Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Prices?????

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman View Post
    judging by the 27,200 at man city this afternoon would suggest that they have their ticket prices set too high.

, apparently the sheik subsidises their tickets quite heavily too.

Let's face it, it's all over-priced & over-hyped. Yes, it's a short career, but when they're making a good annual salary every WEEK!!! it's gone too far!

Mind you, I think they deserve more than any actor (useless ponces). I've not been to the pictures since probably 1975. Pile o shiiite!!!!

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Pinner View Post
    How do they handle the Away tickets? Does the season ticket holder have to claim the tickets they want? (I'm assuming the other club doesn't grant access with a Saints season ticket???).

They must transfer some money to the other club then?
    Most clubs take the vouchers from the season ticket booklet. You have to swop them for tickets for the big games like Wire and Wigan, but generally you just hand them over at the turnstiles. Saints tell you before games if you need to swop them.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Most clubs take the vouchers from the season ticket booklet. You have to swop them for tickets for the big games like Wire and Wigan, but generally you just hand them over at the turnstiles. Saints tell you before games if you need to swop them.

Amazing! Don't they have issues with numbers?

In The South Stand

Amazing! Don't they have issues with numbers?
    if the match is likely to sell out you have to change the vouchers for tickets in the week before the match.once all the exchange tickets are gone,tough!

Got A Season Ticket

How many season ticket holders are there? It's a bloody good deal given most away games are in a 60 mile radius.

So do they transfer funds to the home team or do they just all agree to do it?

All SL clubs do it and have done for years.Therefore there is no need to re-emburse another club. I think we usually have around 6000 + season ticket holders in total.

Starting A Programme Collection Red_V_Roger's Avatar
    Peregian Springs, (near Noosa) Queensland

FWIW...

We pay on teh gate $20 to get in to Cronulla Sharks - thats a general terrace standing ticket. At current exchange rate thats about 13 quid, on the more traditional exchange rate its about 8 quid.

Plus we get a return bus for $2 and its about 8 - 10 miles.

I think UK ticket prices are too high, especially when the facilities were KR.
    Gone Walkabout...

They just all agree to do it. If I had to pay for me and two children I would not go to many away games, but the "free juniors" makes it a good deal and we go all the games (unless it clashes with swimming). The other club benefits as I pay for my ticket, buy a programme and more often than not a half time draw ticket.

We also have Rail cards so, for example, a trip to watch Saints at Huddersfield for the three of us is less than £40.00. Wigan £25 including programme. You cannot beat that for value.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Starting A Programme Collection Bobbyrlfc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    I don't do football so have no idea of the prices, however this thread made me google Everton and see their prices.

Don't get me started.
    I got ejected from the stadium the other week (Goodison), because i used my little brother season ticket, because he was unwell, they let me stay in for 2 hours until the game kicked off, then ejected me and made me pay to re-enter £38.00! It was only Tottenham for god sake! My Season ticket at Saints last year was only £25, and i got 29 matches included in that!
    When Everton Play Liverpool or United, they stick £7 premium on all adult tickets, so a cheapest ticket for an adult would be £38, the equivilant of your Saints-Warrington ticket.

I love my football, but only the cup games at reduced prices now!

Oh i think the whole reason for having cheap kids tickets was that if 1 out of 5 kids get hooked for just £25 a year, and have a season ticket for £60, it'll follow on for generations. If Rugby league well and truly takes off, and gets the media attention Yawnion gets, then more people will follow and an 18,500 stadium will be well and truly justified in years to come, with these £25 tickets is stays a family sport and keeps kids keen.

Speaking of ticket prices, does anybody know why student concession tickets are no longer?

I went last week to get my new shirt and to get tickets for the Wire game to find out that there is no such thing as a student concession unlike last season. So cost of my ticket has gone up from £11.50 to £18.50.

Is that just a Saints policy while at the temporary stadium or is it a league wide thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    That's Conroy for you. 95% of the time he is one of the most knowledgeable posters we have.

Starting A Programme Collection luckysaint's Avatar

FIVE QUID POSTAGE too!

That really is taking the P155!

They will kill the future of Rugby League at this rate. IMHO
    If you tell them when you call about tickets you can do a ' collect at store / ground'. I live away from St Helens so I have to think in advance, but it can and does work for me. I expect when they have sorted the teething problems with the new and updated website, they will have a tickbox option for this too, as they had till the end of last season. The reason the tickets are posted at £5 is because they were going missing in the postal system and this prevents this, another reason to collect at the ground.
    McManus cider, MMMmmmmm refreshing

Got A Season Ticket

Well the boy & me are now fully season ticketted up!

Called the club & a very nice lady, who sounded like the new computer system was boiling her head, refunded my warrington tickets & sorted an Adult+Jnr ticket in the East Stand for us.

Given that the East Stand is sold out for warrington, she issued us tickets in the North Stand.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Dan View Post
    Speaking of ticket prices, does anybody know why student concession tickets are no longer?

I went last week to get my new shirt and to get tickets for the Wire game to find out that there is no such thing as a student concession unlike last season. So cost of my ticket has gone up from £11.50 to £18.50.

Is that just a Saints policy while at the temporary stadium or is it a league wide thing?
    Really? I may not get in on Friday then as I just booked a concession ticket thinking that students were involved in that...

I think there is need for a debate on pricing. In an ideal world I think all kids would be admitted free or for a nominal sum with a full price paying adult. Get them hooked young and they will be a fan / customer for life. However a few quick bullet points to throw in the debate

1. The club is ( and has been ) trading losses for sometime. Can a business that is trading at a loss afford to cut prices further ?
    2. We are playing a full season away from home and this is bound to hit gates and income.
    3. Football receives a far higher level of funding from the TV companies than SL. I think comparisons are therefore meaningless.

Called the club & a very nice lady
    Which club did you call? According to form, everyone at Saints are fire-breathing dragons...

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Which club did you call? According to form, everyone at Saints are fire-breathing dragons...

HAHA! well they must be on a day off, because the lady I spoke to was very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Really? I may not get in on Friday then as I just booked a concession ticket thinking that students were involved in that...
    Yep. I asked for an adult and a student concession for the wire game. I had all of my letters of enrolment for this year to register as a student (seems to make it easier when buying tickets over the phone etc). They said they don't do student concessions so I had to get an adult ticket.

I was in abit of a rush so I didn't have time to question why not.

I thought afterwards that it may just have been that they had sold out of student concessions but that can't be correct because they print them when your there.
    That's Conroy for you. 95% of the time he is one of the most knowledgeable posters we have.

Actually just reading a thread about the tickets on Wire's board somebody on there mentions that Wire were not selling student tickets either as they hadn't received any. Maybe just a one off for this game?

Behind and,on occasion,in the Mill House.

Actually just reading a thread about the tickets on Wire's board somebody on there mentions that Wire were not selling student tickets either as they hadn't received any. Maybe just a one off for this game?
    Think it's a permanent thing,only OAP's and under 18's quoted on tickets page.http://www.saintsrlfc.com/tickets/page/445
    Knowsley Road 1890-2010

Farewell old friend,you will live long in all our memories.

Yep. I asked for an adult and a student concession for the wire game. I had all of my letters of enrolment for this year to register as a student (seems to make it easier when buying tickets over the phone etc). They said they don't do student concessions so I had to get an adult ticket.

I was in abit of a rush so I didn't have time to question why not.

I thought afterwards that it may just have been that they had sold out of student concessions but that can't be correct because they print them when your there.
    Hopefully I'm not questioned when going in then. There was no announcement on the website or any notice saying that student tickets were no longer offered.

They surely can't change the terms without giving notice? Especially as I ordered online so I was doing what I have done ever since I have been a student.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman View Post
    judging by the 27,200 at man city this afternoon would suggest that they have their ticket prices set too high.
    Actually the ticket prices were £20 and £10. However, with 5 home games in 13 days, playing against a League Two side and live on ITV1, to only get 1,000 less than what Everton got at home to Chelsea in the same round, is a great attendance.

You work out the cost of 5 home games in 13 days for a family of three or four, even if the tickets for three of those games are cheap.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Would it not have soemthing to do with Paying Widnes rent?
    So an extra £3 on every ticket sees 5,000 x 3 for example that = £15,000 for Widnes rent just there.

I am positive there was a leaflet with prices on a while ago and it stated there would be no student concessions at the new stadium - that would include Widnes's ground too as when you ordered season tickets you were actually booking your seats for the new ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    I am positive there was a leaflet with prices on a while ago and it stated there would be no student concessions at the new stadium - that would include Widnes's ground too as when you ordered season tickets you were actually booking your seats for the new ground.
    What good does a leaflet do though? I'm sick to death with dealing with when business' change clauses in my degree but I understand the frustration now!

Saints have to make it clear that they are no longer allowing students to use concession tickets. If I went into the shop and bought it then they probably would have informed me of the change, but if they offering a service whereby you can order tickets online then they must make it clear that they have scrapped the scheme. My friends use the student concession offer and they didn't realise that this was the case until I told them.

All it takes is a side note stating a change has been made to the norm, this could cost me entry into the game on Friday