Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891525 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 3

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Carried my old fella out of the old Groves's pit (Ravenhead) once when he got injured, did Terry, he must be a good age.
    I think he must be about 76.

Starting A Programme Collection

just been passed the site via PX and there is a metal fence going from the warehouses right down to PX road and there are a few small containers being unloaded/loaded.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
    just been passed the site via PX and there is a metal fence going from the warehouses right down to PX road and there are a few small containers being unloaded/loaded.
    Had a look this morning, as you have said they are still putting the fence in place along Warrington Old Road.

Don't know how true it is but there is a post on rlfans saying everything has ground to a halt (allegedly) as the council and saints are argueing over who will pay for the CCTV to protect the site. Surley this can't be true as all this would have been done and dusted beforehand. I thought the contracters would sort that out anyway.

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    Don't know how true it is but there is a post on rlfans saying everything has ground to a halt (allegedly) as the council and saints are argueing over who will pay for the CCTV to protect the site. Surley this can't be true as all this would have been done and dusted beforehand. I thought the contracters would sort that out anyway.
    I took that post as a 100% p1ss take.

CCTV and Site Security will be down to The Site Development Company and will have nothing whatsoever to do with Saints or The Council.

Learning All The Songs

Ha ha ha, that's really funny considering not even a traffic cone can move on that site without at least three people taking its photograph.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    It was a Goon mate so ignore the bugger.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    CCTV and Site Security will be down to The Site Development Company and will have nothing whatsoever to do with Saints or The Council.
    correct.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

JCB camwatch. Grand a week will sort that site out. Get your hands on the software and pass word and you've got reality construction. Just set up 2'sites with it and I'm told it's quality

Demolition starts next Monday and then 15 months to build the ground. Was looking at the paperwork in our office this afternoon. cctv is already in place on the site and the security lodge has been commandeered. So that's already sorted

Your on site correspondent

Gazza
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by djgazza View Post
    Demolition starts next Monday and then 15 months to build the ground. Was looking at the paperwork in our office this afternoon. cctv is already in place on the site and the security lodge has been commandeered. So that's already sorted

Your on site correspondent

Gazza
    Where did you get your info from mate.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by cjhatesunion View Post
    Where did you get your info from mate.
    Think he works for the haulage company that is on the UGB site.

Spot on Mr.DH
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

Learning All The Songs

So in theory we could have the boxing day derby at the new ground in 2011 therefore proving the club right when they said we would be definitely in there by 2010 ;-)

I would imagine though that the pitch itself would not be sturdy enough to play on having been laid in mid winter?????

In fact I've just contacted the club and they said the boxing day 2011 game at the new ground is on but you're too late as it has sold out ;-)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Fifteen months to build the ground after demolition? That's one hell of a programme extension from the one I saw. Last I heard it was 62 weeks all in from July 2010!!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Fifteen months to build the ground after demolition? That's one hell of a programme extension from the one I saw. Last I heard it was 62 weeks all in from July 2010!!
    Wouldnt surprise me if they have gone for a slower and possibly cheaper build than originally intended, once they knew they were not going to be ready for the 2011 season.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    Wouldnt surprise me if they have gone for a slower and possibly cheaper build than originally intended, once they knew they were not going to be ready for the 2011 season.
    Maybe it's now tesco come first and were bridesmaids now we have a home for a year and abit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    My guess is that either someone somewhere doesn't know what they are talking about or someone somewhere hopes we will all be so confused by the mixed messages we won't notice when we don't move out of Widnes at the end of next season!

In The South Stand

You have to remember this is a letter sent to an haulage firm that shares an area of land that will shortly become a massive building site.
    The haulage firm are being notified of the start date, and how long they will be inconvenienced, contractors may well be still on site well after the stadium is built, also I have never heard of a date for the completion of the Tesco store.

Starting A Programme Collection

What do you think they'll do? Take off the asbestos roofing and siding first and then demolish the rest afterwards. Or just rip the whole thing down, as they have asbestos to remove from the land aswell. Also is JK Philips moving aswell? I heard a few months ago they were moving to Jackson Street, and they were ripping down were JK's is now and turning it into either car parking or another development from Langtree

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Maybe it's now tesco come first and were bridesmaids now we have a home for a year and abit
    That was ALWAYS the case. Don't believe everyone shares our emotions about the Stadium.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
    What do you think they'll do? Take off the asbestos roofing and siding first and then demolish the rest afterwards. Or just rip the whole thing down, as they have asbestos to remove from the land aswell. Also is JK Philips moving aswell? I heard a few months ago they were moving to Jackson Street, and they were ripping down were JK's is now and turning it into either car parking or another development from Langtree
    The mate who has just retired from the council, and whose job was concerned with new build said that the asbestos will be removed first.
    He nipped into his old office last week and talk was of Phase 2 being developed and of JK philips.

Learning All The Songs Chris Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    That was ALWAYS the case. Don't believe everyone shares our emotions about the Stadium.
    With the money they are no doubt providing the project they are the main party I agree

But isn't it in the planning that they cannot open before the stadium is built, without providing cash to complete that stadium? I don't imagine they would want to pay extra unless the stadium build ran into major financial trouble and caused big delays to store opening.

Learning All The Songs Wellensisno1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    Slower is not necessarily cheaper. The longer the contractor is on site, the higher the site prelims. It is in everyones interests to spend minimise the programme and reduce costs. I am sure there will be all sorts of penalties in place for not meeting deadlines.

It is worth noting as elsewhere noted in the thread that the stadium is not the only construction on the site.
    Jammer for Captain!