Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253141 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 3

Default Stadium Watch

Nice pics.
    Agree with the suicide crossing. It would've made more sense in this being the only crossing but should have lights on it. Maybe no crossing at all but instead having another bridge would've made even more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

No surprise over the suicide crossing. This IS St Helens Council we are talking about. There will have to be at least four deaths before they consider putting lights on the thing.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

the stupid thing is the light controlled crossing is less than 200 yards away, seems strange they decided to put them there rather than on the side where tescos and the stadium goes, as far as I see if you use the lights , you still have to cross the entrance road, to get to the store and stadium, seems like a recipe for disaster myself
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Learning All The Songs

Everybody had plenty of opportunity to raise these points during planning, why didn't you say something then?

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    Everybody had plenty of opportunity to raise these points during planning, why didn't you say something then?
    Feel free to read the thousands of pages of documents and point out to a lay person where exactly it shows in a specific document where crossings will be put and the nature of those crossings.

I'm sure it will be detailed. However the average person hasnt got the time to spend days reading through the fine print to look for something that may not be a good idea.
    You expect that the people who build roads take such matters into consideration when placing the location of crossings.

Banned

Um, because we didn't know that we were able/needed to? Was the whole town actually able to raise objections? So far as I know, it is usually only those directly affected by the building works who can raise objections. And I'm sure most people wouldn't have believed that even St Helens Council could be so stupid as to put an unmarked crossing across a dual carriageway between a stadium/supermarket and an area where food can be consumed. We should have known better, this being St Helens Council, but alas: we didn't.

However, while I can't speak for anyone else, now I do know better, I am going to write a letter to the Council and point out, in very polite terms, just how stupid an idea it is to do what they have done.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

I think you'll find like most things in life there is a set regulation regards crossings with European guidance(yep that's right). I think the foot path maybe segregated into 2 lanes which incorporates cycles also, hence the width. Did a similar scheme a few years back, so I'm not sure if same rules apply.
    So if complaining Wanderer it might have to be sent to Brussels.

In The South Stand

Looks like they are getting ready for some serious grouting, large grouting machine and big bore pipes are now on site.
    For the last three or four days drilling has been centered on what will be the front of Tesco, the little grouting thats has been done as just been to block up bore holes where no voids where found, this new machine is a lot bigger.

Got A Season Ticket

Where is the new pedestrian bridge is going?

Over the stretch of road between KFC and PC World
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by djgazza View Post
    Over the stretch of road between KFC and PC World
    I don't think thats correct. I was under the impression it came over from the town centre direction parallel to the un-used rail bridge.

er that IS between the KFC and PC World

heres a plan
    http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthr...m-Watch/page98
    Pre-Match drinks?

Learning All The Songs

I don't understand GF???? The footbridge on those plans goes across linkway E. But PC World and KFC is over the other side of the A570.

I assumed DJG was replying to scousedave. Are you talking about something else?

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Stadium Watch 3

What you said b4 is correct but also the plans above are correct. The foot bridge will cross linkway east. The same stretch that runs from pc world roundabout to KFC roundabout.

Learning All The Songs Wellensisno1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    No surprise over the suicide crossing. This IS St Helens Council we are talking about. There will have to be at least four deaths before they consider putting lights on the thing.
    Was it Darwins theory of natural selection? Maybe the Council are followers?
    Jammer for Captain!

In The South Stand

The foot bridge will be from Lyons Yard on the other side of the canal from the town centre, to the left of the bottle shop as you cross, the main doors of Tesco will be almost imediately to your left as you cross.

Anyway had a look at the site this morning, hardly any drilling has been done where the stadium is to be sited, this ties in with what CABE said about the site being ok where the stadium is going.
    This morning they have a roller on the stadium side of the site flattening out all the bumps and ruts, anybody know the procedure from here on.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    The foot bridge will be from Lyons Yard on the other side of the canal from the town centre, to the left of the bottle shop as you cross, the main doors of Tesco will be almost imediately to your left as you cross.

Anyway had a look at the site this morning, hardly any drilling has been done where the stadium is to be sited, this ties in with what CABE said about the site being ok where the stadium is going.
    This morning they have a roller on the stadium side of the site flattening out all the bumps and ruts, anybody know the procedure from here on.
    I posted things a few pages back (probably 20) of timescales.

here they are

8th November commencement of remediation Work (this is removing contaminants, draining land etc)
    13th December commencement of ground improvements for construction phase ( suspect this is leveling the site, landscaping etc)
    24th January commencement of Piling operations ( Piling is done for the foundations, it usually involves lots of concrete)

Now if they have started levelling the site it maybe that they are around a month ahead of schedule at present

I don't understand GF???? The footbridge on those plans goes across linkway E. But PC World and KFC is over the other side of the A570.

I assumed DJG was replying to scousedave. Are you talking about something else?
    No mate the KFC is at the other end of the link rd by kwikfit at the end of Peasley cross lane , its not on the retail park thats Burger king
    Pre-Match drinks?

The Drainage of the lido is taking place, Ive seen big machines in the hole and the office has been vibrating again
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

Starting A Programme Collection

What is happening with the few remaining buildings/ are they to be demolished. And the gas stations aswell, are they to go?

Quote Originally Posted by djgazza View Post
    The Drainage of the lido is taking place, Ive seen big machines in the hole and the office has been vibrating again
    There goes my free weekend swim

In The South Stand

They are still rolling the PX end of the site but there has been loads of "muck" as my mate calls it dumped on that end of the site, the mate said they will level the site out with this muck. also another giant Volvo digger brought on site this morning.
    One of the bigger trenches near the bottle shop was being filled in as I watched, most of the work is being done is behind the "here we go" sign, three machine's are still drilling in what is a small space.

Can i bring to your attention a brand new website

http://www.the-new-sthelens-stadium.co.uk/

This is different from the Saints website and shows webcams views of the development, says were things are in the project, and also has Barrs own photos of the work.
    Last edited by The Chair Maker; 20th November 2010 at 15:13.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Instant pics upto date. Fantastic. May even get a picture of our resident photographers hiding in the background.

This weeks piccies.

Spot the levelled ground in the distance

Here you can see more closely where the ground has been levelled and compacted

The roller thats been doing the work

Looking for voids and grouting near the new roundabout

This sign at the site entrance says it all.