Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131929 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 3

Small, you're kidding. It was an area under the old tanks and lehr ends. If there was a problem with the glass it was just thrown down there and recycled as cullet
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

Quote Originally Posted by djgazza View Post
    Small, you're kidding. It was an area under the old tanks and lehr ends. If there was a problem with the glass it was just thrown down there and recycled as cullet
    So it's pretty deep then or something?

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Sunday Update for you lovely people

As you can see apart from a little more tarmacing and laying some turf , the roundabout looks almost complete , well done to Birse for doing the work so quickly,
    Below is a small montage ive put together showing the warehouses before and after they started work it may not look it but there are two warhouses with no roof

Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Got A Season Ticket

When Bolton Wanderers built the reebok they had a gantry that you could climb up and view the progress... being sad I would regularly go up and watch the stadium take shape. Anyone know if we are doing anything like that???

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

Some photos

Well done Ste , great pictures
    Pre-Match drinks?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SCEPTICAL STE View Post
    Some photos

What is the upright cylindrical object in the 1st photo?I think i can see this from Billinge hill and i wondered if it was near to where the new stadium will be situated.

In The South Stand

Default Stadium Watch 3

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    What is the upright cylindrical object in the 1st photo?I think i can see this from Billinge hill and i wondered if it was near to where the new stadium will be situated.
    Its the new trophy cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    It is a gasometer and is situated opposite St. Helens retail park inbetween Peasley cross lane and Jackson street. Here is a photo taken from the disused railway line bridge which runs along the North end of the stadium, gives you a view of the distance from the stadium.

In The South Stand

It is a gasometer and is situated opposite St. Helens retail park inbetween Peasley cross lane and Jackson street. Here is a photo taken from the disused railway line bridge which runs along the North end of the stadium, gives you a view of the distance from the stadium.

when did you take that picture, is it recent.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    when did you take that picture, is it recent.
    No, took it last year when the retail park work was in progress.

In The South Stand

Work has started on the third roof this morning gallons of water being poured on the roof, a couple more heavy machines are now on site, one looks like a big drill / pile driver thingy,cant make it out to be honest.

Default Stadium Watch

Quote Originally Posted by SCEPTICAL STE
    This is the road that used to have annual road works complete with traffic lights, the works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Saint View Post
    It would have been great to have a stop right at the stadium especially considering a big part of the application was for public transport use, connecting the junction line to town centre (joining Yorkshire and Warrington) would have been useful and special rugby trains would be fun.
    From my understanding, the line goes no further than the Hays Chemicals sidings just after Baxter's Lane bridge and it was ripped up beyond that point many years ago. Google Maps satellite view would back that up and judging by the trees further down where the line was, it'd take a lot of time and money to resurrect a line. Maybe some silly billionaire could buy it all and build a tram service from Central to Junction calling at the Stadium and Morrisons?

Learning All The Songs Chris Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    From my understanding, the line goes no further than the Hays Chemicals sidings just after Baxter's Lane bridge and it was ripped up beyond that point many years ago. Google Maps satellite view would back that up and judging by the trees further down where the line was, it'd take a lot of time and money to resurrect a line. Maybe some silly billionaire could buy it all and build a tram service from Central to Junction calling at the Stadium and Morrisons?
    Morrisons would love that..... get a letter sent to Bradford HQ!! lol

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Some photos

Ahhhh - so things are coming down - hard to see from retail park . Soon be moving in

In The South Stand

As of this morning half of the third warehouse is down, the walls have also gone, you can now see right in at what they are doing, one machine is just cutting girders like they are chips.
    Two more JCB were being made ready to help with the demolition, at this rate it will be all down the end of next week.
    The only problem I can see is they are knocking it down faster than they can shift it.

The Island is now flying along, they are tarmacking the Widnes side this morning, cant see that there is much left to do with the road itself, there a crossing to put in yet, the Island now as a inner ring of tarmac with the middle soil.

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

One concern I have that may well have been brought up 30 pages back is the issue of having 3 substantial roundabouts so close to eachother. It can be busy enough heading onto the McDonalds roundabout at rush hour as it is now but I’d imagine the traffic attracted on gamedays would be greater.

Clearly people more educated on traffic planning will have gone over this but still I can imagine that particular stretch of road to be quite hectic on some occasions.

Learning All The Songs

The island is more for Tesco's use than Saints. Saints will not have much parking space next to the stadium. Plebs parking will be in the multi story near the world of glass, then walk across the new feature footbridge.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    The island is more for Tesco's use than Saints. Saints will not have much parking space next to the stadium. Plebs parking will be in the multi story near the world of glass, then walk across the new feature footbridge.
    and phase two, what ever that brings.

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    But still to get to that car park the majority will need to use the linkway, regardless of where they park it will still be a built up area. And too if just for Tesco then we all know how bad traffic gets up and down the linkway around Christmas time and the like - I can just see it getting really built up along that stretch of road.

Banned

Congestion is unavoidable on matchdays. I can't think of one stadium anywhere that doesn't create mayhem on the nearby roads, especially at the end of a match. It'll be a nightmare getting out of the multistorey but at least the roads directly around there aren't that busy. Still, it's pretty much all dual carriageway from the multistorey to the M62 so that should lesson the problem to a degree. It's probably the best that could be done without an on-site car park, the absence of which seems crazy but was probably solely a financial decision.

A quick midweek update as things are moving quickly now at the site

and a new notice on the fence

as you see things are indeed moving
    Pre-Match drinks?

They are getting a move on because word has gotten out that they are being filmed. Any slacking and these guys will be caught.

Birse knew it, and now Barr know it.

Learning All The Songs

One worker has already complained to 'elf n' safety because he's got sunburned down one side of his face with the constant camera flashes going off all day long.