Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastmond Suspended???

Noooobie

we have just got season tickets for all our familly ! we come from kyles home town off oldham and the first two home games we have been disgusted with his attitude and disrespect for his fans !!! these are the people who make players like him !!!! so what if he goes now saints will hopefully play better without him !!! at least the other players wont have to carry him !!!

Got A Season Ticket Motherwell Saint's Avatar

I would assume that he has been suspended for a good deal more than allegedly gesturing to fans. If his attitude and application has been lacking and he has been causing problems in the dressing room then perhaps its best that he's no longer part of the team. Maybe his presence in the team has been the catalyst for the poor form, especially if he has been a disruptive influence. Time will tell I suppose......

In The South Stand

the club does have a high moral code - they sacked Millward for swearing.

I suspect it will be more than that though, to make the charge stick. Presumably the end game is to sack him without having to pay him off, so I guess they have more stuff on him that will be disclosed in due course.

Having said that, they could probably find something on every player that would class as misconduct if they wanted to get rid of them.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I just hope he continues to give "100%" whilst he's suspended
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

Starting A Programme Collection iwonthebomb's Avatar

Forgive me for my new thread which is essentially this one! Long Day (no pun intended!)

I'm actually pretty sad that his career with us is descending into this. He should have been able to walk out of the club with his head held high, it that looks increasingly unlikely now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    the club does have a high moral code - they sacked Millward for swearing.
    Milward was sacked for a lot more than swearing.

His behaviour by those who witnessed things, went beyond a simple "eff and a jeff"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Edited - Div You are correct buddy !

.....and this is when threads get locked, we're never short of a new moron!
    Last edited by Div; 16th March 2011 at 12:58.

Learning All The Songs

this kid has been a complete fool to himself,talent to burn but sadly he`ll be remembered for all the wrong reasons

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    Milward was sacked for a lot more than swearing.

His behaviour by those who witnessed things, went beyond a simple "eff and a jeff"
    Correct, I was nea rhim once and he said balls, wee and shyt... pretty much sealed his fate that day.
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sydney2002 View Post
    Correct, I was nea rhim once and he said balls, wee and shyt... pretty much sealed his fate that day.
    Surely all Aussies swear?

Well we are making the news today are'nt we. Just looked at the bottom of the RedVee thread page and there are over 300 members and guests browsing the site. lol all looking / speculating at this thread I presume.

Starting A Programme Collection luckysaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smiggy View Post
    Serious misconduct for claiming to be a scrum half.
    lol!!!!!!!!!!
    McManus cider, MMMmmmmm refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Surely all Aussies swear?
    Yeh, but "balls, wee and shyt...", that's one step too far....

Starting A Programme Collection

Hopefully this means we have grounds to sack him and hence not have to pay him a penny. It would be even sweeter if it meant we could bring Cronk over a year earlier than expected but I cant see that happening
    2011 Season Bet

Huntingtons: Wigan to win the GF

Barney Rubble: Anyone else

£50 to the Steve Prescott Fund

Learning All The Songs

As others have said I think this a lot more than a gesture to the crowd. At the end of the Quins game you could see Wellens screaming at him over something. My guess would be that there's been a real bust up between Kyle and either another player or one of the coaches (I can imagine a local guy like KC would have had more than a word or 2 about pride in playing for Saints).
    Saints wont miss him at all for Leeds and I actually reckon the atmosphere will be much improved with him out of the way causing a distraction.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    I actually reckon the atmosphere will be much improved with him out of the way causing a distraction.
    I think that is the one absolute certainty in all this.

Got A Season Ticket little_frank's Avatar

[QUOTE=sydney2002;338572] it seems most saying he stuck his thumb over his back in a " thats my name bitach" kinda way...QUOTE]

You mean in a Lambeth Walk kind of way ..... Oi
    "F--k me, that water's never 15 deg.C" - little_frank

Banned

Hmm.

Let's hope that no matter what it is that Kyle might or might not have done, he will not play against Leeds and instead an opportunity is given to one of our halfbacks who at least shows commitment to the cause. I don't think that could be worse than having a player on the pitch who isn't engaging at all.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    I think that is the one absolute certainty in all this.
    I must admit. i stuck up for Eastmond at the start of this sorry old saga, and unfortunately I gave him too much credit as a human being. I assumed that he would still try and be a valuable part of the team. I am thoroughly disgusted with his attitude and contempt for the fans that pay his wages.

I also feel very sorry for Royce. He has come over here with in my opinion a good attitude and a determination to do well for the club. He has had to suffer the tragic loss of his father, and also had to put up with the whole sorry saga of Eastmond. It is also going to be very difficult for him to find a replacement at this stage of this season.

As others have mentioned, the atmosphere at Leeds will undoubtedly be better, and I feel we will see a more united and determined team with everybody pulling for each other and giving 100%.

We are in adversity at the moment and the fans really have to get behind the club, and the players and show on Saturday and over the next few games that we really care for the club.

Hopefully we will take a good support through there on Saturday and show a real united front.

COYS

At a recent forum 2 former Saints greats gave the distinct impression that they had ill feelings towards Kyle. If thats how former team-mates feel I wonder what current team mates feel? And that was before he announced his departure to Yawnion.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    I must admit. i stuck up for Eastmond at the start of this sorry old saga, and unfortunately I gave him too much credit as a human being. I assumed that he would still try and be a valuable part of the team. I am thoroughly disgusted with his attitude and contempt for the fans that pay his wages.

I also feel very sorry for Royce. He has come over here with in my opinion a good attitude and a determination to do well for the club. He has had to suffer the tragic loss of his father, and also had to put up with the whole sorry saga of Eastmond. It is also going to be very difficult for him to find a replacement at this stage of this season.

As others have mentioned, the atmosphere at Leeds will undoubtedly be better, and I feel we will see a more united and determined team with everybody pulling for each other and giving 100%.

We are in adversity at the moment and the fans really have to get behind the club, and the players and show on Saturday and over the next few games that we really care for the club.

Hopefully we will take a good support through there on Saturday and show a real united front.

COYS
    Spot on, I agree with everything in this post.
    I really hope that the performance on Saturday is back to a typical Saints performance.
    Think back to the Wigan away game last year when very few people thought we would win and then we turned them over.
    I can really see us winning on Saturday no matter who plays half back in Kyle's place.
    Unfortunately I cant go on Saturday as I am in London but I hope we get a decent following, which I am sure we will. I will be cheering in front of the tele (assuming I can find one showing the rugby instead of some sh!te football game!!)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I was also one of those who stuck up for him at first and argued with those people who were calling for him to be dropped immediately. After this latest setback, the only words I can think of are "good riddance you little sh!t." I think that sums up my mood perfectly.

Learning All The Songs Barney Rubble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post

COYS
    Pretty much my thoughts too. Spot on !
    And on the eighth day he created The Saints and he said " Go forth and entertain !"

Quote Originally Posted by superdom View Post
    It needs to be sorted sharpish.
    Before the weekend.
    No dilly dallying.
    If he has cocked up somehow, then just get the damned thing sorted, and let us concentrate on rugby league.
    Don't hold your breath. Its been nearly 3 weeks now and we don't know for certain if Gleeson is still our player!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMiners View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Its been nearly 3 weeks now and we don't know for certain if Gleeson is still our player!
    Was about 5 days between Millward's suspension and his sacking.

I doubt we'll hear anything before Saturday, but we'll have an announcement next week at the latest IMO.