Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: todays games

Got A Replica Shirt

Default todays games

wire battering quins 60 8 and bulls beating cas 18 8

All set up nicely for next Friday's 2 big games then.

Got A Replica Shirt

now 66 6 and 18 14

Starting A Programme Collection 100% Saint's Avatar

18 - 14 now.

Wire have hit 72 points past quins

Got A Replica Shirt

the way its going wire could stick 100 on them

Banned

Quins have embarrassed themselves. Maybe their win against us went to their heads a bit?

From the Twitter reports, it sounds like the Bradford-Cas match has been of a very low quality. Lots of knock ons.

Got A Replica Shirt

wire finished 82 6

Banned

That is terrible for the game. I really thought we had seen an end to that kind of scoreline. Powell is going to have one heck of a job turning them around from that. A few seriously kicked arses may be a start! (Not that I advocate physical violence, obviously; just metaphorically speaking of course)

Got A Replica Shirt

bulls win 18 14 good win for bradford make for a good game friday both teams coming off goods wins potter returning but just think after yesterday win we will win easy on friday and players will put a show on for the fans and get first home win

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

It goes to show how bad we were last week. I know they've had a good start to the season but they are average at best.

Got A Season Ticket

Quins struggle to back up after the cup and grand final last week. lol

Radio Manchester had the Wire game on for the first half and updates after. The commentator said it was the poorest performance he had seen from a SL team. He said they spilt ball when not under pressure and generally couldn't string two passes together. etc. Good job it wasn't a televised match or everyone bar Warrington fans would have switched off I think. Why couldn't they have played like that against us. - we might have stood a chance then.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    Why couldn't they have played like that against us. - we might have stood a chance then.
    Better that they didn't. No cracks papered over.

It's possible they were carried away with their wins so far and forgot that a win takes defence! I feel sorry for the Quins fans. They got their hopes up after years of dross. I hope for their sake that the Wire match was just a blip - albeit a humiliating one - and that Quins players will get their acts together and win next week. RL needs a competitive London side, not an embarrassing one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I feel sorry for the Quins fans. They got their hopes up after years of dross. I hope for their sake that the Wire match was just a blip - albeit a humiliating one - and that Quins players will get their acts together and win next week. RL needs a competitive London side, not an embarrassing one.
    It happens. An awful defeat, but it needn't define their season. They still have a good W-L record and although they got pasted today it is a long season. Their aim at the start of the year must have been to sneak into the 8, and that will still be the same. There was no way they were going to stay up near the top and maybe this defeat will make them realise their limitations. Other teams have received hammerings over the years (we lost 70-0 at Leeds remember) and have bounced back. If they win half their games (and maybe not even that) from now on they'll make the play-offs, so it isn't all bad news for them.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    That is terrible for the game. I really thought we had seen an end to that kind of scoreline. Powell is going to have one heck of a job turning them around from that. A few seriously kicked arses may be a start! (Not that I advocate physical violence, obviously; just metaphorically speaking of course)
    It's a one off. It would be bad for the game if it was a regular occurance but this is a team who have beaten Leeds and Saints convincingly on their own turf so it's not as if they are a regular embarrassment.

At the end of the day, it just goes to demonstrate how good a side Warrington are at the moment.

I hate to say it but Wigan and Wire are way ahead of the rest at the moment.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Learning All The Songs Chris Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    It's a one off. It would be bad for the game if it was a regular occurance but this is a team who have beaten Leeds and Saints convincingly on their own turf so it's not as if they are a regular embarrassment.

At the end of the day, it just goes to demonstrate how good a side Warrington are at the moment.

Better saying it in March than September/October...

I do echo your sentiments at the moment, had we played Qunis today we would probably have had a scoreline of around 42-20 whereas had Warrington played them last week they would have probably won fairly comfortably.

But on the flip side its only 6 games in and look what Huddersfield did to Warrington in Cardiff, yes Wire had suffered injuries by the end but they where already well beaten, and Hull KR should have put them away in week 2, yes it was a Wire gutsy comeback but their poor play had them behind all game.

And Wigan, outstanding on Friday but already this year they let us back from 0-16 when we were buried, struggled against Hull for 70mins (prior to the sending off - which seemed to make them better) and didn't exactly put Salford to the sword considering what we did.

They are the current benchmark but its not a grand canyon sized gap between standards...yet.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post

If Saints had put that performance in,this board would have been full of posts about us peaking too early,not being able to maintain the high standard through the season and have we learned nothing,its how you perform at the end of the season,not the start of it!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Don't forget that Quins are coming in on the back of games against Leeds, Huddersfield and Saints, a big deal for a team that is not considered a contender and who aren't used to backing up and winning these type of games consistently. It takes alot to play such good teams back to back and compete, and so early in the season I wouldn't blame them for having a 'come-down' week when they just wilted and got a good beating.

It may have taken alot out of them playing those three games back to back and after picking up two wins from three this may have been a game too far. They've played four of the best five teams in the country in successive weeks (three of them away) and picked up 2 wins and 2 losses. For a team tipped to finish bottom 2 or 3 that is a very good outcome, regardless of the result today.

I would still tip them for top 8 given what they've done so far. If they let today define their season then shame on them, it's one result and they should forget about it and be proud of what they've done so far before today.