Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we afford to keep Kyle ?

Got A Season Ticket

altho i like kyle i wouldnt be to bothered if he left, he hardly played last season and we didnt to to bad, if he wants to go let him i wouldnt fight for him

Quote Originally Posted by diggsy View Post
    altho i like kyle i wouldnt be to bothered if he left, he hardly played last season and we didnt to to bad, if he wants to go let him i wouldnt fight for him
    People keep saying this but he made 19 appearances last season which doesn't exactly fall into the category of hardly playing!

Learning All The Songs THELAST3YARDS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    Someone please change the title of this thread.
    The title is they key to getting the gut reaction, how did you feel when you read it?

This is what I was interested in.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by THELAST3YARDS View Post
    The title is they key to getting the gut reaction, how did you feel when you read it?

Chuffed to bits - would be great news.

I can honestly see it happening too.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Offer him something decent but in no way sacrifice other contracts to keep him. If he won't sign then tell Bath they can have him NOW and set the offer price high.

If he's gonna do one for nothing at the end of the year then let's not build around him and become reliant. So if he won't sign stick him in Reserve grade and play Lomax at 7.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Got A Season Ticket Exiled Saint's Avatar

all depends if we can get a replacement in,the guy has all the promise in the world,but that's all it is.For me I would me more upset if Roby left us to be honest,because he is a proven talent and that's what wins games,not promise.

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

You raised my hopes and then dashed them quite expertly! Bravo sir!

Got A Season Ticket

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by peter soutos tash View Post
    good post that mate
    im in the middle when it comes to kyle
    not sure if i want him or not
    not sure if hes that good or not
    yes he shows us touches of genius but is that enough?
    and as you stated loyalty works both ways as he'll find out if he stays
    some fans may turn against him and some may thank him for staying
    no one is bigger than the club as someone once said

Have merged both threads as I also feel that the one saying that Eastmond has signed is misleading. I think the majority of us would want him to stay as long as he does not hold the club to ransom with his wage demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Have merged both threads as I also feel that the one saying that Eastmond has signed is misleading. I think the majority of us would want him to stay as long as he does not hold the club to ransom with his wage demands.
    It was intended to get a gut reaction, I am interested in what this would be from many supporters.

A lot on here are in the "get rid" camp with a lot of calm rational posts to back this up.

I think the reality may be different if and when such an announcement was made.

Got A Season Ticket the actual don johnson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled Saint View Post
    all depends if we can get a replacement in,the guy has all the promise in the world,but that's all it is.For me I would me more upset if Roby left us to be honest,because he is a proven talent and that's what wins games,not promise.
    How would people feel about selling kyle this year or losing him next and getting matty smith back when he ooc in 2 years (i think).

Banned

Did we ever have these issues with Scully or Joynt, I am sure they were well paid but got it a different way. This lad is surrounded by Kramer and his new lap dog Offiah. He will make his choice and we wont have missed much really if he does go.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by tricia View Post
    Did we ever have these issues with Scully or Joynt, I am sure they were well paid but got it a different way. This lad is surrounded by Kramer and his new lap dog Offiah. He will make his choice and we wont have missed much really if he does go.
    Do you think that union were ever even remotely interested in Chris Joynt?

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the actual don johnson View Post
    How would people feel about selling kyle this year or losing him next and getting matty smith back when he ooc in 2 years (i think).
    Matty Smith was unfortunately shown up to be the average player he is during his stint with us at the back of last season. yes he had one great game but after that he seemed to struggle - for me he has found his level at Salford and i'd be extremely disappointed if we were to do such a thing

Firstly he is no longer represented by Offiah so he's got nothing to do with it.

Secondly if you call losing the most exciting talent in World RL 'not having missed much' then i'd hate to see what it wold take for us to lose something.

Kyle is a one in a generation type player and losing him would be a big blow. It's worth remembering through all of this that he is just a 20/21 year old boy with th eworld at his feet, it's only natural for him to investigate potential options however I sincerely hope our board manage to convince him that his future lies with us.

I cant see how we can possibly afford to keep Kyle, Jammer, Pryce and Roby under the cap.

1 of them will go, i feel, and obviously, it isn't going to be Roby.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    I cant see how we can possibly afford to keep Kyle, Jammer, Pryce and Roby under the cap.

Doubt Pryce will be with us in 2012 regardless of what happens with Eastmond.

In The South Stand

what a ridiculous comment.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    Offer him something decent but in no way sacrifice other contracts to keep him. If he won't sign then tell Bath they can have him NOW and set the offer price high.

If he's gonna do one for nothing at the end of the year then let's not build around him and become reliant. So if he won't sign stick him in Reserve grade and play Lomax at 7.
    firstly, no-one is going to pay a transfer fee for him. No RU club will want him now, when they can have him for free from pretty much the start of their next season.

secondly, what exactly is the benefit of keeping our best player in the reserves for a year?
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by the actual don johnson View Post
    it would genuinely depress me to see Matty Smith in a Saints shirt again.
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post

Graham is gone. Trust me. Pryce will be gone at the end of the year too back to bradford.
    2011 Season Bet

Huntingtons: Wigan to win the GF

Barney Rubble: Anyone else

£50 to the Steve Prescott Fund

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by THELAST3YARDS View Post

Thelast3yards is a liar !

That's how I felt. LIAR!!!! BAN HIM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    Thelast3yards is a liar !

That's how I felt. LIAR!!!! BAN HIM!!!
    Yeah, that lower case version!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Doubt Pryce will be with us in 2012 regardless of what happens with Eastmond.
    I agree. I sincerely hope Simmons will be actively integrating Wheeler/Lomax into the no.6 spot in readiness for Pryce's departure. Some serious planning needs to take place because we still have some transition to, er, transit.