Jungle Out There Banner
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6162223242526
Results 626 to 640 of 640

Thread: Goodbye, Knowsley Road

  1. #626
    In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Anywhere at KR
    Age
    53
    Posts
    4,599
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I'll be disappointed if they don't use much cladding on the houses on Cunningham Grange
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

  2. #627
    RedVee Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    LP SW Corner
    Posts
    9,801
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    What does paul s****horpe mean i " cannot believe that Knowlsey road is still abuilding site according to some of the reads on here they have had plenty of time to finish it .
    Seriously? The ground work and demolition only started last spring. If each house takes 10 weeks and they build in batches of 10, that's 100 weeks to make 100 houses and there's 250 going on there. So at most, they've had time to build the first batch, which they have, on Dunriding Lane.


  3. #628
    In The South Stand Supersaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Haydock (posh end)
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Seriously? The ground work and demolition only started last spring. If each house takes 10 weeks and they build in batches of 10, that's 100 weeks to make 100 houses and there's 250 going on there. So at most, they've had time to build the first batch, which they have, on Dunriding Lane.
    Some companys only build to order as well

    .

  4. #629
    Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    sutton manor
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,199
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersaint View Post
    Some companys only build to order as well
    Aye, part build and mothball them. No paying for rates then.
    Nobody said life would be easy

  5. #630
    In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Anywhere at KR
    Age
    53
    Posts
    4,599
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersaint View Post
    Some companys only build to order as well

    During my time up there taking pics of KR coming down, I spoke to the site manager for Taylor Wimpey and he said they could take upto 6 years to finish building the houses there but obviously if the houses were selling well, then they could speed up building work
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

  6. #631
    In The West Stand Sausalito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,573
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Cunningham Grange reminds of this.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgJmW...eature=related

  7. #632
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Just had a look through the first few pages of this thread for the first time in a while. feeling very nostalgic now!

    Don't judge me but I'd somehow put Knowsley Road to the back of my mind, it feels like such a long time since we said farewell. Looking at all those pictures brought back so many special memories. Every time I drive past I still look for the Main Stand dominating the skyline. Saints almost feel like a different club altogether now, all this 'fit for purpose' stadium talk is spot-on and the new stadium will be amazing, but I miss the old wreck where anything was possible!

    RIP Knowsley Road, what a magical place, a circus, a carnival, a beautiful shambles, a crumbling cauldron of noise, a rain-sodden, ****-stained celebration of the bizarre, the only real theatre of dreams where the wildest most unfathomable dreams so often came true.

    Wow, surprised myself with that rant!

  8. #633
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,816
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    Just had a look through the first few pages of this thread for the first time in a while. feeling very nostalgic now!

    Don't judge me but I'd somehow put Knowsley Road to the back of my mind, it feels like such a long time since we said farewell. Looking at all those pictures brought back so many special memories. Every time I drive past I still look for the Main Stand dominating the skyline. Saints almost feel like a different club altogether now, all this 'fit for purpose' stadium talk is spot-on and the new stadium will be amazing, but I miss the old wreck where anything was possible!

    RIP Knowsley Road, what a magical place, a circus, a carnival, a beautiful shambles, a crumbling cauldron of noise, a rain-sodden, ****-stained celebration of the bizarre, the only real theatre of dreams where the wildest most unfathomable dreams so often came true.

    Wow, surprised myself with that rant!
    That was very good!

  9. #634
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,687
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I was being a bit fasecious <red ve> i must try to learn how to put those smily things on.

  10. #635
    RedVee Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    LP SW Corner
    Posts
    9,801
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Easy.

    For a smile type :)

    For a wink type ;)




  11. #636
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,687
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Ta.

  12. #637
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,167
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    The questions that some people ask on the ' on site' part of Saints web page never ceases to amaze me !

    This weeks gem as posted :

    "forgot to ask are we aloud to keep bottle tops at the staduim as we are aloud in widnes ??? "

  13. #638
    Learning All The Songs Saint of Hull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hull
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,095
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    The questions that some people ask on the ' on site' part of Saints web page never ceases to amaze me !

    This weeks gem as posted :

    "forgot to ask are we aloud to keep bottle tops at the staduim as we are aloud in widnes ??? "
    Imbacile! Smart people always carry a spare one in thier pocket!
    Rugby League is a Religion, and I worship the Saints!!

  14. #639
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    The questions that some people ask on the ' on site' part of Saints web page never ceases to amaze me !

    This weeks gem as posted :

    "forgot to ask are we aloud to keep bottle tops at the staduim as we are aloud in widnes ??? "

  15. #640
    RedVee Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    LP SW Corner
    Posts
    9,801
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    How ironic: everyone has been complaining about it being quiet at Widnes...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •