we have a nagging doubt in backs of our minds. I know its been said before and will again but I just wish we could actually hear something from the club. Even if its a 'nothing new, everything is fine' would reassure us a bit.
    Sanctus Espiritus! Insanity is all around us...

Got A Season Ticket Paul Bishop's Avatar

I think the budget that was announced today could be a rationale for the silence on the stadium front.

Osborne has ripped up £1.7bn worth of existing contracts and projects and is set to reduce the cost of quangos by £600m.

For the RDAs, of which the Northwest Development Agency is stumping up circa £5m for the stadium, they will have to collectively share £270m in budget cuts between them this financial year.

RDAs also seem likely to be driven away from skills and regeneration activities and directed to focus on transformational business activities.

I'm not sure what impact the budget has on local authorities. I know a lot of people have posted that the council are paying for the roads and other associated infrastructure works but I also believe they have directly committed monies (circa £6m) for a community zone within the stadium.

As always, this is only what I can piece together from a quasi understanding of funding mechanisms in the region, happy to be proven wrong.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Indeed I have never doubted it will come, it's just a real shame IMO we should be celebrating our last season at Knowsley Road with the exciting prospect of starting next season at the new stadium instead of potentially roaming from place to place like the littlest hobo and reading the understandable doubt and frustration on here from various supporters.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bishop View Post
    I think the budget that was announced today could be a rationale for the silence on the stadium front.

Osborne has ripped up £1.7bn worth of existing contracts and projects and is set to reduce the cost of quangos by £600m.

For the RDAs, of which the Northwest Development Agency is stumping up circa £5m for the stadium, they will have to collectively share £270m in budget cuts between them this financial year.

RDAs also seem likely to be driven away from skills and regeneration activities and directed to focus on transformational business activities.

I'm not sure what impact the budget has on local authorities. I know a lot of people have posted that the council are paying for the roads and other associated infrastructure works but I also believe they have directly committed monies (circa £6m) for a community zone within the stadium.

As always, this is only what I can piece together from a quasi understanding of funding mechanisms in the region, happy to be proven wrong.
    The Stadium grant was awarded 6/8/08, so I should imagine thats safe.

The Stadium grant was awarded 6/8/08, so I should imagine thats safe.
    If the grants were awarded when you say which I don't dispute. The costs of the stadium will have risen considerably and a grant is not a risk pot scenario im thinking so who holds the risk pot as the cost of the stadium will have increased by a few quid. Still don't doubt it being built but when who knows but I now subscribe to no games next year unfortunatly.

Learning All The Songs

WLC
    Many building projects of this type have actually come down in price by a substantial amount over the last year or so. It is only in the last month or so that prices have started to rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    WLC
    Many building projects of this type have actually come down in price by a substantial amount over the last year or so. It is only in the last month or so that prices have started to rise again.
    Yes we are repricing quite alot of our stuff but the cost of the steel has shot up and I was thinking of the amount of steel in the frame and precast/insitu concrete. Cannot remember if there was a contingency fund mentioned when priced originally.
    We are all convinced I'm sure it will happen we just want to hear from a club source etc that everything is fine. Hearing nothing can and is obviously creating some negative feedback.
    Myself it's just that I'm keen to know who the builder is because it's my line of work and looks a decent project to follow from the outside looking in and seeing how they perform

In The South Stand

The latest badger survey has once again found no badgers, the interesting thing is that this survey has to be done not less than two months before construction starts, the survey was done the 24th of May.
    A survey was made on the 7th of March but construction was delayed, so this new survey had to be carried out.
    So it looks like they are looking at July to start the build, unless Arcadis drop another stitch.
    Last edited by doghead; 25th May 2010 at 23:52.

Learning All The Songs Chris Saint's Avatar

That suggests if it can start 2 months from last Monday and is a 60 week build its going to be the middle of September 2011 (if the 60 weeks includes a couple of weeks contingency)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Saint View Post
    That suggests if it can start 2 months from last Monday and is a 60 week build its going to be the middle of September 2011 (if the 60 weeks includes a couple of weeks contingency)
    I heard a little rumour we will be in the new stadium from August next year. I'd expect (hope) for an official timetable from the club at the end of June.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Saint View Post
    Just adding a few numbers up in my head Chris I will go with the 12th of July for a start date. The contractor could be named in a months time (earlier post) say the 21st of June.
    Building has to start within 8 weeks of the survey, that's what it says in the report or they have to do another.
    Unless of course Arcadis make a mess up again.

Learning All The Songs Chris Saint's Avatar

Unless of course Arcadis make a mess up again.
    Lets hope not, I seem to remember that Rebecca recently suggested she would be able to say more in a month - those dates do tally up with the survey and a July start barring any more problems

The warehouses on the side were the stadium and shop are going to be have now been fenced off (tuesday), so it looks like they're ready to come down
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by djgazza View Post
    The warehouses on the side were the stadium and shop are going to be have now been fenced off (tuesday), so it looks like they're ready to come down
    I checked Tuesday, nowt had altered then, good spot squire.

Posted earlier that fencing would be the first visible signs of work starting, it's one of the many pre-conditions that can effect the start date.

Starting A Programme Collection

How much pre-work is there to do besides demolition?.

Learning All The Songs

Demolition then checking for toxic ground and uncharted mine workings. Cross your fingers that there are no mines or poisoned soil there as that can hold things up considerably, depending on how bad it is of course.

BTW A large building project presently going on in the town centre recently found an uncharted coal mine. Concrete piles had to be inserted into the void for the new building to stand on. Held things up and cost extra money to fix.

Quote forward ref. Cross your fingers that there are no mines or poisoned soil there as that can hold things up considerably, depending on how bad it is of course.

As youngster I recall that on the Peasley Cross side of the development there used to be The Red Oxide works and the whole area used to be covered by a red powder if you walked over the works you would be covered in the stuff as I found out by The Hidings I had off my old fella for getting covered in it. So under that side of the development could be a whole load of crap that will have to be shifted before thing can start.

And with the piling comment I have just started an extention to the kitchen and have come upon bad ground that needs to be piled put the cost up by £3,600-00p not very pleased about that one.