Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345671323 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye, Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by saintollie View Post
    http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/8...ch_demolition/

Saints are still the owners according to this.
    Refer to my post earlier in the week! I did say Saints still had the keys.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Would it be worth, when they are moving the undersoil for the new pitch, turfing up the playing pitch and re-laying it at the new ground?
    If it takes, would it not be better than trying to grown new?

Got A Season Ticket zerohero1266's Avatar

Whats the best way of getting a brick from the old place as I have promised myself one ? Wait 'til its gettting demolished & sneak in & get one or ask some of the workers if I could have one ?

could someone post the pics i took if i email them someone please?

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero1266 View Post
    Whats the best way of getting a brick from the old place as I have promised myself one ? Wait 'til its gettting demolished & sneak in & get one or ask some of the workers if I could have one ?
    As far as I know, under demolition recycling regs, the bricks will be crushed to be used as hardcore for the new build so I'd loiter by the Crispy Cod and ask a demolition bloke for one. Plus sneaking in tends to be viewed very dimly by the law.

Quote Originally Posted by mrnike22 View Post
    could someone post the pics i took if i email them someone please?
    redveeadmin@gmail.com

Learning All The Songs

Well I wandered in when the gates were open the other day. The pitch is in great condition considering the bad weather. So where did they get the turf they sold to people at christmas for £15 a square foot? I couldn't see any removed? Don't tell me.... no.... they wouldn't?????

There's a big strip of turf removed from in front of the main stand, seen on the photos that accompanied Mike Critchley's article in the Star before Christmas.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Would it be worth, when they are moving the undersoil for the new pitch, turfing up the playing pitch and re-laying it at the new ground?
    If it takes, would it not be better than trying to grown new?
    I bloody hope not, or I have been done. I have a 12" x 12" piece doing very nicely in a window box, which is supposed to be a genuine piece from the KR pitch !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I bloody hope not, or I have been done. I have a 12" x 12" piece doing very nicely in a window box, which is supposed to be a genuine piece from the KR pitch !!!
    It would be more difficult/risky/costly for them to get the turf from elsewhere as opposed to KR!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonofSuburbia View Post
    http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/8...ch_demolition/

I thought it was supposed to start on 3rd January?

I was told a couple of weeks ago that there would be no demolition for quite some while and that Saints could have used the ground for another season.

Except they'd have to spend another fortune on ensuring it hits safety standards, whereas playing at Widnes costs the club nowhere near the same amount of money.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd View Post
    I was told a couple of weeks ago that there would be no demolition for quite some while and that Saints could have used the ground for another season.
    I don't suppose it matters now but would we have been charged rent if we didn't own it and would probaby have had to maintain it also? It is a shame really that the leaving of KR/moving into new stadium hasn't gone hand in hand. It will wrankle with with me slightly if KR does stand for the rest of this season as I personally would have stayed if possible however having been to Widnes today there will be a lot who would prefer it for a season I imagine.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    I don't suppose it matters now but would we have been charged rent if we didn't own it and would probaby have had to maintain it also? It is a shame really that the leaving of KR/moving into new stadium hasn't gone hand in hand. It will wrankle with with me slightly if KR does stand for the rest of this season as I personally would have stayed if possible however having been to Widnes today there will be a lot who would prefer it for a season I imagine.
    Would not surprise me in the least. House builders have land banks(Morrison aka gallifordtry who are doing the bridge to the ground have nearly 4000plots yet to build estates on) Which is basically as it states. They just purchase land and develop it when convenient and prices to sell are best. KR may well be dropped and the land stay undeveloped for a while. I think the hype the ground may make it happen sooner than later but I would think a slow build would happen. The current housing Market is dire with the uncertainty of jobs etc.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Would not surprise me in the least. House builders have land banks(Morrison aka gallifordtry who are doing the bridge to the ground have nearly 4000plots yet to build estates on) Which is basically as it states. They just purchase land and develop it when convenient and prices to sell are best. KR may well be dropped and the land stay undeveloped for a while. I think the hype the ground may make it happen sooner than later but I would think a slow build would happen. The current housing Market is dire with the uncertainty of jobs etc.
    According to this page the first homes are due to be ready in Feb 2011, so I think we whould see some movement soon, if this page is correct and up to date etc

http://www.taylorwimpey.co.uk/newhom...ninghamGrange/

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    According to this page the first homes are due to be ready in Feb 2011, so I think we whould see some movement soon, if this page is correct and up to date etc

I don't think the first houses will be ready by next month....especially as KR isn't due to be demolished until March
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Ty Pennington can build a house in 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post

Where does it say ready in Feb 2011? It says coming soon - February 2011. All that means is the sales office will be opening in February: a portakabin next to Dunriding Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Except they'd have to spend another fortune on ensuring it hits safety standards, whereas playing at Widnes costs the club nowhere near the same amount of money.
    I heard somewhere that it was costing over £250,000 a year just to keep up with safety standards.

No point throwing good money after bad and I bet moving to Widnes gives us more in Corporate money (and therefore more total income) than KR did.

Top line vanity. Bottom line sanity
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Ty Pennington can build a house in 7 days.

But can he build a full housing estate of more than 100 houses in that time ?
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

I can't imagine that houses/apartments would be ready until at least early to late July

Have been informed that keys actually handed over now and Saints no longer responsible for premises at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
    Have been informed that keys actually handed over now and Saints no longer responsible for premises at all.
    Maybe that is why the floodlights are on there tonight. A handing over the key ceremony has taken place and we didn't know!

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Maybe that is why the floodlights are on there tonight. A handing over the key ceremony has taken place and we didn't know!
    I'd put it down to insurance and blame culture if there is an accident within the grounds. Last thing saints need is a claim for injury whilst somebody is lending a piece of concrete to put the rest of the bought seat together

Learning All The Songs

Where does it say ready in Feb 2011? It says coming soon - February 2011. All that means is the sales office will be opening in February: a portakabin next to Dunriding Lane.
    Lol - I read that and was still in 2010!

Next year seemed possible. Next week looks challenging.

Just drove down Dunriding Lane and fencing has been put up along the front and in front of the club house
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain