Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: It wont take a while - Eastmond

Learning All The Songs The Hoss's Avatar

Default It wont take a while - Eastmond

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...hile-kyle.html

Looks like we'll know sooner rather than later...
    St. Helens RLFC.... Its your team... And your team needs YOU! :saint:

No rush, he is only due back playing in October 2011, no rush.
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

he's gone in my opinion .
    Mr. Mojo Risin'

Default It wont take a while - Eastmond

Always worries me, when there is a picture of Eastmond he's never in a Saints kit.

Got A Season Ticket

yep afraid so :-/

Quote Originally Posted by The Hoss View Post
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...hile-kyle.html

Looks like we'll know sooner rather than later...
    Which at the end of the day is what we all want whatever the outcome.
    We might all get a surprise - one way or another.

Got A Season Ticket

Talk about unsettling the team, he is saying to us it will take 4 weeks - who is the employee/employer here! Tell him to make his mind up now, and if he decides to get let him go now and be injured for someone else for a season

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

All this media hype is going to backfire if it carries on. I have no idea what Kyle is like as a person but he certainly is not going out of his way to win over fans. From what I've seen I'd love him to be at Saints. However, one has to hope that last seasons injuries were not indicative of what is to come. For me until he backs up his performances consistently there should not be all this hype. I know it's a shortlived career, I know he needs to earn what he can, but it should be done in a less ransom style manner, as this just p**ses people off and if it all goes pear-shaped and he doesn't turn out to be the messiah after all it's going to do him no favours

Got A Season Ticket Londonsaints's Avatar

Has great potential for sure .....................but with the contract nonsense last time (last year?) with him and his then agent Offiah, before this latest round of will he wont he, I lost interest in him as a saints player. No one is bigger than the club.
    No more 500 Mile round trip for home games - moved to Warrington - now that makes more sense!

My profile says ' Waiting for the No 17' ? Don't have a danny what that is all about?!

Learning All The Songs The Hoss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londonsaints View Post
    Has great potential for sure .....................but with the contract nonsense last time (last year?) with him and his then agent Offiah, before this latest round of will he wont he, I lost interest in him as a saints player. No one is bigger than the club.
    Though Offiah still is his agent?
    St. Helens RLFC.... Its your team... And your team needs YOU! :saint:

Quote Originally Posted by The Hoss View Post
    Though Offiah still is his agent?
    No it's Richard Cramer now.

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Some people need to get a grip.
    Anyways this exact story was out over a week ago.

Learning All The Songs

Personally I think this should all be very simple. If he isn't prepared to sign a five year (similar to Tomkin) then they should let him go. I know contract wrangling is part and parcel of the game these days but do we have to have this every year FFS!

Long deal or no deal as far as I'm concerned. That way if he does decide he wants to leave at some point we'll get a decent wedge from it

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    That way if he does decide he wants to leave at some point we'll get a decent wedge from it
    except for....we wont. We will be lucky to get anything.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Great potential, little more at this stage, although I would be sorry to see him go.

This permanent speculation though is very very tedious; like someone else has said - long time or time to go.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Great potential, little more at this stage, although I would be sorry to see him go.

This permanent speculation though is very very tedious; like someone else has said - long time or time to go.
    Exactly.

Learning All The Songs

Two lads,same age Tomkins of wigan proves himself over two full seasons and only wants to play for the pies.Eastmond proves himself easily hurt and will play for the highest bidder.Unbelievable,no loyalty whatsoever,get rid,and quick

The way i always read that article was that he wants to get a new contract signed at Saints, to stop all the speculation thats been doing the rounds.

I get the impression from this, and Richard Cramer his agents comments re getting things sorted quick, is that the press speculation and possibly responses from fans is upsetting and unsettling Kyle.

Certainly some of the stuff written about him on this and other forums is IMO verging on downright nasty and vindictive.

I think he will end up staying to be honest. His agent wouldn't be in the media every 5 minutes if he had decided to go

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    I get the impression from this, and Richard Cramer his agents comments re getting things sorted quick, is that the press speculation and possibly responses from fans is upsetting and unsettling Kyle.
    Then Kyle should instruct his agents to avoid going to the press. He's done it twice now so he can't expect fans to warm to him for it. I think fans might have been more tolerant if he'd played the full season and blown us all away. But although the injuries were not his fault, fans have had to put up with the frustration of seeing him on and off the pitch at the most crucial time of the season and then he goes to the press with yet another rugby union story around contract negotiation time. While I don't condone the more vindictive stuff - no need at all for that - I can understand fans getting tired of him playing the media/union game, especially given that he has not yet proven himself. I'm certainly tired of him playing the media/union game. I respected Roby's and Wello's way of doing business. Should Kyle stay with us and contract negotiation time comes up again then he would get a ton more respect if he approached his business in the way that Jammer, Roby and Wello have done - and they HAVE proven themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Then Kyle should instruct his agents to avoid going to the press. He's done it twice now so he can't expect fans to warm to him for it. I think fans might have been more tolerant if he'd played the full season and blown us all away. But although the injuries were not his fault, fans have had to put up with the frustration of seeing him on and off the pitch at the most crucial time of the season and then he goes to the press with yet another rugby union story around contract negotiation time. While I don't condone the more vindictive stuff - no need at all for that - I can understand fans getting tired of him playing the media/union game, especially given that he has not yet proven himself. I'm certainly tired of him playing the media/union game. I respected Roby's and Wello's way of doing business. Should Kyle stay with us and contract negotiation time comes up again then he would get a ton more respect if he approached his business in the way that Jammer, Roby and Wello have done - and they HAVE proven themselves!
    One thing people have not considered is that maybe Kyle and his agent were wanting things sorted out quick, but Saints were prevaricating and saying they would sort it later.
    As a result Kyles agent decided to give Saints the proverbial kick up the backside by having him seen at Bath and getting it in the press.
    Such things can concentrate minds wonderfully, and maybe have succeeded in getting Saints to sort things out quicker than they probably wanted to.

Certainly as a player i would not want my contract talks dragging into the playing season.

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post

Yea but If Union clubs were throwing money at them things might have been different,who knows.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post

Certainly some of the stuff written about him on this and other forums is IMO verging on downright nasty and vindictive.
    Then he should have thought about that before he whored himself to bath. Hes just another Chris Ashton and I wont be at all fussed when he leaves. You can have all the potential in the world, but if you dont have the passion for the shirt, there is no point.
    2011 Season Bet

Huntingtons: Wigan to win the GF

Barney Rubble: Anyone else

50 to the Steve Prescott Fund

Learning All The Songs HitTheWall's Avatar

It surprises me how many people on here don't know a diamond find when they see one.

It simply astounds me however the amount of people who are grotesquely bitter towards Kyle simply because he's considering a move away from Saints. It's hardly crime of the century. No need to dismiss options out of hand before they're on the table.

FWIW, I think Saints have told him to make his mind up sharpish. If he's jumping ship, then we need to start looking for a replacement fast if we want to assure quality. It's not like he's a prop forward, which are fairly easy to replace; he's our number 7, one of the most pivotal positions in a rugby team.
    "If you think training is hard, try losing"

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Two lads,same age Tomkins of wigan proves himself over two full seasons and only wants to play for the pies.Eastmond proves himself easily hurt and will play for the highest bidder.Unbelievable,no loyalty whatsoever,get rid,and quick
    IIRC it was 3 lads that all the hype was over originally. Myler was the third. Boddingtons?