Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let the millenium not be nearly empty.

[QUOTE=ploughman;325570]they aren't being asked to watch 4 matches in a day

Neither are we, you can watch as many as you want for a ridiculously low price. I can fully understand people who don't see the point but I have been to 3 previous Magic weekends. The two Cardiff ones were great, Edinburgh not quite as good. For me I'm looking forward to a nice weekend away and a chance to relax with other RL fans.

In The South Stand

[QUOTE=Sean Day;325571]
    Quote Originally Posted by ploughman View Post
    they aren't being asked to watch 4 matches in a day

Neither are we, you can watch as many as you want for a ridiculously low price. I can fully understand people who don't see the point but I have been to 3 previous Magic weekends. The two Cardiff ones were great, Edinburgh not quite as good. For me I'm looking forward to a nice weekend away and a chance to relax with other RL fans.
    i have enjoyed the weekend myself,and take on board what you are saying,but its still a stupid time of year to have the event.in the past i have enjoyed watching the other teams as well as saints.its a long way to go just for 1 match.i dont mind freezing watching saints,but its hard to justify it watching someone elses team.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Are people allowed in and out of the stadium or is it a case of once you're in, that's it?
    Last time I went you could go in and out. Not sure if they gave you a wristband or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Last time I went you could go in and out. Not sure if they gave you a wristband or something.
    I hope that will be the case this time too. If one of the other matches gets a bit dull then I'd like to be able to explore the city a bit knowing I could rescue my place somewhere at a later time. I suppose I will just have to wait and see.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I hope that will be the case this time too. If one of the other matches gets a bit dull then I'd like to be able to explore the city a bit knowing I could rescue my place somewhere at a later time. I suppose I will just have to wait and see.
    I'm hoping so too, because I'm going with 3 Wire fans and their game is the 1st on Saturday and ours is the last game. 9 hours in a cold stadium won't be fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

16 of us going (vast majority not RL regulars from various parts of the country). Can't wait, always a great weekend.

Cracks me up how people who don't want to / can't attend bag the event so much - just enjoy the fact that there'll be a stack of top quality RL on TV that weekend as a result and let the rest of us enjoy it in Cardiff without hearing constant RL fan copyrighted negativity.

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    16 of us going (vast majority not RL regulars from various parts of the country). Can't wait, always a great weekend.

Cracks me up how people who don't want to / can't attend bag the event so much - just enjoy the fact that there'll be a stack of top quality RL on TV that weekend as a result and let the rest of us enjoy it in Cardiff without hearing constant RL fan copyrighted negativity.
    The concept of this weekend is very very good, however the actual event is dire. Previous weekends in Cardiff have been great, but then the move to Scotland was a nightmare. Although it's billed as great games all in one stadium over a weekend the reality is this:
    Half filled stadia with little atmosphere apart from the big games like Hull v Hull Kr, saints v Wigan etc, and the games themselves are poor compared to the same games at home or away.

Hopefully this year will be better, but with it being so early in the season and teams patchy and rusty It could be a bad advert for the game. Plus if it's like last year with the weather getting to Cardiff will be a nightmare.

Got A Season Ticket

The "magic" weekend had run it's course and is now a blight on our game.

It's failed in it's purpose to spread the Super League gospel to South Wales, it has done absolutely nothing to spread rhe game in Scotland. The expansion issue addressed, for the dyed in the wool league fans it offers......

A) A skewed 27 game fixture list.
    A joke "big bang" start to the new season played in front of a 3/4 empty stadium.
    C) An early chance to add to the residue Christmas debt with another expensive week end away in addition to the trip to OT, Wembley and Catalan among others.
    D) Another sure sign that the RFL don't listen to the fans. A way to improve the w-e was to move it to a later Bank Holiday w-e, the result being that they move it to an earlier, colder, non bank holiday.

Sorry but it's a joke, and another shot in the foot for those that love this game. Add it to the farcical state of the "international" game and the equally ridiculous "CLub Call" and we wonder why others don't take the game seriously :-(.