Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6162223242526

Thread: Goodbye, Knowsley Road

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

I'll be disappointed if they don't use much cladding on the houses on Cunningham Grange
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    What does paul s****horpe mean i " cannot believe that Knowlsey road is still abuilding site according to some of the reads on here they have had plenty of time to finish it .
    Seriously? The ground work and demolition only started last spring. If each house takes 10 weeks and they build in batches of 10, that's 100 weeks to make 100 houses and there's 250 going on there. So at most, they've had time to build the first batch, which they have, on Dunriding Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Seriously? The ground work and demolition only started last spring. If each house takes 10 weeks and they build in batches of 10, that's 100 weeks to make 100 houses and there's 250 going on there. So at most, they've had time to build the first batch, which they have, on Dunriding Lane.
    Some companys only build to order as well

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supersaint View Post
    Aye, part build and mothball them. No paying for rates then.
    Nobody said life would be easy

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supersaint View Post

During my time up there taking pics of KR coming down, I spoke to the site manager for Taylor Wimpey and he said they could take upto 6 years to finish building the houses there but obviously if the houses were selling well, then they could speed up building work
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Cunningham Grange reminds of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgJmW...eature=related

Starting A Programme Collection

Just had a look through the first few pages of this thread for the first time in a while. feeling very nostalgic now!

Don't judge me but I'd somehow put Knowsley Road to the back of my mind, it feels like such a long time since we said farewell. Looking at all those pictures brought back so many special memories. Every time I drive past I still look for the Main Stand dominating the skyline. Saints almost feel like a different club altogether now, all this 'fit for purpose' stadium talk is spot-on and the new stadium will be amazing, but I miss the old wreck where anything was possible!

RIP Knowsley Road, what a magical place, a circus, a carnival, a beautiful shambles, a crumbling cauldron of noise, a rain-sodden, ****-stained celebration of the bizarre, the only real theatre of dreams where the wildest most unfathomable dreams so often came true.

Wow, surprised myself with that rant!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    Just had a look through the first few pages of this thread for the first time in a while. feeling very nostalgic now!

Don't judge me but I'd somehow put Knowsley Road to the back of my mind, it feels like such a long time since we said farewell. Looking at all those pictures brought back so many special memories. Every time I drive past I still look for the Main Stand dominating the skyline. Saints almost feel like a different club altogether now, all this 'fit for purpose' stadium talk is spot-on and the new stadium will be amazing, but I miss the old wreck where anything was possible!

RIP Knowsley Road, what a magical place, a circus, a carnival, a beautiful shambles, a crumbling cauldron of noise, a rain-sodden, ****-stained celebration of the bizarre, the only real theatre of dreams where the wildest most unfathomable dreams so often came true.

Wow, surprised myself with that rant!
    That was very good!

In The South Stand

I was being a bit fasecious <red ve> i must try to learn how to put those smily things on.

Easy.

For a smile type :)

For a wink type ;)

In The South Stand

Ta.

The questions that some people ask on the ' on site' part of Saints web page never ceases to amaze me !

This weeks gem as posted :

"forgot to ask are we aloud to keep bottle tops at the staduim as we are aloud in widnes ??? "

Learning All The Songs Saint of Hull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    The questions that some people ask on the ' on site' part of Saints web page never ceases to amaze me !

"forgot to ask are we aloud to keep bottle tops at the staduim as we are aloud in widnes ??? "
    Imbacile! Smart people always carry a spare one in thier pocket!
    Rugby League is a Religion, and I worship the Saints!!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post

How ironic: everyone has been complaining about it being quiet at Widnes...