Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Widnes/ on the road in 2011

Got A Season Ticket WidnesSaint's Avatar

Default Welcome to Widnes/ on the road in 2011

Just been reading the new article posted on the Saints site and just found out if you dont have a season ticket you have to sit in the east stand ( behind the sticks) Why cant we just sit anywhere ? Id prefer to be in the north stand as i have always stood on the side terracing at kr.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

And another thing - So people can only get a match day bus if they pay £40 in advance? No pay on the day? What about people who only go to a certain amount of games? What about people whose cicumstances change; i.e they can get a lift one game but maybe not the next? How to alienate sections of our support Part 47!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Does anyone know whereabouts in Eccleston the pick-up point will be for the Park N Ride option?

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    And another thing - So people can only get a match day bus if they pay £40 in advance? No pay on the day? What about people who only go to a certain amount of games? What about people whose cicumstances change; i.e they can get a lift one game but maybe not the next? How to alienate sections of our support Part 47!
    Isn't it £4 a game individually?

The match day prices are interesting to say the least

Learning All The Songs HitTheWall's Avatar

It says you can buy a ticket for the bus for a single game for £4 return.
    "If you think training is hard, try losing"

Got A Season Ticket WidnesSaint's Avatar

Could not agree more ! I just hate the fact we are now being told where we have to sit. Widnes truly is going to feel like an away ground now, I only stand/sit behind the sticks at away games

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Isn't it £4 a game individually?

The match day prices are interesting to say the least
    I presume the match day prices are as they are because of the reduced capacity of the ground to 13,000 (or whatever it is). Does anyone know or heard how much of the ground will be taken up by season ticket holders?

I had a bad feeling that there was somewhere in the region of 8000 to 10000 ticket holders and only a few thousand left for general sale. Could be a rush to get tickets for most games for those who pay on the door.

Learning All The Songs THELAST3YARDS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OsborneSaint View Post
    I presume the match day prices are as they are because of the reduced capacity of the ground to 13,000 (or whatever it is). Does anyone know or heard how much of the ground will be taken up by season ticket holders?

I had a bad feeling that there was somewhere in the region of 8000 to 10000 ticket holders and only a few thousand left for general sale. Could be a rush to get tickets for most games for those who pay on the door.
    Bad feeling? I think this would be fantastic to sell this many

Learning All The Songs HitTheWall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OsborneSaint View Post

8000 to 10000, wow. Great if this is true.
    "If you think training is hard, try losing"

I think we must have sold a lot more Season Tickets than we normally do because of the new stadium. People were buying tickets for the new ground whether it be sitting or standing so that they could get were they wanted to be. Therefore they have purchased season Tickets for the Widnes ground and have been allocated places there which correspond as near as possible to their places at our New Stadium If that is the case then anyone who has not got a season ticket will have to have whatever is left. What more can the club do Widnes is a much smaller ground.

Quote Originally Posted by HitTheWall View Post
    It says you can buy a ticket for the bus for a single game for £4 return.
    Fair play but it also say no cash on the day.

Personally, I would want to travel from Lea Green. It's a bit off to either make me trek to town im midweek or make me have to buy a bus ticket by mail order.

Surely the plan is to make it as easy as possible for people without cars to get to games not as difficult as possible.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by tomhsaints View Post
    Could not agree more ! I just hate the fact we are now being told where we have to sit. Widnes truly is going to feel like an away ground now, I only stand/sit behind the sticks at away games
    You are not being told where you have to sit. You have a choice of buying the most expensive seats in Rugby League outside of London if you want.

Banned

Personally, I would want to travel from Lea Green. It's a bit off to either make me trek to town im midweek or make me have to buy a bus ticket by mail order.
    I think Saints are doing their best. It wasn't their fault that the credit crunch delayed plans by a year. I'm not sure what else the club could do. It's possible that neither Hattons (the £4 per match arrangement) or Arriva (the £40 for the season arrangement) would tolerate pay on the day because they would have to judge how many buses to take out of service to use on the Halton Stadium run.

I'm hoping to buy the £40 season ticket as it's a great deal even if I don't turn up to some matches, and I'm free to just wait for a bus without worrying about having the cash available to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomhsaints View Post
    Just been reading the new article posted on the Saints site and just found out if you dont have a season ticket you have to sit in the east stand ( behind the sticks) Why cant we just sit anywhere ? Id prefer to be in the north stand as i have always stood on the side terracing at kr.
    I guess that would be the ideal arrangement but presumably because Halton Stadium is much smaller than KR and all seated fans aren't as free to go where they like. It's going to be a real culture change. I prefer standing and I like to stand along the side. I'm going to be sitting behind the sticks at Widnes! Not the best but it's all we have for 2011. Better than no place at all I suppose!

I wonder whether those of us with season tickets will have to get to the stadium by a certain time so that the ticket people will know when to start letting in the rabble? Sorry, I mean those without season tickets?

Have to say that as a non season ticket holder, being told that I can't sit where I want is hard to swallow. Due to my shifts, its not cost effective for me to buy a season ticket as its hard to work out what games I will miss until the fixtures come out and I end up using leave for the big ones anyway. I know they have to please as many as they want but 13,000 is only 4,500 less than the capacity of KR. Its not an astronomical number. And what about the season ticket holders who may want to go behind the sticks? Can they still do that or have I missed something.

However to be fair, its an interim arrangement and if it means putting up with this before the big move, then its not the worst thing in the world.

Learning All The Songs Barney Rubble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Have to say that as a non season ticket holder, being told that I can't sit where I want is hard to swallow. Due to my shifts, its not cost effective for me to buy a season ticket as its hard to work out what games I will miss until the fixtures come out and I end up using leave for the big ones anyway. I know they have to please as many as they want but 13,000 is only 4,500 less than the capacity of KR. Its not an astronomical number. And what about the season ticket holders who may want to go behind the sticks? Can they still do that or have I missed something.

However to be fair, its an interim arrangement and if it means putting up with this before the big move, then its not the worst thing in the world.
    Can you sit where you want at Old Trafford and Anfield if you dont have a season ticket ?
    And on the eighth day he created The Saints and he said " Go forth and entertain !"

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Can you sit where you want at Old Trafford and Anfield if you dont have a season ticket ?
    Don't know about Anfield but at OT yes. As a member you can apply for tickets and they ask you for our first and second choices. Whenever I have got tickets they have nearly always been in my first choice stand.

Don't know about Anfield but at OT yes. As a member you can apply for tickets and they ask you for our first and second choices. Whenever I have got tickets they have nearly always been in my first choice stand.
    So a season ticket holder at United might not sit in the same seat week in week out ?
    And on the eighth day he created The Saints and he said " Go forth and entertain !"

So a season ticket holder at United might not sit in the same seat week in week out ?
    Yes of course they would. But there is ample room left in each stand for no season ticket holders to sit. If for arguments sake they all decided to sit in the East Stand then there would probably be a problem but as it is they are scattered all round the ground.

Banned

And what about the season ticket holders who may want to go behind the sticks? Can they still do that or have I missed something.
    I'm a season ticket holder who will be sitting behind the sticks. But that is because I have a season ticket for the West Stand in the new stadium, ie the home standing area. However, a season ticket holder for the North Stand cannot sit in the East Stand because if they did, there would be chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I'm a season ticket holder who will be sitting behind the sticks. But that is because I have a season ticket for the West Stand in the new stadium, ie the home standing area. However, a season ticket holder for the North Stand cannot sit in the East Stand because if they did, there would be chaos.
    Now I am all confused. Think I will just turn up and hope for the best

Noooobie

Probably paying the same old £18 to watch Saints and the rest is going to Widnes.

The club must be looking at the posts on here (mine included) and thinking, "I wonder why I bother, the place is full of bone heads".

I'm not sure anyone seems to have grasped what's going on here but it's not that difficult.

The information clearly states that seats are available in three of the four stands. The fourth is the 'away' end.

In those three stands, the East is unreserved; i.e you can sit where you like. This is the equivalent of the West in the new stadium, where you stand where you like.

The North and South at Widnes and the new stadium are both reserved; i.e you sit in the seat you are allocated.

Quite where people are reading that you can only sit in the East Stand is beyond me. It doesn't say that anywhere.

Confusion has reigned. Let's hope we are now all with it!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojones View Post
    Probably paying the same old £18 to watch Saints and the rest is going to Widnes.
    None of it will go to Widnes. There may be costs going to Halton Borough Council though.

At the end of the day, it's not ideal, but renting a stadium has to be funded somehow.

The club must be looking at the posts on here (mine included) and thinking, "I wonder why I bother, the place is full of bone heads".

I'm not sure anyone seems to have grasped what's going on here but it's not that difficult.

The information clearly states that seats are available in three of the four stands. The fourth is the 'away' end.

In those three stands, the East is unreserved; i.e you can sit where you like. This is the equivalent of the West in the new stadium, where you stand where you like.

The North and South at Widnes and the new stadium are both reserved; i.e you sit in the seat you are allocated.

Quite where people are reading that you can only sit in the East Stand is beyond me. It doesn't say that anywhere.

Confusion has reigned. Let's hope we are now all with it!
    They do think we're all bone heads, but, thats second on the list behind 1. "how can we wind up DD".

They do think we're all bone heads, but, thats second on the list behind 1. "how can we wind up DD".
    Very true!