Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Moaning winkers

Banned

Default Moaning winkers

I'm sick of people on this site spending their whole time moaning

Rugby League is a great and exciting sport

SAINTS are a great team to follow...its always exciting because I never have a clue if we are going to win or lose

Lighten up and just enjoy it, you bunch of moaning.......idiots

ITS FUN
    ITS ONLY SPORT

its not real life, its an escape

Escape and enjoy it

Got A Season Ticket

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTSGUS View Post

Oh the irony!!

Learning All The Songs HitTheWall's Avatar

No one is denying that Rugby League is a fun sport, and I'm sure if people didn't enjoy it at all then they wouldn't be wasting their spare time posting on a dedicated forum.

However, as paying customers to Saints and to the game of rugby league in general, posters are well within their rights to pick up on a few issues and discuss them. Afterall, a forum is all about debate, whether it be positive or negative. Calling people 'idiots' because they don't share your views on the game and because they have different opinions is a bit much. Maybe you should take a bit of your own advice and 'lighten up' pal.
    "If you think training is hard, try losing"

Got A Season Ticket

SAINTS are a great team to follow...its always exciting because I never have a clue if we are going to win or lose

ITS FUN
    ITS ONLY SPORT

Escape and enjoy it
    Stop moaning, and enjoy RL.

In The South Stand

ITS FUN
    ITS ONLY SPORT

Escape and enjoy it

Now thats what I call a good moan, bet you feel better now.

Learning All The Songs Barney Rubble's Avatar

Its is funny that youve had a moan about the moaning But i know what you mean....If people come on to praise as much as moan then it wouldnt be as bad.
    And on the eighth day he created The Saints and he said " Go forth and entertain !"

Starting A Programme Collection

ITS FUN
    ITS ONLY SPORT

Escape and enjoy it
    Im sick of people moaning about people moaning.

ITS ONLY SPORT
    2011 Season Bet

Huntingtons: Wigan to win the GF

Barney Rubble: Anyone else

£50 to the Steve Prescott Fund

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Sometimes there are things to be happy about, sometimes there are things to moan about. Forums are for debate. If you think the moaning is misplaced, tradition is for the respondent to inform the 'moanee' why he thinks he is wrong in a thoughtful and incisive manner.

In your opinion it is, in my opinion it has seen better days, in 95% of the country's opinion, it's a bit unexciting really.

To be fair, when we played Toulouse, Barrow and a few others, I had a 'clue' that we'd win. Call me Sherlock Holmes if you wish, but such an eventuality wasn't entirely unexpected. Apart from Gus of Southport, I doubt many strolled across the Knowsley Road forecourt thinking "mmm, this is hanging in the balance today. Could be a right nail-biter this one.

Then of course there are Grand Finals. The phrase 'cast in stone' springs to mind.

IF people didn't enjoy it, they wouldn't waste their time 'moaning' about it. I enjoy Chinese food but it doesn't mean to say that the Silver Stream's cuisine is not worth moaning about it. It is. because it's shit.

ITS FUN
    ITS ONLY SPORT

I might be wrong here but when I take out a monthly payment of £20 and I'm out of work then it's very much real life; unless the whole thing is some 'Dallas' style dream and I'm going to wake up back in 1986 and discover the whole deal never happened.

Escape and enjoy it
    Moaning on forums is a form of escape. A quite enjoyable way of letting off steam actually.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

ITS FUN
    ITS ONLY SPORT

Escape and enjoy it
    How much did the RFL/Saints pay you to write that? When fans stop bringing up valid points of concern about the sport and teams that they give their emotions, time and hard-earned money to support then we may as well admit defeat. RL is not life and death, it is obviously just a sport, but sport is real life and I personally don't spend endless hours and endless amounts of money travelling up from London to follow my team to be told I then have no say in how the sport is going.

If you're happy with absolutely everything then I'm delighted for you. Some will share your views, some will have issues they have with the game, whether it be the over-sized play-offs, the dilution of importance of the regular season, the general style of play, the over-reliance of over-the-hill NRL players, the demise of England as a genuine international force, the ineptness of the RFL administrators, the Franchise system, lack of promotion and relegation, etc, etc.

When admission to Saints matches becomes free, when subscribing to Sky to watch Super League becomes free and when Virgin Trains allow me to travel up for a game for free then I'll agree with you, RL will have become an 'escape' from real life, it will be not my business to complain, comment and discuss issues I have with the game. Until then, I will!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    How much did the RFL/Saints pay you to write that? When fans stop bringing up valid points of concern about the sport and teams that they give their emotions, time and hard-earned money to support then we may as well admit defeat. RL is not life and death, it is obviously just a sport, but sport is real life and I personally don't spend endless hours and endless amounts of money travelling up from London to follow my team to be told I then have no say in how the sport is going.

If you're happy with absolutely everything then I'm delighted for you. Some will share your views, some will have issues they have with the game, whether it be the over-sized play-offs, the dilution of importance of the regular season, the general style of play, the over-reliance of over-the-hill NRL players, the demise of England as a genuine international force, the ineptness of the RFL administrators, the Franchise system, lack of promotion and relegation, etc, etc.

When admission to Saints matches becomes free, when subscribing to Sky to watch Super League becomes free and when Virgin Trains allow me to travel up for a game for free then I'll agree with you, RL will have become an 'escape' from real life, it will be not my business to complain, comment and discuss issues I have with the game. Until then, I will!
    Of course everyone has the RIGHT to moan, it just seems to have a snowball effect on here ! I think the problem is we all need the season to start. It feels like forever since i watched a game of rugby...were all having withdrawll symptoms
    And on the eighth day he created The Saints and he said " Go forth and entertain !"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Of course everyone has the RIGHT to moan, it just seems to have a snowball effect on here ! I think the problem is we all need the season to start. It feels like forever since i watched a game of rugby...were all having withdrawll symptoms
    You could be right, and I agree to an extent that negative threads end up being the longest and most heated, but that's the off season for you. It's a time when we have more time to think about what we like and dislike about our sport, as from Feb to Oct we're all more concerned with who we're playing next weekend, how we're playing, who's injured etc, etc.

But I will add, we follow a relatively big club who are doing pretty well and we're a year away from our new ground being finished and a new era starting. We have a great young bunch of players and things look good IMO. So, if a percentage of us have so much that worries us then maybe there are real issues wrong with our game.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    All the local open age and junior teams play over the winter (well for now, they're moving to summers soon too) so go and watch one of them. Some of the junior games a re really good, a great way to spend a Sunday morning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    All the local open age and junior teams play over the winter (well for now, they're moving to summers soon too) so go and watch one of them. Some of the junior games a re really good, a great way to spend a Sunday morning.
    Huh? You would be a masochist then? A great way to spend a Sunday morning is tucked up in bed, sleeping like a baby!

I know and im looking at the different Under 7s teams to take my 5 year old son, to see if he likes it and get used to the enviroment that kind of thing.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

There's a nice group of kids at Blackbrook, the U7s coach is a really nice man Mine play there at U9s and U15s and it's a really good club. And Wanderer I thought you were a Thatto coach - you should be applauding my enthusiasm, not dissing it

And unless the weather does us, the U15s are playing Rylands at Brook on Sunday at 10.30 so if you're desperate to watch a game, it's there and it's free. All support welcome....

Learning All The Songs

I've watched Saints for 34 years this coming season, and moaned for every one of those years about something. It's genetic i think. Shit happens eh?
    CSM Services for all your Fork-Lift Truck requirements.

Ring me, Peter or Jim on 01257 424548.lol

In The South Stand

There's a nice group of kids at Blackbrook, the U7s coach is a really nice man Mine play there at U9s and U15s and it's a really good club. And Wanderer I thought you were a Thatto coach - you should be applauding my enthusiasm, not dissing it

And unless the weather does us, the U15s are playing Rylands at Brook on Sunday at 10.30 so if you're desperate to watch a game, it's there and it's free. All support welcome....
    Spot on.This morning i was at Thatto Heath with my daughter who plays for saints girls.This afternoon was a difficult choice between Thatto Heath V Leigh Miners or Haresfinch V Irlam.Decided to go and watch Finch.Dont know i am going to fit Saints in when the season starts!

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

I've watched saints for nigh on fifty years and in 85' was that miffed of after the bradford game didn't winge ,just put the players up for sale in the local press. Did they (saints) listen , yep they banned me from the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by mister chuffy View Post
    I've watched Saints for 34 years this coming season, and moaned for every one of those years about something. It's genetic i think. Shit happens eh?
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand

show me a man who dosen't moan, and I'll show you his headstone.

Learning All The Songs saintollie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    show me a man who dosen't moan, and I'll show you his headstone.
    its just that some folk have developed moaning into an art form!

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Challenge Cup started yesterday - 1st game prelim round Ovenden v Rochdale Mayfield over in Halifax.

Bloody cold, but fantastic atmosphere in the club house, grassroots rugby league, excellent reception.

Good game too - Ovenden 26, Mayfield 28..........after Ovenden being 22-0 up at half time (12 foot slope on the pitch may have had some bearing on this!)

Yet again going to a game a round this year along with hardy stalwarts "SaintSam" and "JC or is it just GC" from this forum.........hopefully leading all the way to Saints at Wembley..................

Can't wait for the next round!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by saintollie View Post
    its just that some folk have developed moaning into an art form!
    Some people moan more than others, some people fart more than others. It's not always possible to distribute things equally.

As it happens, I happen to fall into both categories!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

i must say it'd be quite boring on here if everyone agreed

Learning All The Songs saintollie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    i must say it'd be quite boring on here if everyone agreed
    very true, however a debate with opposing views does not necessarily have to include a good old moan!!!