Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye, Knowsley Road

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

what i think is unbelievable is how much stuff they could have auctioned off from inside the ground.. seems like another piece of farewell to KR that was badly done

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

dont think it was for want of trying i think there wasnt the money around for people ro splash out on
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    dont think it was for want of trying i think there wasnt the money around for people ro splash out on
    I would have bought something if they had actually put more than 10 items on the website, and if the actual auction website wasn't such an amateurish shambles.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    I would have bought something if they had actually put more than 10 items on the website, and if the actual auction website wasn't such an amateurish shambles.
    were you not willing to pay in australia dollars!

Have they started pulling down the main stand yet? Read in the paper they were starting on it this week? Any more pics?

Gone, but never forgotten

Knowsley Road

1890 - 2010

Starting A Programme Collection Lygase's Avatar

me and a mate keep have a laugh about the 'leaning posts' or barriers in the stands, why didnt they offer those up for auction, i'd have had one for the garden!

and yea, the auction set up was shambolic beyond belief, why didnt they set up a username on ebay and 'auction' it off like the rest of us do??? typical saints

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintbibby View Post
    Have they started pulling down the main stand yet? Read in the paper they were starting on it this week? Any more pics?

Was talking to a guy from Taylor Wimpey the other day and he said the Hattons Stand should be the first to come down. They expect to take about 3-4 months to pull all of KR down as they're trying to recycle as much of it as possible. Crushing the concrete for hardcore and saving as much of the steel as they can.

I went past earlier today and there's no visible sign of any more of the ground having been pulled down, i'll go up in the next few days and take more pictures if it looks like more has been demolished
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lygase View Post
    me and a mate keep have a laugh about the 'leaning posts' or barriers in the stands, why didnt they offer those up for auction, i'd have had one for the garden!

and yea, the auction set up was shambolic beyond belief, why didnt they set up a username on ebay and 'auction' it off like the rest of us do??? typical saints
    well that was the obvious thing to me, i can only presume it was in the contract that metal etc is kept, but you'd have thought that saints could have auctioned say about 20 of them, there must be a couple of hundred at the stadium..

i just think there's tons of stuff that could have been auctioned.. even down to the pegs in the old dressing rooms, you really could go on.. i just got the impression the club couldn't be bothered employing someone to take all the stuff down, but i really think they could've made a bit of money if it'd been done proper..

sadly we'll never know

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    well that was the obvious thing to me, i can only presume it was in the contract that metal etc is kept, but you'd have thought that saints could have auctioned say about 20 of them, there must be a couple of hundred at the stadium..

i just think there's tons of stuff that could have been auctioned.. even down to the pegs in the old dressing rooms, you really could go on.. i just got the impression the club couldn't be bothered employing someone to take all the stuff down, but i really think they could've made a bit of money if it'd been done proper..

sadly we'll never know
    Bizzarely there is loads of stuff. I bought the "Gym Entrance" sign in the first auction and picked it up from KR. When I went the marketing manager took me into a room which had loads of stuff that was to be auctioned off. Loads of pictures, shirts signs etc they have just never appeared on the auction site - and when they did there were ridiculous prices on it. The club were originally producing a catalogue and holding a proper auction - they would have made a fortune if they had done that before christmas - now with the season upon us I dont know who will have the appetite to buy an item of KR history. Equally I hope the club will sell some of the bricks from the old ground coz I want one.

Starting A Programme Collection Ell Saint Blues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Bizzarely there is loads of stuff. I bought the "Gym Entrance" sign in the first auction and picked it up from KR. When I went the marketing manager took me into a room which had loads of stuff that was to be auctioned off. Loads of pictures, shirts signs etc they have just never appeared on the auction site - and when they did there were ridiculous prices on it. The club were originally producing a catalogue and holding a proper auction - they would have made a fortune if they had done that before christmas - now with the season upon us I dont know who will have the appetite to buy an item of KR history. Equally I hope the club will sell some of the bricks from the old ground coz I want one.
    Bricks, not a chance. Just go down and ask for one.
    TRY rugby league at Blackbrook Royals : http://www.blackbrookrugby.co.uk/

In The South Stand

after a bad night at widnes,feeling homeless,i drove past knowsley road this morning looking at the big hole in the corner.i then felt utterly depressed

Got A Replica Shirt

Awww. I only went there twice. I loved the way it was just simple. Really enjoyed the standing side.

Starting A Programme Collection shabbashaz's Avatar

It's been just over a year since I was last at KR and these pictures have made me feel like I've been punched in the stomach. Gutted I couldn't make it there for the end of the season, but so chuffed that my boy Keiron, got to see his namesake play.

Am hoping to get up Easter weekend, will have to take one last look at her (if there's anything left).

Feeling completely sad now

Noooobie

It looks like they've started ripping down the main stand this morning, the end near to where the Press Box is situated was missing a substantial chunk when I drove past
    Last edited by bring_back_the_biff; 28th February 2011 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Lygase View Post
    why didnt they set up a username on ebay and 'auction' it off like the rest of us do??? typical saints
    Not exactly rocket science is it! As you rightly say, there must be all sorts of wierd and wonderful bits they could have sold off on ebay.

I looked a while ago and both Wire and Leeds have proper club auctions on ebay, Wire were using it more for online retailing whereas the Rhinos seem to use it more for auctioning off worn player jumpers/ jersies.

Could they not get some local schoolkids in on work experience to help out with the listings?

A couple of new photos from today
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Bloody hell, how depressing. Until we actually played at Widnes, the reality of KR disappearing hadn't dawned on me
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Bloody hell, how depressing. Until we actually played at Widnes, the reality of KR disappearing hadn't dawned on me
    Agreed 100%

Gone, but never forgotten

Knowsley Road

1890 - 2010

I can see it gathering pace soon because they've already started building the show house / sales house at the side of the former away terrace

In The West Stand

Im not a sentimental type, but my god, those pictures made my eyes well up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Im not a sentimental type, but my god, those pictures made my eyes well up.

Just think how I feel standing there taking them

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saints-Crusaders View Post
    Just think how I feel standing there taking them
    I really dont think I could do it. Said as I walked away for the last time, that I would'nt go near again, and I now know I was correct to say that.

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Yea me too. I didnt think Id be all that bothered because our need for the new stadium Is obvious(still cant wait to see that rising up). But Friday against the Wire left me strangely detached,wasnt all that bothered that we lost. Thats from someone who can have their weekend ruined by the wrong result.

Learning All The Songs saintollie's Avatar

its like losing an old friend! gut renching

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite Don Brennan View Post
    Yea me too. I didnt think Id be all that bothered because our need for the new stadium Is obvious(still cant wait to see that rising up). But Friday against the Wire left me strangely detached,wasnt all that bothered that we lost. Thats from someone who can have their weekend ruined by the wrong result.
    Yep, I felt exactly the same. If we'd have lost to Warrington at Knowsley Road I think I'd have actually cried, but Friday's game felt a bit surreal. It was like I wasn't even watching my team play at times. Even though KR was a dive, the soul of the place made it feel homely. Widnes certainly won't feel that way and the new stadium will take some getting used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste