Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Moaning minnies in rugby league

Noooobie

Default Moaning minnies in rugby league

I really despair about some Saints supporters......as well as some general rugby league supporters who are always moaning.
    I know people at work who are going to pick their matches next season after having been season ticket matches holders for many years.
    How fickle are these people? (and I have told them by the way)
    Rugby League is a passion and a crusade.
    There is nothing wrong in constructive criticism,but I find it amazing that people moan about just about everything.Do you think rugby union supporters moan about things as much as RL supporters? No way!
    The rugby league papers are full of people moaning about just about anything.
    Stop moaning...and start supporting rugby league warts and all starting with the Magic weekend. Tickets are so cheap and it is a brilliant social weekend,so,stop moaning about the weather("oooh it's cold"...northern people are soft..it doesn't stop rugby union supporters and god forbid....have you not experienced winter rugby?)
    Buy the rugby league papers and magazine.
    Talk up the greatest game!

In The South Stand

Im sure there are a multitude of reasons to pick games,finance,work,family ect ect.Rugby league is entertainment,if you cant go for what ever reason or even dont feel like going then who are you to critise ? I myself pick my games,this is due to me being a mental health carer and i cant go to every game,couple that with having to tighten the purse strings it leaves me with little choice.

Everyones circumstances are different and 2011 will be a tough year financially for many people given what is going on in the economy. I'm going with my wife to Cardiff. I managed to get the Ibis hotel for £50 a night and return trains for £11 each , each way , add ' cheap' tickets for season ticket holders at c £18 each and thats about £180 before a penny has been spent. That is a fair bit of wonga in anyones book and I have done it on the cheap. Not everyone will afford to shell that out. In addition the decision to play 'home' games at widnes on a Friday night is in my opinion a huge mistake. It wouldn't shock me if gates drop below 4000 when the lesser lights are the opposition .
    Last edited by Div; 9th January 2011 at 02:35.

Learning All The Songs HitTheWall's Avatar

4 posts and you're already taking a pop at people... Marvellous.

There's a multitude of reasons why people may pick and choose games next year, doesn't make them fickle. By the same logic are the supporters who choose not to travel to away games fickle?

I've been a season ticket holder for ten years now (7 of those paid out of my own pocket rather than bought for me), going most home and away matches. Next season no doubt I will be picking and choosing matches, not because I love Saints any less, but because of personal circumstance.
    "If you think training is hard, try losing"

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    It wouldn't shock me if gates drop below 4000 when the lesser lights are the opposition .
    I think we have got in excess of 6000 season tickets sold (or thereabouts)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    add ' cheap' tickets for season ticket holders at c £18 each
    I paid £12.50 for my Cardiff ticket using my season ticket voucher.

Learning All The Songs HitTheWall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    The weekend tickets for STH are around £18, I'm assuming yours is just a day ticket?
    "If you think training is hard, try losing"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

We quite clearly needed another thread on this. One was never going to be enough.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Nobody needs to justify to anyone whether they go to a match or not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HitTheWall View Post
    The weekend tickets for STH are around £18, I'm assuming yours is just a day ticket?
    Yes it was. That would explain the difference then. I didn't even look at the weekend tickets as I was never going to be able to afford to stay overnight so I didn't notice what was being charged.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    We quite clearly needed another thread on this. One was never going to be enough.
    hahahahahaha lol.

Banned

There is a lovely culture around in life at the moment: ...... " be / do the best you can in any given situation".
    No one has a right to knock anyone else for what they, personally, are lucky enough to be able to achieve. We all do the best we can and I am happy to live with that situation.

Learning All The Songs

I'm bored of people posting/starting threads regarding moaning. It's BORING.
    CSM Services for all your Fork-Lift Truck requirements.

Ring me, Peter or Jim on 01257 424548.lol

U
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I think we have got in excess of 6000 season tickets sold (or thereabouts)
    Maybe and I have spoken to people who have done the 5 year deal but who intend picking their games. I reckon for quins, wakey, salford etc crowds will be sparse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I did say I was going for the weekend its about 18 quid and that is a bargain without question.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Alf's memory View Post
    I really despair about some Saints supporters......as well as some general rugby league supporters who are always moaning.
    I know people at work who are going to pick their matches next season after having been season ticket matches holders for many years.
    How fickle are these people? (and I have told them by the way)
    Rugby League is a passion and a crusade.
    There is nothing wrong in constructive criticism,but I find it amazing that people moan about just about everything.Do you think rugby union supporters moan about things as much as RL supporters? No way!
    The rugby league papers are full of people moaning about just about anything.
    Stop moaning...and start supporting rugby league warts and all starting with the Magic weekend. Tickets are so cheap and it is a brilliant social weekend,so,stop moaning about the weather("oooh it's cold"...northern people are soft..it doesn't stop rugby union supporters and god forbid....have you not experienced winter rugby?)
    Buy the rugby league papers and magazine.
    Talk up the greatest game!
    come on then, which regular is behind this micky poor attempt at a wind up