Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Before Tonigt's Game . . .

Unhappy Before Tonigt's Game . . .

. . . Spare a thought for those owners/staff who work in The Black Bull, Eccleston Bowling Club, The Bird, Triplex Club, Greenal's Club, The Crispy Cod et al - imagine the takings compared to the corresponding fixture last year.

Banned

I think the Crispy Cod is doing ok just now as it has a constant stream of workmen in there! But undoubtedly all the rest will miss the boost to income Saints would give them every other week or thereabouts.

Starting A Programme Collection wrexhamsaint's Avatar

I don't know what I'm going to do without a pint in the Greenall's club beforehand.

Have a pint somewhere else I guess BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME. Sob, sniff.
    Burning with optimism's flames.

Its weird because for the first time for a long long time I will be like a fish out of water. I have never been to the Stobart to watch a game before, so have no idea what the traffic will be like, where to park, which way I am going to go, where the pubs are etc.

Me and the brother in law had our own routine at KR, parked in the same place every home game, left at the same time, pint in the Triplex etc. Tonight will be strange until we get used to it, then it will be all change again next year!

Got A Season Ticket Dom McCormack's Avatar

I reckon we should knock it on the head, all pile down Greenalls, get leathered n watch it on the telly. Naughton Park has always bin a dive.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dom McCormack View Post
    I reckon we should knock it on the head, all pile down Greenalls, get leathered n watch it on the telly.
    Given that there are still 2000 seats to sell in the South Stand, I reckon a lot of Saints fans plan to do something like that!

Learning All The Songs Wellensisno1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Given that there are still 2000 seats to sell in the South Stand, I reckon a lot of Saints fans plan to do something like that!
    Is it any wonder at the prices they are charging?
    Jammer for Captain!

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Its weird because for the first time for a long long time I will be like a fish out of water. I have never been to the Stobart to watch a game before, so have no idea what the traffic will be like, where to park, which way I am going to go, where the pubs are etc.

Me and the brother in law had our own routine at KR, parked in the same place every home game, left at the same time, pint in the Triplex etc. Tonight will be strange until we get used to it, then it will be all change again next year!
    Similar, the thought of not having a watery Kronenbourg in a plastic container in the Bull is freaking me out. Not walking up Dodd Ave. Not clinging for dead life on the Scaff Wall.

It doesn't feel right, damnit.

Learning All The Songs The Hoss's Avatar

I'll certainly miss my pre-match drinking sesh in the bull beer garden. Hot or cold, it was still full of Saints and away speccies! Only place i know who'll have a BBQ in February lol

Can we not take it to Widnes too?
    St. Helens RLFC.... Its your team... And your team needs YOU! :saint:

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

I will still be having my pre-match drink at Greenall's. Opening at 5:30pm on match nights, then taking their coach to the Halton Stadium.

Then back to Greenall's after the match to have further beverages and re-watch the match on TV.

So the only thing I will be missing, apart from drinking time, is not being able to leave Greenall's at 7:45pm to get to The Pop for kick-off.
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Wellensisno1 View Post
    Is it any wonder at the prices they are charging?
    I have 3 student friends that came a few of the bigger games last season with me with 1 of them starting to come most home games, he came salford with me last week but now that there are no student tickets at saints he is not willing to pay £23.50 and will watch it on sky instead.

George Coaches Organiser Saint Bert's Avatar

Still in The George till last minute. Diff is last minute is now 7PM and coach from straight outside the door rather than a cab at 7:55 LOL
    The George for match day drinks and away coaches.

Supporting us supporting Saints.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    . . . Spare a thought for those owners/staff who work in The Black Bull, Eccleston Bowling Club, The Bird, Triplex Club, Greenal's Club, The Crispy Cod et al - imagine the takings compared to the corresponding fixture last year.

My son actually wants us to go to Widnes from Golborne via St Helens so he can get his pre match Marj's chippy tea

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    My son actually wants us to go to Widnes from Golborne via St Helens so he can get his pre match Marj's chippy tea
    What time are you thinking of going.? You'll be leaving after lunch. lol ( If Marj is going to the match she can take a supply of chippy teas with her - she'll soon sell out.) I suppose she could always get a mobile chippy in place outside of the Stobart. lol

No more getting the train to thatto heath and going the springfield and then on to the bull
    And now I have to run like hell to get the 22.05 back to the fly

Quote Originally Posted by Dom McCormack View Post
    I reckon we should knock it on the head, all pile down Greenalls, get leathered n watch it on the telly. Naughton Park has always bin a dive.
    ha ha
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    I suppose she could always get a mobile chippy in place outside of the Stobart. lol
    God he'd love that. He used to have sausage and chips on the way in and then again on the way out LOL

My son is gutted, he loved his pre match game of RL on the bowling green of the bacl bull, the Saints match was an aside for him to be honest, it was something that got in the way of his game in the Bull... no idea where to take him in Widnes for a kick about with other saints lads...

anyone got kids and find a boozer with space for a game, let me know. Also a pace that lets us in afterwards to, I dont mind my lad staying out till 3am, he has no nurery in the morning you see
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

Syd, be nice to your lad. I've met him and he is less nursery age appropriate than you.... xx