Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: St George supporters coming over from Oz

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Major View Post
    Good news. We've managed to secure tickets to your game vs Warrigton! We'll be in the Eastern Stand. We will be meeting you all at the George Hotel beforehand most definitely. How do we go about getting onto one of these coaches heading to the game? Will we be better heading back to the George after to celeberate or best staying in Widnes for a bit or just head back to Manchester and get on it there?
    Think you better let them know how many places you want for the coach before hand as they might ned to book an exra one. Should imagine you'd be better off back at the George. Rumour has it the local pub in Widnes The Albion is hiking the price of a pint up by 35p for Saints games held in Widnes. Where are you staying that night?

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Conact St Bert on here he is the man for the George coaches , as was said you need to let him know how many of you there are and I think after the game it will be jumping in The George it usually is
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Major View Post
    Will we be better heading back to the George after to celeberate or best staying in Widnes for a bit or just head back to Manchester and get on it there?
    Game will finish about 9.40 pm.

Coach will probably back at George ay 10.30 at earliest.

The last train from Manchester to St Helens that night is from St Helens Junction at 23.45

You would therefore have 45 minutes maximum before needing to get a cab to St Helens Junction to get the last train (and taxis are not easy to get at that time of night in St Helens).

I would do the George pre match, and then go back to Manchster from Widnes.

If you want a good bar to have a drink in Manchester frollowing the game- this is where I went driniking after our Grand Final defeat last year;

http://www.tapsbar.co.uk/

Each night we are staying at the Ibis hotel in Manchester. We will have to get our way back there post game. Id say we'd be doing the George before the game and maybe then back at the Albion afterwards for a brief stint and then head back to the Hotel from there and see whats doing out and about in Manchester i guess. Thanks heaps for all of your help guys. Come introduce yourselves at some stage and i'll shout you a pint.

Learning All The Songs

Wish I was around major. I've been to a game at Kogarah many years back vs the Warriors - Mundine ran the show - then a few schooners in the Leagues Club - wow - what a place!

Do me a favour - have a great time and smash Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    Wish I was around major. I've been to a game at Kogarah many years back vs the Warriors - Mundine ran the show - then a few schooners in the Leagues Club - wow - what a place!

I had a good day and night there too, in 1992 on the Lions Tour! I watched St George v Newcastle Knights at Kogarah. Returned another night for a Sportsmans Dinner among some true legends of the game both from GB and Australia the likes of Johnny Raper, etc. Followed by possibly the worse hangover I have ever experienced the next day !