Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many? Somone must know

Got A Season Ticket

Default How many? Somone must know

How many season tickets have we sold? iv asked this question before,iv even asked it in the shop when i picked mine up, and no one seem so know.

Starting A Programme Collection Ell Saint Blues's Avatar

I got told that by the season ticket lady in the shop on Tuesday.
    TRY rugby league at Blackbrook Royals : http://www.blackbrookrugby.co.uk/

Got A Season Ticket

I sincerly hope thats not true, i would have expected a little more
    Quote Originally Posted by Ell Saint Blues View Post

I got told that by the season ticket lady in the shop on Tuesday.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

I would have thought it was more than that too. I know quite a few people who've never had a season ticket in their lives who have got a five year one.

Starting A Programme Collection rally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    I would have thought it was more than that too. I know quite a few people who've never had a season ticket in their lives who have got a five year one.
    Me and a couple of mates have all done the five year deal. I've always said all along that I would get a season ticket once we get a new ground. Just can't wait till we finally have our new stadium built.

Learning All The Songs The Hoss's Avatar

5,000 aint too bad considering the move... Plus you'd expect a few hundred away supporters, as well as a few thousand Vs a bigger team... Think we'll average around 8,000 through the season, which aint too bad considering.

Hopefully when we move, we'll average 12 - 13k in our first season
    St. Helens RLFC.... Its your team... And your team needs YOU! :saint:

In The South Stand

I would think that our average will be closer to 10k than 8k.

If we had sold say 8000 ST;s I would expect the club to be singing and dancing about such a figure, the fact they have kept schtum makes me think we have sold less than they hoped for... typical saints fans, worst in the business, dont know why I bother But dont forget, the town only has a population of 13,498 so we have done ok in terms of ration, look at Wigoon who sold 14,000 season tickets, but they have 756,395 people living in the city, thats an awful ratio...

5 YEARS !
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

Noooobie

St.Helens population is over 100,000 and Wigans over 300,000. Our ratio of fans to population is probably the similar if not abit less than wigans.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post
    St.Helens population is over 100,000 and Wigans over 300,000. Our ratio of fans to population is probably the similar if not abit less than wigans.
    You've quoted the population of St.Helens town (borough population is about 180,000) and the population of Wigan borough (town population is only about 80,000). Wigan borough includes places like Leigh where they obviously don't support the goons. In fact, most of what we consider as Wigan, the true Wigan inbred would say "that's not Wigan!", because you have to be from a very specific area to be a true Wiganer. On the other hand, there are places outside of St.Helens town but within the borough, like Haydock, Rainford, etc, where most people say they are from St.Helens. On that basis I think you could argue that the true St.Helens population is actually bigger than the Wigan one.

Noooobie

Fair enough, but it isnt actually bigger and Leigh defintely harbous numerous goons

Banned

I think you would struggle to find many Leighers who buy into the Wigoon borough concept, and I would imagine that relates to Atherton and Tyldsley as well. What people do underestimate is Wigans support from north of the town, especially around Chorley and Sth Preston. I think the Liverpool market will never happen for Saints, but the dormant Prescot area could reignite, and the Wirral may even have some interest when the new ground comes on stream. Difficult decision would be new stadium new day? Sunday, and take a hit perhaps on the corporate.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by tricia View Post
    I think you would struggle to find many Leighers who buy into the Wigoon borough concept, and I would imagine that relates to Atherton and Tyldsley as well. What people do underestimate is Wigans support from north of the town, especially around Chorley and Sth Preston. I think the Liverpool market will never happen for Saints, but the dormant Prescot area could reignite, and the Wirral may even have some interest when the new ground comes on stream. Difficult decision would be new stadium new day? Sunday, and take a hit perhaps on the corporate.
    You should have seen the amount of wigan fans on the train back to blackpool after the GF. There was our party of 4 and 2 others who were saints fans. The rest of train was choc full of wigan fans. Im talking like, no room to breath!
    2011 Season Bet

Huntingtons: Wigan to win the GF

Barney Rubble: Anyone else

£50 to the Steve Prescott Fund

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    I would think that our average will be closer to 10k than 8k.
    Cant see it TBH. The capacity of Halton stadium is only around 13K so it doesnt give us much scope to increase the average dramatically in those big games.

For me we will have the 5K (which I presume always go to the attendance figures whether they show up or not) plus another 3K at best. We will have to wait and see, hopefully im wrong

Starting A Programme Collection Bobbyrlfc's Avatar

Yeah, with being in University now, i feel i'm gonna be going to less games than usual!
    So i don't see the point in paying £133, especially seeing as Widnes is a right pain to get to from Maghull! My mate has left for Southampton Uni, so all thats left is me, and that makes some fun away from the match!
    He's back in April for a month, were going to every game!

Banned

have it on good authority we've sold 6000 plus

Learning All The Songs HitTheWall's Avatar

This population argument is rubbish. There's a good number of season ticket holders from outside the area
    "If you think training is hard, try losing"

Learning All The Songs Saint Simon's Avatar

I'm sure i got told it was over 8k, but i cant remember who told me! I know out of my group of friends i was the only season ticket holder last year, now theres 6 of us, and i imagine there are similar stories for alot of people

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Simon View Post
    I'm sure i got told it was over 8k, but i cant remember who told me! I know out of my group of friends i was the only season ticket holder last year, now theres 6 of us, and i imagine there are similar stories for alot of people
    Yup. I'm a new season ticket holder and I have two relatives who are also new season ticket holders (they have purchased on the five year deal). Whether there will have been people not renewing their season tickets because the games will be in Widnes is something to consider, though. There could be as many dropping out as joining for all we know. What number of season tickets are there normally or is that information classified?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Simon View Post
    I'm sure I've read in a couple of places (can't remember where!) that we have sold over 8k ST as well.

Considering that lots of people couldn't get places/areas in the 'new stadium' that they wanted and had to have places elseware would make me think that we would have sold more than what is quoted on here. Those who have bought season tickets to get places in the new stadium will have automatically have got season tickets for Widnes.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

According to Saints promotion material the West Stand has been allocated to away fans, that accounts for 3,022 available seats leaving only 10,371 seats available (including corporate)

If season tickets sales had been so high then surely the smaller East Stand, 2,443 seats would have been allocated to the away fans.

http://http://rugby.widnes.tv/stobartstadium.php

Wigan have just announced that they have sold over 10,000 season tickets.
    Last edited by Rogues Gallery; 14th January 2011 at 22:49.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    According to Saints promotion material the West Stand has been allocated to away fans, that accounts for 3,022 available seats leaving only 10,371 seats available (including corporate)

If season tickets sales had been so high then surely the smaller East Stand, 2,443 seats would have been allocated to the away fans.

http://http://rugby.widnes.tv/stobartstadium.php

Wigan have just announced that they have sold over 10,000 season tickets.
    Because you have no clue as to how stadium seating is decided. Just like you have no clue about the ability of young up and comming hookers
    2011 Season Bet

Huntingtons: Wigan to win the GF

Barney Rubble: Anyone else

£50 to the Steve Prescott Fund

Banned

If the west stand is on Lowerhouse Lane the stewarding neccesary outside is quite labour intensive due to crowd control. Maybe itwill only be utilised for perhaps Wigan Wire Leeds and the two Hull clubs. the rest of the time the away fans may end up in the end block of the main stand.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtons View Post
    Because you have no clue as to how stadium seating is decided. Just like you have no clue about the ability of young up and comming hookers
    So please explain why Saints would NOT take the extra revenue of the West Stand if the season tickets were sold?