Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3131920212223242526273343 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 3

Quote Originally Posted by amywinehouse View Post
    New Freemen are enrolled in a ceremony in the town hall, where they receive a guide to conducting their lives in an honourable fashion and an impressive sealed certificate. There are a number of rights traditionally but apocryphally associated with Freemen—the right to drive sheep and cattle through the town; to a silken rope, if hanged; to carry a naked sword in public; or that if the Police finds a freeman DRUNK and INCAPABLE, they will bundle him or her into a taxi and send them home rather than throw them into a cell. LOL
    Aren't they entitled to a free glass of beer in any pub?

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Dragging the thread kicking and screaming back OT

All the cones have gone from the road works except those blocking off the new lanes on the roundabout so its two lanes both ways now , should do wonders for the congestion round there
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Damn, I missed it! Did they flash their naked swords?
    Longy certainly did.

Not Saints, but Salford have now formally signed contracts on their new stadium.

There is a nice CGI film below of the new stadium

Its a 12k capcity ground. Like the look of the full length restaurant/corporate facility, if not the GREEN colour of the internal decor.
    Standing also behind both goals, and plenty of parking.

Only negative is the very close proximity to the sewage works which will probably make it quite a wiffy stadium

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    Not Saints, but Salford have now formally signed contracts on their new stadium.

Its a 12k capcity ground. Like the look of the full length restaurant/corporate facility, if not the GREEN colour of the internal decor.

Only negative is the very close proximity to the sewage works which will probably make it quite a wiffy stadium
    A bit like us at Widnes then?

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

so much for their initial images and visions of a 20k super stadium!!!

Been off work today so went down to the site to take some piccies and got chatting to some of the people onsite.

Some snipits of info.

The pitch will be laid out before the actual stands get built. Hence why all the land were the stadium is going is currently being levelled etc. Was told the pitch needs to be down 12 months before a match is played on it.
    Now by pitch i dont know if they mean actual grass or just all the drainage, soil etc.

Saints groundsmen has been given a job on site working for Barr. This was because he was laid off by Saints, due to their no longer being a ground for him to work on.
    Hopefully Saints will offer him back his old job when the stadium is finished.

Only thing found onsite so far by workmen are the small milk bottles, that people of a certain age will remember being given at school, before "Thatcher the milk snatcher" got rid of them.

Below are this weeks pics

As alluded to by Doghead earlier in this thread, the linkroad is now finally operating with two lanes open. The only cones are to stop people using the roundabout as a roundabout.

work going on near the "Lido" . Spot the top of a digger in what was the large pool of water.

laying tha gas mains

The cleared and levelled ground were the stadium is going, can clearly be seen.

In The South Stand

There was a load of grey pipes delivered yesterday, same size as the gas pipes about 18 inch, anybody know what grey are used for.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Default Stadium Watch 3

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    There was a load of grey pipes delivered yesterday, same size as the gas pipes about 18 inch, anybody know what grey are used for.
    I reckon that'll be the drainage and I'm assuming theyre concrete pipes

Banned

Some snipits of info.

The pitch will be laid out before the actual stands get built. Hence why all the land were the stadium is going is currently being levelled etc. Was told the pitch needs to be down 12 months before a match is played on it.
    Now by pitch i dont know if they mean actual grass or just all the drainage, soil etc.

Saints groundsmen has been given a job on site working for Barr. This was because he was laid off by Saints, due to their no longer being a ground for him to work on. Hopefully Saints will offer him back his old job when the stadium is finished.

Only thing found onsite so far by workmen are the small milk bottles, that people of a certain age will remember being given at school, before "Thatcher the milk snatcher" got rid of them.
    Loved the snippits of info. It makes it all feel much closer to home somehow! Glad the groundsman has a job and like you I hope he gets his job back with Saints once the new stadium is up and running. He did a great job at KR so far as I could see.

Banned

They've beaten us on that one! But it does look a nice little stadium, plenty big enough for Salford's needs I should think, unless a major expansion occurs.

Starting A Programme Collection

I just hope the ground on which the pitch is laid is free from contaminants. There was a spell in the eighties when a number of players up at Moss Lane were affected whebn the drains broke down under the first team pitch and some had septicaemia through cuts sustained when playing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I just hope the ground on which the pitch is laid is free from contaminants. There was a spell in the eighties when a number of players up at Moss Lane were affected whebn the drains broke down under the first team pitch and some had septicaemia through cuts sustained when playing.
    They'll make sure of that.

What concerns me is if the knotweed comes back. That would destroy the pitch very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    They'll make sure of that.

What concerns me is if the knotweed comes back. That would destroy the pitch very quickly.
    Takes 2 to 3 seasons to get rid of knotweed if your lucky. As you say if it is on the pitch then the same treatment would destroy the pitch. Therefore I would assume the pitch area will be non contaminated.
    Did I not read on here that the soil from Kr would be put into storage so it can be used again at Kr newbuild?

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Takes 2 to 3 seasons to get rid of knotweed if your lucky. As you say if it is on the pitch then the same treatment would destroy the pitch. Therefore I would assume the pitch area will be non contaminated.
    Did I not read on here that the soil from Kr would be put into storage so it can be used again at Kr newbuild?
    Just a small ceremonial sample from the centre of the pitch.

Just a small ceremonial sample from the centre of the pitch.
    Any reasoning to why the centre? I would have thought they'd take the club end where the ashes are spread( if information given to me is true regards the spread of ashes)

In The South Stand

I reckon that'll be the drainage and I'm assuming theyre concrete pipes
    Didn't look concrete, didn't have collars on. stored near the gas pipe job.

Banned

ther is a new treatment from aus that is said to get rid of knotweed within 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by oldshep1960 View Post
    ther is a new treatment from aus that is said to get rid of knotweed within 4 months.
    That'll double the budget then. What can we do without to pay for it.

In The South Stand

Any reasoning to why the centre? I would have thought they'd take the club end where the ashes are spread( if information given to me is true regards the spread of ashes)
    Ashes are scattered on the area near the main stand and not on the pitch,or at least thats how it was in february when my partners dad's ashes were scattered there

Noooobie

[Yeah I remember bolton fcs ground getting built they did the pitch first looked like a bowling green THEY had a metal fence around it so the builders couldnt go on it and then built the ground around it QUOTE=The Chair Maker;321788]Been off work today so went down to the site to take some piccies and got chatting to some of the people onsite.

Some snipits of info.

Saints groundsmen has been given a job on site working for Barr. This was because he was laid off by Saints, due to their no longer being a ground for him to work on.
    Hopefully Saints will offer him back his old job when the stadium is finished.

Below are this weeks pics

As alluded to by Doghead earlier in this thread, the linkroad is now finally operating with two lanes open. The only cones are to stop people using the roundabout as a roundabout.

work going on near the "Lido" . Spot the top of a digger in what was the large pool of water.

laying tha gas mains

The cleared and levelled ground were the stadium is going, can clearly be seen.

[/QUOTE]

Y

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

That'll double the budget then. What can we do without to pay for it.
    a fast top quality winger...

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

Some photos around the basement area.

That's deep.

That's deep.
    The old basement area beneath the furnace wasn't that deep only about 12 foot in english measurements dont know what that is in metric

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect