Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: team for quins

I'd go:

Wellens, Gardner, Shenton, Lomax, Meli, Gaskell, Eastmond

Graham, Roby, LMS, Clough, Dixon, Flannery

Puletua, Perry, Moore, Magennis (personally wouldn't have another back on the bench, especially with Perry coming back)

In The West Stand

He'll be very disappointed to miss out against his old club, but I feel LMS will be rested tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    He'll be very disappointed to miss out against his old club, but I feel LMS will be rested tomorrow.
    If he is rested then that will put pressure on the youngsters as it would mean having to start 2 youngsters in the second row

No LMS tomorrow.

Just said on his twitter that he is gutted to not be playing tomorrow. So....

Forwards: Graham, Roby, Puletua, Dixon, Flannery, Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Just said on his twitter that he is gutted to not be playing tomorrow. So....

Forwards: Graham, Roby, Puletua, Dixon, Flannery, Moore
    nearly right, forwards are as follows graham, roby, perry, clough, flannery. dixon and moore on bench
    love lying under the SAINTS

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

I'd like to see this team tonight :

1 Wellens

2 Gardner
    3 Shenton
    4 Meli
    5 Foster

6 Gaskell
    7 Eastmond

8 Graham
    9 Roby
    10 Perry
    11 Dixon
    12 Clough
    13 Flannery

14 Moore
    15 Ashurst/Magennis
    16 Puletua
    17 Lomax

Prefer Meli and Foster as the the left side combination. Jamie would be kicker too.
    TP impact off the bench and Lomax can come on where ever he's needed.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Quote Originally Posted by noonesaint View Post
    nearly right, forwards are as follows graham, roby, perry, clough, flannery. dixon and moore on bench
    Well that leaves an odd question: who will come off the bench to replace graham and Perry then if Clough is our starting second row?

TP and who else?

Banned

Well that leaves an odd question: who will come off the bench to replace graham and Perry then if Clough is our starting second row?

TP and who else?
    Ashurst will be playing won't he? I would imagine Moore will be at loose, to cover Wilkin. Clough will be playing prop.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Ashurst will be playing won't he? I would imagine Moore will be at loose, to cover Wilkin. Clough will be playing prop.
    This means that one of the forwards (I'm guessing Graham) will have to do a longer spell than usual then.

It would have been easier to have TP and Clough coming off the bench rather than Clough starting in the back row and having to be changed when our forwards need a rest.

This means that one of the forwards (I'm guessing Graham) will have to do a longer spell than usual then.

It would have been easier to have TP and Clough coming off the bench rather than Clough starting in the back row and having to be changed when our forwards need a rest.
    If Moore starts then from the team list of MachineGunFunk, Flannery would go to 2nd row, Moore at loose forward and then Clough would go on the bench. Him and TP can then spell the starting props.

Quote Originally Posted by hazzo21 View Post
    If Moore starts then from the team list of MachineGunFunk, Flannery would go to 2nd row, Moore at loose forward and then Clough would go on the bench. Him and TP can then spell the starting props.
    But Moore isn't starting according to noonesaint, he seems to have some sort of inside information as he gets team selections right.

But Moore isn't starting according to noonesaint, he seems to have some sort of inside information as he gets team selections right.
    Sorry, I was just looking at the latest post. If noonesaint is correct then fair enough. Maybe once one of the substitues come on the Clough will move up to prop.
    Does noonesaint mean dixon and moore on the bench? If so then there are only 5 forwards named in the starting pack!

Learning All The Songs The Hoss's Avatar

I wouldnt risk LMS tonight and risk losing him for a few weeks... Graham and Puletua will start prop for me with Perry and Clough on the bench.
    St. Helens RLFC.... Its your team... And your team needs YOU! :saint:

Sorry, I was just looking at the latest post. If noonesaint is correct then fair enough. Maybe once one of the substitues come on the Clough will move up to prop.
    Does noonesaint mean dixon and moore on the bench? If so then there are only 5 forwards named in the starting pack!
    Well he predicted Gardner to be on the bench and he was after people on here laughed at him so he normally is right. Although I'm sure we will have 6 forwards haha

Tough spell for Cloughy then if he is right.

Well he predicted Gardner to be on the bench and he was after people on here laughed at him so he normally is right. Although I'm sure we will have 6 forwards haha
    Lets hope so, its bad enough with all the injuries, never mind if we start with 12!!!

[/QUOTE]Tough spell for Cloughy then if he is right.[/QUOTE]

I agree, although I am sure he will handle it. I have been very impressed with him this season. He does a lot of work that mostly goes unnoticed. He seems to have lost some bulk (someone told me he had lost 2 stone in pre-season, not sure if true) but gained in strength. Not a bad way to go!!

I agree, although I am sure he will handle it. I have been very impressed with him this season. He does a lot of work that mostly goes unnoticed. He seems to have lost some bulk (someone told me he had lost 2 stone in pre-season, not sure if true) but gained in strength. Not a bad way to go!!
    He probably could handle it...but with the weather being wet, it could easily turn into a game that is played through the middle with little width (although we are used to this style of rugby some may argue)

I'd prefer to just play the youngsters in the back-row along with Flannery.