Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Staff at saints town centre shop

Noooobie

Generally have a good experience on all levels with Saints staff...BUT went in yesterday, bought a shirt and tickets and the woman who served me was down right RUDE. Shop was quiet, but she felt the need to finish her conversation with another member of staff about their lunch before bothering to serve me. Then stopped half way through to continue the conversation, I asked a question about MM tickets and you would have thought I had just asked her for her spleen. Sticking to online now!!!

In The West Stand

Given the common theme in all of the complaints I'd suggest its the same individual each time. Thats easily sorted, I wouldnt stick to on-line as the above poster has suggested. Take the name and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    Given the common theme in all of the complaints I'd suggest its the same individual each time. Thats easily sorted, I wouldnt stick to on-line as the above poster has suggested. Take the name and complain.
    This is a point I have attempted to make. How many people complaining in this thread have ever actually complained to Saints about it? It is far easier to come online and moan. That's too passive for Saints to anything with.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Keep that argument to the correct thread please! The other thread is tedious enough without you bringing that debate onto here as well.
    The best post on this thread It made me go and search for the bin one and that has whiled away part of the post kids rugby Sunday afternoon while said kids and father watch Liverpool Everton Oh and to keep to the original topic. I have no problems with the shop staff. Some are more interested in interacting with you and having a chat whilst you pay them or they help you with a query, others just serve you politely but without any chat outwith the specific transaction, but none have made me half as hacked off as many of the staff of the huge supermarket chains do when they blatantly just wish you would go away, short of telling you to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    About what exactly?
    Footballers wages LOL
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

Take the name and complain to the club / shop manager, if its the same name that crops up on each complaint, then bingo.

Poor folks were rushed of their feet when I was in there on Saturday, not helped by the fact the debit card machines sometimes worked, and sometimes didnt. Its not big help when you have a few people say " can I have my season ticket please, or can I buy a ticket for up coming freindly games please " your simply told that you need to go to the other till to deal with that sort of transaction, you may have just queued for 10 minutes to be told this. Felt sorry for the staff on Saturday, the shop didnt look like it had the capacity to handle a multitude of fans wanting to buy the home or away shirts, pick up season tickets, purchase game day tickets, try clothes on in the ONE changing room ( why only one ? )... they handled it well I thought. Nice to see the palce so busy, the tills were kerching, kerching, kerching'ing, which must be good news to Eamon Mc.
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

Learning All The Songs

How long have the tills been designated certain functions only? And how long has it been that they have not been labeled as such? How long have people been queueing at the wrong till to only be told "wrong till". Maybe 2 years ???

C'mon Saints shop, it's not rocket science. Put an effin readable sign on the tills at least. Amateurs.

Starting A Programme Collection luckysaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    How long have the tills been designated certain functions only? And how long has it been that they have not been labeled as such? How long have people been queueing at the wrong till to only be told "wrong till". Maybe 2 years ???

C'mon Saints shop, it's not rocket science. Put an effin readable sign on the tills at least. Amateurs.
    If they are as busy as Sydney 2002 is saying, they maybe have'nt had time for making signs. They are now doing stuff like phone order in the shop to so maybe things are a bit stretched now it's all combined in one shop.
    McManus cider, MMMmmmmm refreshing

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by luckysaint View Post
    If they are as busy as Sydney 2002 is saying, they maybe have'nt had time for making signs. They are now doing stuff like phone order in the shop to so maybe things are a bit stretched now it's all combined in one shop.
    My point is it's been like that for two years. How difficult is it? And they wouldn't be so busy if they didn't have to stop to redirect people into a queue that a punter has a 50/50 chance of getting right.

Should get Mary Portas onto this issue.

She is doing a new series on channel 4 at the minute

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Well I've just been in and don't know what to think but the facts are;

About 6 customers with 3 at the till and there are only 2 young ladies serving.

A gentleman with a toddler was asked to leave and return in 15 mins as there was a queue of 3(one a group but only 1 buying in the group). He was not purchasing stock but I think it was season ticket stuff. ( should always be someone there to deal with any issue I think)

I asked when age 6 home kits where due in to none on display yet young by magic produced one from under shelf counter( how many did potentially not ask and walk out)

Lastly one for me is why don't we get a discount on the shirts? I thought we got 5% yet I was informed this was only preorder and was on ISC leisure wear only. I will look into this further as I'm too busy now.

A way forward I believe is that all the sales staff should wear saints branded gear and not their own what they decide to put on when they get up in the morning. Lastly they should wear a badge with names on as this makes it a little more personal and let's you identify staff if treated poorly or well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    Lastly one for me is why don't we get a discount on the shirts? I thought we got 5% yet I was informed this was only preorder and was on ISC leisure wear only. I will look into this further as I'm too busy now.
    On the relevant season ticket it does say 'leisurewear' so that would not include replica shirts. I've taken it to mean things like hoodies and the like.

A way forward I believe is that all the sales staff should wear saints branded gear and not their own what they decide to put on when they get up in the morning. Lastly they should wear a badge with names on as this makes it a little more personal and let's you identify staff if treated poorly or well.
    Quite a few of them have worn Saints tops but I think the staff have changed in the town centre store since KR closed down as I only recognised the lad when I went in for my season ticket.

Have they got the ticket computer working yet?

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    On the relevant season ticket it does say 'leisurewear' so that would not include replica shirts. I've taken it to mean things like hoodies and the like.

Quite a few of them have worn Saints tops but I think the staff have changed in the town centre store since KR closed down as I only recognised the lad when I went in for my season ticket.

Have they got the ticket computer working yet?
    No I think that's why the young lady asked if the chap could return later. She was polite when told me about the leisure wear only discount and I thought I'd read it on here about the 5% on a shirt. Season ticket is still in envelope so invent read it tbh.
    I only question the uniform due to a lady stood behind till with a big thick white wooly jumper who could have been anyone due to a lack of uniform or ID as such. She could have been robbing the place for all I know.
    Overall tbh they were not bad or indifferent to other shops and if they spent a day at a decent training venue they'd be reet.

I went in today about 12ish and they were great. All the staff bar one older woman were in Saints gear so they either changed after I went or new staff came on when you went in. Not sure what you mean.

Could not be more helpful today. I asked about sizes and a young girl suggested sizes that when I tried them on were a great fit. I bought the home shirt and the away shorts. I never usually buy the shirts but up close, the home one was nicer than I had seen and the away one was not as nice. I took my 3 month old baby boy with me and the young girl could see my predicament that his pram would not fit in the changing room with me, so she offered to watch him for me whilst I tried them on.

At the till, there was a seperate till for tickets than for merchandise so it was well organised. I have been critical of the service in the past but today they were spot on. Everyone smiling too. Well done Saints.

Noooobie

I wrote to Eamon McManus last year over the staff at the shop at K.R. as I bought new shirts and had the voucher taken out of season tickets and had left them behind (they had my name. address and phone no in) Before the next home match went in to ask for them said they didnt have them so we had to pay to get in to the match - 1 adult + 2 children, went in after the match and they where there but I got no reply from the club!

Well I have to say that it would appear that Saints have been taking notice of this thread. I went into the shop yesterday to buy a new away shirt and the service couldn't have been better. The lad served me and he was a credit. Efficient, well mannered etc......good on you sir.

david.dooley@tesco.net Arthur Bitter's Avatar

Collected my season ticket this morning.

I received a pleasant 'Can I help you?' from the young blonde lady. The other female then sorted me out with the ticket, gave advice regarding the smart card issue and was very polite.

Learning All The Songs

Pleasant staff this morning but failed to get my season ticket because the effin' computer connection was down..... again. They must have the worst computer connection on the planet.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Without starting a new thread just for this.

Saints reversable top

For home and away colours would be great especially for the juniors, they could wear the right colours and the cost to us parents would be reduced (rather than buying two tops)
    Quite like the idea.
    Last edited by Two Wheeled Saint; 25th January 2011 at 16:09.

Got A Season Ticket

I know that the tickets system is currently being upgraded and that has caused problems with both the ticket system and internet.

The staff at KR who are now in the shop have always been very helpful and polite and am very surprised at so many negative comments regarding the level of service.

This thread should now be called "Staff at Saints Shop Watch" - the third in the series behind Stadium Watch and Goodbye KR Watch - and who can have forgotten Gardner Watch and Meli Watch?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    At the till, there was a seperate till for tickets than for merchandise so it was well organised. .
    Where the tills clearly labeled as such, or did you have to get to the front of one queue before they told you that you were in the wrong one?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    Where the tills clearly labeled as such, or did you have to get to the front of one queue before they told you that you were in the wrong one?
    There are two counters. One has tickets in big letters on it, the other merchandise. The problem is, or has been, that the till on the tickets counter hasn't been working and so there are too many people on the merchandise counter. At least, that has been the difficulty when I have been in the shop. It's more a difficulty for staff, though, than customers as they have to keep apologising to customers but it isn't their fault that the systems aren't operating properly.

Learning All The Songs

Yeh, that happened to me this week when I went in for my season ticket. They said pop back in later when it might be working. Can't be done for me as I had work to go to and am seldom in the town centre.

It might not be the shop staff's fault but it's somebody's fault at Saints and it's a bloomin' nuisance to me.

Got A Replica Shirt

I havent read all of the posts on this thread but having been in the shop to buy my little fella a shirt for his up and coming birthday I thought I would share my experience.

With 2 people already in the queue I joined to wait to be served not really paying any attention to what was going on. As the lady in front of me got to the counter to be served she spoke to the shop assistant (a lady with blond hair I wont say anymore) then asked a question only to receive a glare and a huff and a puff. The shop assistant then said to the customer ADDRESS? to which the customer provided the detail and the next question was NAME? without even looking up at the customer. No please or thank you or kiss my @$$! She then said wait a minute to the customer and walked off. Whilst she was gone a second lady (Dark hair) came to the desk and seeing the lady in front was being served greeted me with a Can I help? a smile! a thank you after I had paid! Having left I dont know if the lady in front of me got what she wanted apart from shocking service.

From my experience it depends on who you get when you go into the shop to help as the assistant who served me was very good. The first assistant would not know customer service if hit smacked her in the face!

Aside from all of that I got the away shirt for my boy who is 2 in a couple of weeks. I couldnt belive how good a shirt it is close up and the best away shirt we have had for a number of years!