Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: St George supporters coming over from Oz

Quote Originally Posted by jonnythesaint View Post
    Why is it a terrible place?
    Because, like many many towns in the North West, it suffers from a serious lack of under investment in the wake of the decline of industry.

Don't worry, I slam my area in much the same way.

Banned

Are you taking the ****, or are you just a complete and utter knob?
    Screw you buddy

Why is it a terrible place?
    Just the general whiff of decay and desolation about much of the place I guess. And the massive chav and knuckle scraping lowlife element that infests the town doesn't help. Throw in a healthy dose of endemic bigotry from a sizeable proportion of the population and bingo - a horrible place is born.

Nothampton has it's share of decay, chav scumbags and miscellaneous -isms as well of course but to nothing like the same concentrations as 'Tellins does.
    Last edited by Northampton_Saint; 10th January 2011 at 10:49.

Got A Season Ticket Wizards Sleeve's Avatar

The pub on the corner is called The Albion. Nice big ale house just two minutes walk from the ground. Also one further down called The Cricketers. Or at least that's what they used to be called. I agree though, they could both be full of Wire knobs.

Having a drink near the ground this season could be real problem. There will be next to no walk up supporters (apart from Widnes fans who get free Saints tickets with their own season tickets). There's gonna effectively 10,000 away fans at every game who have travelled by car, bus etc. Parking will be a nightmare too.

Go smash 'em guys. I'm sure most Saints fans will behind the other red vee against Wigan...
    Born in St.Helens (Lancashire). Live in Hull. Probably die in Hull if I keep wearing this Red Vee.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Northampton_Saint View Post
    Screw you buddy

Just the general whiff of decay and desolation about much of the place I guess. And the massive chav and knuckle scraping lowlife element that infests the town doesn't help. Throw in a healthy dose of endemic bigotry from a sizeable proportion of the population and bingo - a horrible place is born.

Nothampton has it's share of decay, chav scumbags and miscellaneous -isms as well of course but to nothing like the same concentrations as 'Tellins does.
    So you're a knob then. Cheers for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizards Sleeve View Post
    There will be next to no walk up supporters (apart from Widnes fans who get free Saints tickets with their own season tickets). There's gonna effectively 10,000 away fans at every game who have travelled by car, bus etc. Parking will be a nightmare too.
    Not heard the highlighted bit, and cant see it stated anywhere on the Widnes website.

How will that work then as Saints fans have dedicated seats allocated?
    Also if this is the case, then would it not be better for Saints fans to purchase a Widnes season ticket for the forthcoming season as a family ticket can be had for just £193 at Widnes.

IS this therefore just gossip?

Banned

So you're a knob then. Cheers for the heads up.
    Nope - just an intelligent, well educated guy capable of reasoned debate without resorting to childish namecalling in the absence of said debating ability. Unlike some.

Learning All The Songs

Nope - just an intelligent, well educated guy capable of reasoned debate without resorting to childish namecalling in the absence of said debating ability. Unlike some.
    Yet you seem to form the most awful opinions on a town, and it's population, that you haven't lived in for 23 years, and only pop back to watch the rugby team, and visit family.

They're not the opinions of an "intelligent, well educated guy" they're the opinions of a knob, no matter how you like to dress it up.

Banned

Yet you seem to form the most awful opinions on a town, and it's population, that you haven't lived in for 23 years, and only pop back to watch the rugby team, and visit family.

They're not the opinions of an "intelligent, well educated guy" they're the opinions of a knob, no matter how you like to dress it up.
    Whatever... You just keep yourself warm at nights with your silly arguments, preposterously formed opinions and brainless insults if it makes you happy. I'll just keep on forming my own opinions based on my experiences of visiting the town regularly and knowing and frequently speaking to lots of people who live there instead if that's all right with you?

Perhaps there are other opinions I've formed through first hand experience that you'd like to insult me for and instead try and argue that I should instead have another opinion based on no truth whatsoever. Let's try this topical one on for starters - in my experience winter tends to be cold. Please feel free to now tell me that I'm a t**t for thinking that, that I'm talking through my a**e for having that opinion and that it's actually warm, so there.

Anyway, as I've said, St. Helens is indeed populated by a very high number of mouth breathing, knuckle scraping lowlifes. Thank you for so ably demonstrating my point for me first hand. I am in your debt, as always.

Learning All The Songs Mac Saint's Avatar

Cool

As someone who escaped 23 years ago, the only things I've ever missed about 'Tellins are being able to walk to Saints, being able to go into chippies and asking for a "split and a fish" without the woman behind the counter calling the police, and Pimmies. As Pimmies have now gone utter and complete s***e that leaves only 2 things to recommend the place ("Dream" is OK I guess but is hardly a decent replacement for the long lost and lamented steak and meat 'n potato with a raspberry tart for afters). Face it guys but the place is a horrible dump and were it not for Saints and the requisite family visits you'd never see me near the place.
    You should think yourself lucky that your not from Castleford/Wakefield like me

Learning All The Songs Barney Rubble's Avatar

Whatever... You just keep yourself warm at nights with your silly arguments, preposterously formed opinions and brainless insults if it makes you happy. I'll just keep on forming my own opinions based on my experiences of visiting the town regularly and knowing and frequently speaking to lots of people who live there instead if that's all right with you?

Perhaps there are other opinions I've formed through first hand experience that you'd like to insult me for and instead try and argue that I should instead have another opinion based on no truth whatsoever. Let's try this topical one on for starters - in my experience winter tends to be cold. Please feel free to now tell me that I'm a t**t for thinking that, that I'm talking through my a**e for having that opinion and that it's actually warm, so there.

Anyway, as I've said, St. Helens is indeed populated by a very high number of mouth breathing, knuckle scraping lowlifes. Thank you for so ably demonstrating my point for me first hand. I am in your debt, as always.
    first you offend st helens people now your offending mother nature saying its cold in winter !
    And on the eighth day he created The Saints and he said " Go forth and entertain !"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Saint View Post
    Ouch! Castleford makes St. Helens look like... well, Northampton really

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    first you offend st helens people now your offending mother nature saying its cold in winter !
    Oh, don't get me started on her.... And as for that God bloke...

Starting A Programme Collection Ell Saint Blues's Avatar

Why has this thread gone so randomly off topic, I hope the St George fans don't read it, as it would certainley put me off meeting up with our fans.
    TRY rugby league at Blackbrook Royals : http://www.blackbrookrugby.co.uk/

Starting A Programme Collection Red_V_Roger's Avatar
    Peregian Springs, (near Noosa) Queensland

Quote Originally Posted by Ell Saint Blues View Post
    Why has this thread gone so randomly off topic, I hope the St George fans don't read it, as it would certainley put me off meeting up with our fans.
    I don't think you need worry:

Brighton-Le-Sands Beach - 5 minutes from St George

Widnes & River Mersey - 5 minutes from Widnes

They'll work it out.
    Gone Walkabout...

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger View Post

This is the beauty of the internet.Without it us mere mortals from the frozen north of England wouldn't know what it's like south of the Runcorn Bridge.Oh well,i have to go and put my flat cap on and take the wippets for a walk

They'll work it out.

Got A Season Ticket Wizards Sleeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    Not heard the highlighted bit, and cant see it stated anywhere on the Widnes website.

How will that work then as Saints fans have dedicated seats allocated?
    Also if this is the case, then would it not be better for Saints fans to purchase a Widnes season ticket for the forthcoming season as a family ticket can be had for just £193 at Widnes.

IS this therefore just gossip?
    I could have been misinformed. Half my family are from Widnes, I was a with couple of my uncles last week (who I might add are NOT season ticket holders), that's what they told me but your comments make more sense. To be honest I thought the same. Maybe they got it wrong, maybe Saints STH can go to Widnes games. That would make more sense.
    Born in St.Helens (Lancashire). Live in Hull. Probably die in Hull if I keep wearing this Red Vee.

Starting A Programme Collection luckysaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Saint View Post
    Hooray another Saints fan in Waky (well Normy, it's all the same really), thought I was the only one!! You are right though it is probably worse than St Helens, thankfully we are near(ish) to some Cities where there is a bit more life and a good curry is available.
    McManus cider, MMMmmmmm refreshing

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luckysaint View Post
    good curry is available.
    There's good curry available in St Helens, on North Road. I love that takeaway. And I've lived in Yarkshire too, home of the curry.

There are many places worse than St Helens. Wigan, for instance.

Banned

Northampton Saint is spot on we do have knuckle draggers is St Helens, and a council who have allowed too many hostels to circulate the centre. Now Northampton that multi cultural centre of grooming of teenage girls, and with a thriving red light area fuelled by er drugs. Not much in it pal really. As for Australia its hot its sweaty and you will always be an outsider having barbies with ex pats talking about hhome

Fair dinkum guys! Handbags at 20 paces!! Can we get back on topic please? I respect the fact you all are staunch about where you are from and where you are at, but can you save the hijacking for another thread? My ovaries are hurting.

I am sure the whole of St Helens will be cheering on the St George team, and no doubt there will be St Helens fans in atendance giving it a " come on you saintsssss " and sticking the fingers to the backward pie fans

Enjoy the trip to all georgie fans, bring yer thermals and enjoy the fantastic exchange rate, you can afford to drink and eat for a change now.

GOOD LUCK THE VEE
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

They'll work it out.
    Good use of pictures there. I could just as easily produce a picture of the Lake District/Cotswolds etc and compare it to a shitty town in Australia.

People like you make me laugh, you emigrate but still feel fit to slag off your roots. A couple of my mates live in Oz and NZ but just enjoy their life without feeling the need to brag or to denigrate others. Lets face it, the big draw is the climate and even then its not always rosy. Am sure the people of Queensland and Brisbane will testify to that.

I am a well travelled person who has also lived in London for a few years also so don't tar me with someone who has never left St Helens. I could emigrate tomorrow but appreciate my close family and mates and have a great social life that means I don't miss the idea of moving. If it suits you great, but stop finding ways of putting the boot in when there are others who are naturally proud of their roots.

If Australia's climate was like ours, it would be nothing like the same.

Oh I will say one thing, the food must be great over there as judging by the pics you post, you certainly eat enough of it.

welshsaint
    Non Members

They'll work it out.
    Jeeze I pass through Widnes every Saints home game and many of the away games too and I haven't seen either the beach or that street. Some-one's aving a giraffe. That brighton-le-sands looks a bit mucky

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Good use of pictures there. I could just as easily produce a picture of the Lake District/Cotswolds etc and compare it to a shitty town in Australia.

People like you make me laugh, you emigrate but still feel fit to slag off your roots. A couple of my mates live in Oz and NZ but just enjoy their life without feeling the need to brag or to denigrate others. Lets face it, the big draw is the climate and even then its not always rosy. Am sure the people of Queensland and Brisbane will testify to that.

I am a well travelled person who has also lived in London for a few years also so don't tar me with someone who has never left St Helens. I could emigrate tomorrow but appreciate my close family and mates and have a great social life that means I don't miss the idea of moving. If it suits you great, but stop finding ways of putting the boot in when there are others who are naturally proud of their roots.

Oh I will say one thing, the food must be great over there as judging by the pics you post, you certainly eat enough of it.
    Miaow!

Fair point though. I live in London, but St Helens is still home, always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    Miaow!

Fair point though. I live in London, but St Helens is still home, always will be.
    Yeah, but its a shyt home isnt it , nowt like yer penthouse in Richmond, and your winter house in Windsor.
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post

excellent post.my thoughts to a point.my wife was brought up in northern ireland,but never once have i heard i say she was glad to escape or rubbish the place where she lived.she is proud of her roots.